barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Want to Know My Favorite Part about Saving the World?, Doing it Together
Mr.Edd
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 04:07 PM

N/A
Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Ahoy everyone!

Bo here, and I'm dog tired of love-hate relationships that always end in characters bickering like children, offending one another, and eventually being shoehorned into a relationship. Today I want is to find a partner who will create a positive, fun, engaging, relationship between characters against a cruel world. I want our characters to have one another's backs, to earn one another's trust and respect, and to genuinely enjoy being with one another. This doesn't mean there cannot be conflict, moments where they disagree, but I don't want that to be the bulk of their interactions. Maybe they should be enemies but aren't, maybe things are just complicated. Who knows? But let them get along more often than they don't.

Now, a little more hard info on who I am and my ideas.

Guidelines

Doubling: Doubling is great in the right context, but I will only do it when all the characters are necessary. If the plot does not call for more than two mains, then it shouldn't have more than two mains. Equally, if a plot calls for a wider main cast then I'll probably push for it. Context is key.

Ages: I require that my partners be over the age of 18, partially because I am uncomfortable writing about some themes with anyone younger than that, mostly because I don't like the idea of going to prison. As for characters, my mains are usually between 26-45 years old, an average being about 30. I hope you've got a similar range.

Medium: Email is my preferred method of sharing replies That being said, I use Hangouts frequently and am willing to share my Discord username for the sake of plotting. I could be convinced to use either for the plot itself. I strongly encourage you to contact me via Hangouts if you want to plot over messenger.
deprezn92@gmail.com

Limits: Plainly, I have none. That being said, if something seems gratuitous or counterproductive to the story I will not hesitate to nix it. Beyond that, hit me with whatever. I kinda like squirming a little.

Length: In the quantity versus quality debate I'm a quality gal all the way. I'd rather have a succinct, pretty post than a droning twelve paragraph monster where it doesn't belong. Everything in its place, of corse; setting scenes should take time, just as conversations may be quite short. My replies have a broad range, but you can expect nothing less than two paragraphs, unless, of corse, context demands otherwise. Intros can be anything beyond six paragraphs.

Pairings: Primarily I do M/F, come to me with a fun plot and a good character to play against and I'll do F// too.

Ideas/Cravings: Strong characters (male or female); relationships that work; interesting worlds we build together; military-themes; fantasy; sci-fi; moral "grayness"; complex conflict; dystopia; "medieval" worlds; modern settings; serial killers on the prowl; characters who have fun together; well-placed gore; apocalypse; fucking up gender roles; romances that are perhaps unconventional but fulfill our characters; war and the intricacies thereof; characters with interesting heritages, cultures, and backgrounds (never be afraid to try something new with me!)
PMEmailWebsite
^
Mr.Edd
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 10:25 AM

N/A
Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Giving this a little bumparoo, got some free time with this chilly weather and I'd love to brew something up again.
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs