barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Griffith Did Everything Wrong, Berserk-Inspired RP
Little Hawk
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 08:12 AM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

Hello Barber!

So, long story short, I want to do an RP akin to Berserk, the anime/manga series. I’m working my way through the old anime, but I’ve seen the three movies, and 2 seasons of the currently running anime.

I don’t want to do Berserk – no canons. However, I am willing to use much of the lore and world to world build (if we’re particularly lazy), or take elements of it into our own world (mostly things akin to the idea of a “Chosen One”, magical/fateful stones like the Behelit, and the revenge motif).

With that said! I want to play the “golden age” as well – the story where the hero and the villain are on the same side, so that we can make that betrayal sweet, and break our own hearts by (likely) killing most of the NPCs we’ve grown fond of.

I do prefer to double, even with originals, so starting out with 4 main characters and branching out. I don’t mind if some of them die later, and get replaced by more characters down the line, but I wanted to be clear on that, so don’t come to me with just one character idea, or plan to play just one main character and then a whole bunch of sides. I don’t stay interested. I’ve tried.

I also play over GDocs or on the RPNation forum – and I’ll be linking an ad from there that basically restates this, but ya know…I didn’t have time this morning so I may have forgotten something.

You can contact me over on RPNation, or with my Skype (Itzume), or on tumblr (http://general-luce.tumblr.com/). If you leave me an e-mail here, I’ll get to ya – I just feel weird leaving my own here, so if you prefer to contact me in one of the other methods to make e-mail exchange private, I got you, haha.

Anyways, the link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/darker-inspirations-berserk-dark-tower-dark-souls-updated-5-12-2018.396599/
^
Little Hawk
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 11:38 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

Bumping!
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs