barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Sometimes you reach what's real just by making believe..., e-mail, mxf, original plots
TheKazzowww
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 01:11 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hey, folks! The name’s Maddie. I’m a 24 year old college graduate looking to start a few new stories! If you and I have roleplayed before, please don’t hesitate to get back in contact! I would love to start something new with you!

Who, What, When, Where?

Posts: I only roleplay over e-mail. I try to respond at least once a day, but often I’ll be available to respond multiple times a day. I’d like my partner to be able to respond AT LEAST once a week, if not more. I will not accept one-line responses, however, I don’t think it’s necessary to write a novel for every post. There’s a happy medium in there somewhere. I try to work out a few paragraphs per character per post.

Limits: I think the majority of those posting here have similar limits (ie: no pedophilia, bestiality, toilet play, etc.). I’m fine with smut, so long as it doesn’t overshadow our plot. I ask that you be 18+, just in case our story runs into the adult territory. Let me know your limits!

Pairings: As of right now, I only play mxf pairings. I do enjoy my leading ladies, as much as the next girl, but I also love my gentlemen. I’m down to double up OR we can choose two stories at once and each get a chance to play either gender. I only do original stories with original characters. I don’t mind us taking inspiration from a movie or tv plot and creating our own story, though.

I’m not a roleplay robot. I’d love to chat with you and giggle about our characters! Plot twists are my favorite and I love when both of us get a chance to surprise each other. If you’re not sure about something, let’s talk about it! Otherwise, throw it out there! Additionally, I’d like my partner to tell me if they have a problem or get bored with our roleplay. We can work together to fix it, start a new story, or if we’re just not compatible writers we can say our goodbyes.

Let’s get in contact! equadoria@gmail.com (Please have an idea in mind of what you'd like to roleplay before you send an e-mail!)

Some plots and genres to choose from are listed below. NOTE: These are not all I do. There are just too many to list! If you don’t find something to your liking, suggest, suggest, suggest! All plots are flexible.

Sci/Fi Fantasy

Alien Chief x Planetary Sociologist
- sort of inspired by a roleplay I was involved in long ago. This takes place in the future, on a different planet that’s full of humans. A colony started by a failed mission previously thought to have been lost to space. These humans are somehow different (we can decide later), and very tribal. A crew from Earth is sent to this new planet to study and exploit their resources. What happens when the tribe’s leader discovers their hidden agenda and captures the Captain’s wife?

Vampires - oldschool vs newschool

In the world that this plot takes place, there are two kinds of vampires. Those who cling to the old ways and those who have ventured out to live and prosper in secret among the humans (though they are still under the rule and laws of the council of vampires in the city). One of the characters here was once the son of a prominent vampire on the council. Long before, he was at fault for letting the secret of their existence slip out to the humans, which almost caused their destruction. He was executed by the council, his wife killed herself, and their young child was placed into the home of a family of vampires who lived among the humans.

Doomed to repeat his father's mistakes, this man lets the secret out in a rant induced by heartbreak and a drunken rage. This confession and his brutal attack on a human was caught on video and it went viral. His family stays in hiding, moving from place to place once they are discovered either by vampires of the council come to take him for what they think is execution or the government to hold him for ransom.

He breaks his hiding, once they are settled into a new home, starved. They have had hardly any access to fresh blood for weeks. He knows it is dangerous to go out in his condition, afraid he may attack and bring attention to himself, but he can't stay cooped up. He meets a girl at a club nearby, she takes him home, and somehow during the night they discover that they are both vampires (though she doesn't recognize him from the video and he keeps it a secret).

The two fall for each other and she connects his family to a reliable food supply. Everything is going a little bit better until she takes him to meet her family. It is here that the truth comes out. He is recognized as not only the man who put their entire race in danger but also as the adopted son of the family they have been feuding with for as long as anyone can remember.

The lovers are forced to separate but word of the girl's betrothal to the prince of the hidden city will lure him back to the place he was born. Secrets, drama...lot’s of things to do with this plot, y’all.

More Than Just a Rescue (werewolf x human)

This story takes place in a relatively small town. One night, a woman comes home from a long day's work to find a large scraggly almost wolf-looking dog who seems to be on the verge of death whimpering on her back patio. She takes him in and does her best to tend to his wounds and give him some food. The next day, she returns to find a man, who is still healing in similar places as the dog before, in her house. She soon discovers he is something she never believed could be real: a werewolf.

She is dragged into more drama as she finds that the mayor and his council are far from human. This town has been dragged into an all out werewolf vs vampire war, cleverly disguised.

The Master’s Son (witch x witch):

This plot spans across settings. One being the modern world and another on the same timeline but a few hundred years behind culturally as it is a hidden city. A woman from this hidden city of witches is sent to find her master's son. He was previously abandoned in his infancy, but kept track of relatively easily by his mother.

Their people have been discovered by the human's use of modern technology and everyone knows this war is happening, though it is not obvious for the nonmagical humans who is the enemy and who is not. In her attempts to lull him into a sense of trust, this young witch is charmed by him, but remembers her duty.

After a night of passion and this witch's attempt to put him to sleep, he awakes in a world completely different from his own. It is here that he meets his biological family and discovers his destiny...or the one they've planned for him. He is tutored in his ability, preparing for the day he will join his people in battle (there can even be an arranged marriage during this time).

All hell breaks loose when his feelings for the witch who found him get in the way of what his new-found family expect. Will he ever return to the world he once knew?

Any combination of vampire/werewolf/witch/etc you can think of.

Modern Red Riding Hood (no real plot for this, but it seemed like it might be interesting)

Modern/realistic

Love on an Airplane (best friend’s older brother x sister’s friend all grown up):

A girl, on her way back home for an old friend’s wedding, joins the mile high club with a boy she thinks she doesn’t know. When she arrives at her friend’s house, at which she’s staying to house sit while her friend is on honeymoon, she finds that the boy on the plane is actually her friend’s older brother whom puberty smiled upon.

Stranded (country boy/girl x city girl/boy):

One of our characters is stranded in a rural town without a working cell phone. They go into the first house they see and, while their car is being worked on, stay with the homeowner. Do they fall for eachother? What happens when the car is fixed? What about when the town belle/beau trots into the mix?

On the Run (criminal x random citizen):

A man is on the run, after escaping prison. He kidnaps a woman and has her take him to her home. He seems to mean her no harm, once they are settled. Did he really do what he was accused of?

Medieval fantasy:

The Three Kingdoms (princess x warrior):

This plot involves three different kingdoms: one of these kingdoms is ruled by a warrior class, valuing strength over everything. Another, ruled by magic. The third is nestled in the dragons natural habitat. Because of this, this third kingdom has all of their bases covered: great strength and the dragons to make up for what they lack in magic.

The first two of these kingdoms have decided to join forces against the other by ways of arranged marriage. Between the two of them, they would have enough force and skill to defeat this third kingdom and have access to their own dragon fleet.

One the day of the wedding, a small band of assassins from this third kingdom have been sent to kill either the prince or the princess and stop the wedding. Their plans change when they run into the princess on the road. She is fleeing her own wedding. Instead of killing her, they decide to kidnap her. Once back in their kingdom, the princess is entrusted to the care of the King's best warrior while they await her ransom to be paid.

What happens if it is never paid? Will love bloom between the warrior and his captive? (We could also play around with a royal engagement of his own to the king's youngest daughter, as the dragon riders in this kingdom are highly respected, and how that complicates a possible romance between he and the captive)

Prince x Peasant (a take on Cinderella. Inspired by Ever After, because Drew Barrymore. Yes.)

Prince(ss)/Guard x Gypsy/criminal

Post apocalyptic fantasy:

Salem 2.0 (witch x judge’s son):

A post-apocalyptic society, much like Salem, begins to blame witches for the world's destruction. The people's fear makes them believe it could true...but what if it is? What happens when the magistrate's son finds out that his lover is one of them?

PMEmail
^
TheKazzowww
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 09:34 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump!
PMEmail
^
TheKazzowww
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 02:36 PM

Awards:
N/A

Still looking!
PMEmail
^
TheKazzowww
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 12:59 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump!
PMEmail
^
lark
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 10:27 PM

Awards:
N/A

I'm interested! I know you only rp over email, but would it be possible to chat over discord to get to know one another/flesh out potential plots?

If so, my user is wren #4438

Shoot me a request and we can chat away!

PM
^
DisneyGirl
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 11:21 PM

Awards:
N/A

Sent ya an email! (:
PMEmail
^
TheKazzowww
 Posted: May 10 2018, 12:30 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump!
PMEmail
^
TheKazzowww
 Posted: May 16 2018, 07:59 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs