barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

once more unto the breach, wb sherlock, canonxoc, happy to split!
marblesoda
 Posted: Jul 22 2018, 12:56 AM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭; 𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭: 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞,
𝐂𝐫𝐲 - 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞!

𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

hey y'all waddap it's your girl emrys

so i’m like damn near ten years late to this fandom but i am here i am queer and my disaster ass wants to roleplay the 2009 wb sherlock and its sequel, game of shadows

“isn’t that the one with jude law and rdj?” some lone voice calls out from the back of the theater, their query echoing awkwardly in the open air.

“yeah!” i shout back, the response hanging still above the heads of the gathered crowd. someone shuffles, another coughs - somewhere, a child fusses and burbles uncertainly. the mass exchange uncertain glances, feet shuffling as if debating whether to stay or go.

so anyway like for a few weeks i've had a dual mcu and sherlock thread floating around but i finally decided to bite the bullet and make a full blown sherlock thread. will it make much of a difference? i super doubt it
does it make me feel better to make a new thread tailored to it? yeah, a little

𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚎

❖ twenty-three
❖ lady af
❖ gmt-8/gmt-7//pst/pdt
❖ au fiend
❖ rambles on and on
❖ disaster gay that is actually a disaster ace. ha ha! fooled you!

𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚜

❖ tobacco products - hard pass
❖ drug paraphernalia - hard pass (excluding like hospital iv's and cold medicine)
❖ substance abuse - hard pass
❖ alcohol in general - mostly hard pass. no getting drunk plsnthx and if we could not talk about it at all that would be hella aces but i mean champagne toasts and wine at dinner is fine i suppose
❖ sexual abuse/sexual assault - hard pass
❖ smut - more of a fade to black person. but allusions, insinuations, jokes and funny hahas are always welcome

𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚜

because there’s one chucklefuck in every group i'm gonna lay down the law
i am super 👏 fucking 👏 aware 👏 sherlock has issues with alcohol and drugs normally
guess what? don’t 👏 fucking 👏 care 👏
i’ve listed it as a limit, i’ve asked for you not to touch that shit with a thirty nine and a half foot pole that thurl ravencroft would be jealous of. so why people feel the need to roll up like BUT!!! YOU DO LIKE KNOW RIGHT?? WHAT IF I–
like no!! i don’t care!! this is fiction! and a hobby! it makes me uncomfortable and i should be able to say that without people trying to contest my comfort zone! if that shit is so important to you that you can’t write the character without it?? i hope you find a lovely rp partner but sorry to say i’m not it! we just ain’t gonna get along.
i’m sorry if i sound like a hellacious bitch but my god it just happens so fucking much and i’m tired y’all, emrys is fuckin’ exhausted.

that said.

i’m more than happy to accommodate any limit you have babes whether it contradicts canon or not 💖💖💖

𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢

okay so fun stuff! my very dumb very gay ass has really big huge dokis for rdj's sherlock holmes.
(if you've seen my mcu ad i mean you know this, we all know this, we been knew that emrys is this bitch now)

which i know is kind of asking for a lot in a series where like it's sherlock, or watson or like... maybe blackwood or moran. but very doubtful. i'd love to play constable clark though if anyone's up for that shit
so! while i would love love love love love to play law's watson as he is kind of like my favorite watson - i understand if that's not everyone's cup of tea and not what they would like to fuck with!

which is why i am also super willing to ✨split roleplay✨ for this fandom. and while personally i think it could be fun if we split wb sherlock and bbc sherlock just since they're in the same realms (and i can play absolutely anyone from bbc sherlock) i'll split with you on anything if you've got an idea! mcu, potc, jp/jw, hp, are the like... major fandom franchises i can think of off the top of my head that i know of and have a ton of experience in. but feel free to ask and if i know it i'd be happy to roleplay whoever you'd like in whatever fandom you'd like!

plot wise i’m kind of gay for following the films? just because i like to think of ways to put ocs in scenes because. i’m that cringey gay i guess. but i’m also down for like! post-game of shadows or pre-2009 or whatever? i’ve got some like isolated plot ideas for my oc that i can bust out when we talk like; i’m not want for ideas i’m just not sure what i wanna do with them yknow? i tend to talk this stuff out with a partner so we can both figure out something we’re good with O: but i promise i'll pull my weight in plotting!

𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚞𝚖 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚜

❖ i’m third person past/present fluctuating
❖ canon/oc for my side if it wasn’t obvious
❖ m/f, f//, m// all fine by me but i prefer m/f and f//
❖ 250w minimum typically just because i enjoy it. i can also go as high as like 3,500 but probably not every post. and i type better than here i swear, if you want to ask me for samples go ahead! i’m happy to throw some posts at you.
❖ discord = email = gdocs > gaiaonline > pm’s > threads > everywhere else

𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎

alright so! if you'd like to get a hold of me feel free to email me at thequicksilveralchemist@gmail.com or if you'd rather jump right into it, my discord is super secret boy band#8981
just toss me a line on either! let me know like if you're cool with my limits, and tell me your own. i hate having to mention this but tons of people just ignore my limits altogether and it's very stressful. so just - let me know if you got limits, what your preference on word count is, what your favorite song is - idk! just lemme know you got through my stuff and don't make it like pulling teeth on my end to have a convo okay? ;w;
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 10:50 PM

Awards:
N/A

user posted image
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Jul 28 2018, 11:21 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 03:55 AM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 04:44 AM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Aug 8 2018, 04:33 AM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 06:54 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
marblesoda
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 05:47 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs