barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

hockey. f/f. olympic hype., yes, woman's hockey. no, not genderbent.
dani.
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 02:05 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

first thing's first: i'm over 21, can write novels when i want to (but tend to match what my partner gives me. i really only rp over email. i'm in grad school and have a part-time job, so i try to reply

okay so...it's (almost) and olympic year and that means my hype level, specifically for the USWNT, is sky high. i'd like to channel that into...something. i'd probably feel weird about writing any of the lovely ladies currently on the USA women's team -or NWHL/CWHL/other countries, but coming up with a couple of OCs sounds very fun to me. especially because we could go a couple of different ways with it. are they players on the same team who are fighting to get recognized by top college scouts? or are they on the same high school team, star standouts, and thought to be one of the best duos in the game...only for one to take a scholarship for a different (rival) university? OR have they been pitted against each other Canada/USA style since U18s, attend rival colleges, and are both fighting for spots on their country's national team? (are they both american and fighting for limited spots?)

listen, the possibilities are endless. i just want to write some lady hockey players with their girlfriends, okay, and if that seems like something you're into, then don't hesitate in dropping me a line. i guess you'd have to be familiar with the game in GENERAL to even want to get involved, but i'm more than happy to kind of...ease you into WOHO if you're more into the NHL or college...and even if you're not interested in playing, i'd love to scream about the USWNT with new fans so feel free to shoot me a PM here or even an e-mail. i tend to ooc talk over skype, so i'll throw that out when we get into contact for some (hopefully!) role plays.

you can find me at danilawrences22@gmail.com

also, i usually DO use proper capitalization in character but if you don't care i can type like i do on my tumblr, too. anyway, looking forward to hearing from you!
^
dani.
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 08:58 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

bump.

also: you don't need to be like. super well versed in hockey to do this. i'd be happy to help you learn basics. i just kind of figured most people into this sort of thing would be fans of the game already.
^
dani.
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 07:46 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

bump.
^
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 11:31 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

Bump.

please, guys, i’m still craving hockey ladies hard.

Other things to consider: those fics where there’s like. the First woman in the nhl or whatever but more realistic? our characters having been rivals in college and played on the Olympic team together and one of them gets a call from an NHL GM and it’s probably mostly a PR stunt (the team is probably awful) but still she could play in real NHL games? (It wouldn’t be all it’s cracked up to be. She would probably play a couple ore-season games and then be sure she was going to get cut during camp but end up signing a two way contract and playing in the AHL (the American League, below the NHL, where players ride buses everywhere and have lights schedules and make less money but have a shot at eventually making the big team). Anyway someone write some hockey ladies with me okay?

danilawrences22@gmail.com
^
dani.
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:38 am

Unregistered

Awards:

bump!

caught one, wouldn't say no to others!
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs