barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

barbercize, get ripped!!
XANDER
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 12:05 PM

tiefling bard
Group: Admin

Awards:

WOW LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF
wow k you are really fucking fast, if i was running from you i wouldn't get away

on the protein question! for the most part, protein is pretty much... all the same, so it's just about keeping an eye on things like 1) how much sugar does it have in it? and 2) how many calories per serving? and 3) fucking clumping. my favorite, after sampling around the affordable stuff, is Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein in Vanilla - it tastes like vanilla cake, and i put it in my smoothies (kale, banana, pineapple, chia seeds, protein powder, water.) you can get the chocolate one if you want something that you can have plain.

TIP: just have this shit with water. i know you want to put it with milk, and i know protein tastes funny, but you don't need dem milk calories. just get used to the weird taste.

i feel like i should update on goals now!
  1. do a headstand (yoga move) : OKAY. i am working on being able to pull my feet up and balance on my head on the open floor. can do this with wall.
  2. do 50 push-ups in two minutes : UNSURE. need to try.
  3. do 20 pull-ups back to back : NOPE. i can do 10!
  4. do 5 one-armed pull-ups on each arm : NOPE. maybe 2 on my right arm.
  5. do a full split on each leg : HA HA WHAT god damn
  6. one-legged king pigeon both sides : YES. this i can do.
  7. run an 8 minute mile : MAYBE IN MY DREAMS ONE DAY
  8. do a 100 meter sprint in 15 seconds : HAVEN'T MADE IT TO A TRACK
on the plus side, i do hit the gym at least twice a week, and on a good week i make it to yoga twice a week too! at least once a week on yoga.

another tip, barbermonger: do not go for workout / gym overkill. don't do it. it's a bad idea. it's a bad idea because you'll overwhelm yourself and give up, because remember, you probably hate this shit (for whatever reason.) however, if you stick with it in steady doses, you will learn to tolerate it better, so a lot of this is about setting a reasonable goal and being consistent. i look forward to working out four days a week after years of working at liking the gym. ACTUAL YEARS. unless you are really disciplined (read as: good at punishing yourself), you will not be able to jump into that kind of routine.

take it slow! this is not about getting ~*magical*~ results. we are trying to feel better than we did two months ago, six months ago, a year ago, three years ago. that's it. none of this 2 WEEK WIZARD BOOTCAMP SHIT. here's some beginner's health and fitness.

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Bleedpretty
 Posted: Jul 18 2016, 07:04 PM

animal impulses
Group: Members

Awards:

TIP: just have this shit with water. i know you want to put it with milk, and i know protein tastes funny, but you don't need dem milk calories. just get used to the weird taste.

you know, i actually put mine in unsweetened chocolate almond milk. it's got no sugar and is very low cal (30-40 cal depending on brand). though, it does have some fat to it. i don't mind the fat so much because i eat so little of it in my diet. it's pretty good! but i like stuff like that.

ALSO i have discovered the serious joy of putting vanilla protein power in with yogurt and some kind of fruit. so much yum. i did this with fresh cherries and it was amazing, like cake batter. it does have some sugar to it though. i usually get the lower sugar options but still.

since i have not yet posted any goals, i think i shall:

◘ ACTUALLY START TO STRENGTH TRAIN AGAIN
◘ increase general running distance back to 5 miles. i'm at an average of 2.5 right now
◘ train for and run in a half marathon!
◘ try to not fall and badly injure self 2 weeks before said half marathon this time! or break a toe. again.
◘ pick up another exercise aside from running. must cross train. sad times.

--------------------
And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.
PMEmail
^
Mog
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 12:25 PM

Awards:

Question for the beautiful buff barberbabes!

How does one work out in the morning? I'm looking to fit in early workouts during the week. If I work out, I almost always am tired a few hours later and subsequently nap it out. If I work out in the AM I will want to sleep at work..and my worst fear on the painfully long stop and go commute on the way home.

How do you do it?

I've just picked up running again, very slowly. I don't do much else for strength (though I should at some point). I don't like eating early, so I'd have a cup of coffee in me at the most.

Tips/tricks anyone?

PM
^
Bleedpretty
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 06:51 PM

animal impulses

Awards:

Question for the beautiful buff barberbabes!

How does one work out in the morning? I'm looking to fit in early workouts during the week. If I work out, I almost always am tired a few hours later and subsequently nap it out. If I work out in the AM I will want to sleep at work..and my worst fear on the painfully long stop and go commute on the way home.

How do you do it?

I've just picked up running again, very slowly. I don't do much else for strength (though I should at some point). I don't like eating early, so I'd have a cup of coffee in me at the most.

Tips/tricks anyone?

i used to be a hardcore afternoon/evening fan but i found that after work i rarely would actually get out and do it. mornings mean i'm not worn out yet and am more likely to actually force myself.

i'm the same as you- i can't eat first thing, especially before a run. (i know you really are supposed to but it makes my stomach cramp!) usually i get up, have a cup of coffee and then take off. i would just make sure you're eating enough calories and taking vitamins! it's amazing how tired you get when you're not eating enough. also you deplete your body of vitamins when you work out- magnesium, vit d, and calcium are all important. (magnesium defic. will make muscles twitch, vid d defic. will make you groggy as hell)
i take coffee to work now, i get very tired and it's not fun to cart around dogs with tired legs but after a while of consistently doing it you actually gain energy so i think it eventually evens out.
PMEmail
^
XANDER
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 01:13 PM

tiefling bard

Awards:

@mog - so! the first thing i would address is, what is really making you tired?
  1. are you drinking at least 64oz of water every day? dehydration makes you tired.
  2. do you get 8-9 hours of sleep every night? sleep deprivation - chronic and acute - will make you tired.
  3. do you take any multivitamins? do you have a healthy diet? junk food and a lack of vitamins will make you tired.
addressing these three things - drinking more water, going to bed earlier, eating more vegetables, taking vitamins - will help with your overall energy levels. you will also probably be a happier person. i know i am!

i generally do not eat before i work out - i just have a cup of coffee and go do my thing, whether that's weights at the gym or yoga. after my work outs, i always have a protein shake (as mentioned), which helps with muscle soreness, hunger, and energy levels.

you can do it! i was NEVER a morning person - like, HATED THE MORNINGS kind of person. but now i feel so much more energized when i work out in the morning - but also calmer? like, i am just so much more relaxed and less bothered by stuff on my work out days. if i go more than three days without a work out, on the other hand, i am one rude dude. give me endorphins or GIVE ME DEATH
PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
bird
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 01:45 PM

number one dad

Awards:

holy shit i've been running like 4x a week all of sudden, how did that happen!!! aaa.

running is maybe too strong a word, but somehow all the run/walk a bit intervals average out to like a 10 minute mile, which is sad but whatever. i'm about three weeks into a running training plan now and building up stamina so hopefully that gets faster. my only goal is to get enough aerobic conditioning that going back to weights won't totally be the worst (ie it'll still be heavy, but at least i'll have a little more gas in the tank). not dying at an early age would be nice too.

my sad geriatric knees are a little twinge-y but seem to be holding up thus far.

also this is in no way a useful post but i am going to my first ever krav maga class TONIGHT
PMAIM
^
Mog
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 02:49 PM

Awards:

I'm too lazy to do the quote thing:

Bleed:

Mornings are so hard. Maybe when I’m older and wake up naturally at 5am I will be able to run in the morning before work. (Hey, I’m at 6:30am so I’m almost there. Hah.)
I try to take a multivitamin but it makes me throw up all the damn time. I’ve taken it with food, without, in the AM and PM. Nothing seems to help. I can stomach like the Adult gummy vitamins (apparently I am a CHILD). So I think I need to try different ones to find the one that works for me.
I agree too, I think I just need to build up the energy. I’ve been feeling very low lately. (Fell off the gym wagon real hard.)

Xander:

1.Water yes, that is one thing I do well
2.Kind of? I don’t get restful sleep I feel.
3.My diets not the best but not the worst. I’m warming up to the fruits and veggies. I’ve almost nixed all fast food from my diet. (Though I’m a big coffee coffee coffee no food person.)

I think I just have to bite the bullet and get back into the working out thing, even if it is a small amount a day.

Bird
My run/walk mile is like 13 minutes..soo you’re already doing better than I can/did.
Also krav maga is so bad ass omg.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom nuggets, I will horde them dearly next time I do the exercise thing.!
PM
^
bird
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 03:01 PM

number one dad

Awards:

@mog

not super helpful advice, but i do find that some workouts are easier than others in the morning. like, weightlifting is super hard in the morning but great in the afternoon (science confirms this apparently) because you're super limber and well-fed at that point and your muscles are warm, compared to mornings when you're stiff and achy. whereas i find morning cardio to be irritating but ultimately painless, and generally helpful in waking me the fuck up. some people i know do two-a-days for that reason --- go for a morning run, then do a short weights workout in the afternoon or evening, or whatever combination works for you and your body and your schedule.

also coffee is the greatest pre-workout of all. if i run in the morning i usually drink coffee, some water, go for a run, and then eat breakfast. (for weights i need food though: fuck everything about lifting hungry, i get so miserable it's not even funny). if you can't go back home maybe pack protein powder + some easy carbs to snack on with your lunch so you can eat them at work?
PMAIM
^
bird
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 08:37 PM

number one dad

Awards:

hello my name is bird and i love to punch things

holy cardio batman

gonna keep going for the next month at least!
PMAIM
^
XANDER
 Posted: Sep 14 2016, 09:18 PM

tiefling bard

Awards:

okay but what's everyone's workout music though

this is what i was doing pull-ups to today

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
bird
 Posted: Sep 24 2016, 11:55 PM

number one dad

Awards:

i do just about all my listening to music at the gym so 90% of what i post in the tunes thread??? lol. lately a lot of my running playlists are dominated by zhu's new album or maya jane coles mixes. or you know, slightly out-of-date hip hop like

(chris brown though >:C)

or

anyway there's no music at the krav maga gym but all i can think of lately is throwin' dem bows like ol' luda:

edit: or omg how can i forget SLOW DOWN YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T CATCH ME

PMAIM
^
knox
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 11:37 AM

basically a ghost

Awards:

i'm just here to brag about how i ran two miles in ten minutes. *hairflip*

lol my brother wasn't very impressed tho. he may be in the running to try out for the us olympic track team in 2020 sooo guess that makes me a snail. i have to keep whittling away at my time until he approves.

he will admire me one day.
one day.

in the meantime i've been rebuilding the strength/definition in my arms. i have cut bread and most starches out of my diet entirely, which wasn't too difficult seeing as i don't eat much of that stuff to begin with. it has been almost four weeks now and gotta say i've been feeling a lot more energized since i stopped. maybe bread just doesn't agree with me? who knows?

i've also been reaping the benefits of protein once again! i actually do mix mine with water because i don't drink anything that contains dairy milk, even if it's supposed to make for a more delicious smoothie. i can still taste the cow in there and

user posted image
that's just nasty.

going back to thru my goals from april and noting that my balance has improved phenomenally as well! i am basically back on the level i was at when i was doing a lot of pilates and yoga in high school.

my mom is a physical therapist and she works with athletes as well as children who have genetic disorders. she gave me a bunch of tips/balance exercises that have been super helpful. i can come back and post about them at some point if anyone is interested!
PM
^
bird
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 12:14 PM

number one dad

Awards:

definitely post the tips and balance stuff! i'm interested because mine has definitely gotten worse post concussion/lifting hiatus.

also holy FUCK a five minute mile is insane, k, don't sell yourself short. the fastest woman in the world only runs a 4:12 in the 1600 and you ran 5 for 2 miles so @___@ U SPEEDY. your brother is a doofus.

this is motivation for me to get running right the fuck now so i'll see ya but i am definitely not running a four minute mile any time soon. lol
PMAIM
^
knox
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 01:12 PM

basically a ghost

Awards:

QUOTE (bird @ Sep 25 2016, 01:14 PM)
definitely post the tips and balance stuff! i'm interested because mine has definitely gotten worse post concussion/lifting hiatus.

also holy FUCK a five minute mile is insane, k, don't sell yourself short. the fastest woman in the world only runs a 4:12 in the 1600 and you ran 5 for 2 miles so @___@ U SPEEDY. your brother is a doofus.

this is motivation for me to get running right the fuck now so i'll see ya but i am definitely not running a four minute mile any time soon. lol

will do!

yeah, i looked up olympic qualifying standards as well as women's running speeds and i was like SO CLOSE but also like, DAMN. so far. tbh i don't think i can shave my speed down by much more. i am literally gasping on the floor after every run. it may be possible but it's also likely that this is my peak. and no complaints there!

i will run to canada to meet you for one of your next workouts. see you in ~140 hours.
PM
^
XANDER
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 03:34 PM

tiefling bard

Awards:

i will just drive next to you ladies on a vespa plz and thank u

i slither in and out with more music

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs