barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Doctor Who: Finding Gallifrey [Closed], The Doctor's Side
Lucyfer
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 05:42 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

“Really, really shouldn’t have done that.”

The voice was unfamiliar to the speaker, and it caused bright blue eyes to open to the darkened room. “And you’re out of power. Of course.” A deep breath was taken, and it was then the individual lying on the floor realized there was a tightness in their chest. Arms threw themselves forward to propel the individual into a sitting position, before the hands splayed across the metal floor and held the person up. “Well I’m sorry, I didn’t know the Daleks had a weapon that could drain you. And my god, is this my voice, really? It’s so…high.” A hand with long fingers lifted to the throat, to massage it. Nails. The individual felt nails. “Odd.”

The hand left the throat, and the individual looked down at the hands. They were smaller than usual. That wasn’t what caught the attention of the sitting one, though. First, was the fact that on a chest that used to be masculine, were now breasts. Second, the hair that fell over the blue coat was red. “I’m a ginger!” The hands immediately reached back and began pulling the hair forward to examine it. It was long enough to look at. “I’m ginger, and I’m a woman.”

A frown creased her lips. She wasn’t sure if she was happy about this or not. On the one hand, she was ginger. On the other hand, she was a woman, and she honestly didn’t know how that was going to be. Oh sure, the Master had adjusted just fine—but the Master was insane. “These clothes aren’t going to work.” No, they were much too tight across the chest. “I suppose I have to buy bras now.” She winced, remembering various companions complaining about them. And the cost of them. Well, that was never an issue for her.

She pushed herself to a standing position, and realize that while the top was too tight, the rest of her clothing was not. She had to quickly find a belt to tighten the pants, and then just stepped out of the shoes. It would be much too difficult to go walking about in shoes that didn’t fit, after all. “Perfect, Lily. You had to leave now and I could use you in figuring this out.” Of course, if Lily hadn’t left, she wouldn’t have gone after the dalek ships the way that he—she did. Which had not been sane. She’d barely managed to return to her TARDIS.

“Just get us to the rift. You can recharge, and I’ll…figure this clothing situation out,” she said, and walked about the central console to direct the TARDIS to Cardiff, where the rift still was. Fortunately, the TARDIS was able to pull on emergency sources of power to get itself to the familiar point. Once there, all the lights and electronics went off.

The Doctor sighed and patted the console, “I’ll be back soon.” She said, and then walked out into the bright sun of Earth, squinting but smiling. She put a hand above her eyes and glanced around. “Now, to figure out clothes. Oh Rose,” she smiled fondly, “You could have helped.” She had worked at one of those stores.

Well, no time like the present! The Doctor set off from the TARDIS to locate a department store, though made a mental note about the chatter on the street. There was to be an unveiling of some statue, in dedication to England as the Land of the Angels. Well, that was what it stemmed from. The Doctor just smiled, and considered she’d head down to see this unveiling herself, once she had an appropriate outfit.

She passed an ATM on the way, clicked her sonic screwdriver on at it. It hummed its melody until the machine began to spit out bills, which other passerbys took interest in. The Doctor gave them a smile as she picked up a few bills for herself. Others swarmed to pick up what was left behind, and the Doctor chuckled.

Into a store she went, and before she could be dismissed for not wearing any shoes, she waved the money, “I really need a good pair of shoes,” she stated the obvious, “And some clothes. Please.” Apparently the money was satisfactory, because the brunette’s frown turned to a bright smile, and the Doctor’s hand was dragged. She was led into the store and tossed many different articles of clothing that she ‘had to have’.

The Doctor just enjoyed trying them all on and examining herself in the mirror. The hair still drew most of her attention. She was going to need more than a comb now, too, wasn’t she?

More than once, the Doctor complained about bras and trying to figure out wearing one, but eventually she stepped out in black dress pants, black flats (she was not ready to try heels), and a sleeveless royal blue cowl top. A couple of other things were grabbed and stuffed into a bag for later, including a pair of small heels. River would be terribly upset if she didn’t at least try to wear heels, after all.

‘I suppose I’ll finally know how difficult they are.’
She thought, before stepping back out. ‘Let’s see, where is this unveiling going on at now?’ And the Doctor set out to figure more information about this statue now.

She hailed someone random, someone who looked a bit like a tourist who might be interested in such a thing as the statue “Excuse me!” She called out, “Do you know where this statue is going to be unveiled? The one dedicated to England as the land of angels?” She specified, in case there were other unveilings.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 06:27 PM

Awards:

England, what a beautiful place. It was nothing like the small town in Maryland that Thomas had lived in for most of his childhood. Here in England the people were smiling and friendly, as back in Maryland it was a lottery. You either encountered some thug-wannabe or one of the few nice people who lived there. Maryland was a small state, compared to most of the states in the U.S, it did experience all four seasons, so the weather here was no problem for him.

Orlando was a young male, only about half a decade out of college. Like most people in his class he spent the first year going to parties and messing around not really accepting college for what it really is. Entering university Thomas had no clue what he wanted to study, it was only his mother's pushing that he actually attended. It wasn't until his Sophomore year did he really start to focus on his school work. Taking in account the current time he lived in, technology was always advancing, so why not study computers? Computers are the main piece of social technology, whether it be a simple laptop set up with word document program to write reports, or to a highly devolved gaming desktop filed with the parts to produce high resolution graphics. Computers were something Thomas enjoyed much himself.

Once settling down, the amount of effort he put forward was outstanding. He took all the recommended courses brought to him by his counselors, and then classes that weren't required but were offered. He took classes during his summer breaks as well. He graduated with a degree in computer science and a minor in programming. His hopes were to maybe start off with small computer based jobs to get his feet wet, and hopefully end up working for a bigger computer company like Microsoft or Apple one day. However once he finished his college years he wanted to travel for a bit. Being twenty-six, he was still young enough to waste some time before really setting for work, or at least he though.

During the summer in Maryland, he decided the first place he would visit would be England. First things first, he had to get a hair cut. During his college years he didn't pay much attention to cutting his dark brown hair. His mane was too heavy and too much for him, so he had it shorten down to a shaggy buzz-cut. Packing his bags by the end of June he left for England July second. He landed in Manchester later that week and checked into a hotel by the name, Macdonald Manchester Hotel. Once fully accepting of the time difference in time zones, Thomas headed out. He dressed in tan form fitting khaki pants, a loose baby v-neck t shirt under a green cardigan sweater. His shoes were docker styled, and he carried a small message bag along with a camera around his neck as he searched the streets of England.

Spread around England were small posters stating, "Statue unveiling in Trafalgar Square." Thomas wanting to see this unveiling started to wonder around without any directions or anything. Hour by hour went by and the young male walked around almost confused and lost until he heard a voice call out to him.

"Hmmm?" He raised any eyebrow at the woman talking to him. She appeared to be a local.
"No, well kinda. I saw a poster say it was In Trafalgar Square but I have no idea how to get there." He spoke honestly to the woman .

--------------------
Let's Make This Showy!
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 06:46 PM

Awards:

Trafalgar Square was actually quite a bit aways. The Doctor frowned, showing recognition with the place mentioned and disappointment with how far it was. “Do you know what time?” She started to ask, but then shook her head, “No, no, never mind,” she knew the way, and the TARDIS wasn’t going to be ready any time soon. If she missed it, she missed it, but she would at least try to get there in a timely fashion.

Glancing to the camera, the Doctor then looked back up at the individual. What was the fun in seeing it alone, after all? She’d been alone too long again, she knew that after the incident with the daleks.

And he had the strangest accent. It reminded the Doctor a little of Jack, though not completely. She didn’t place it as American immediately. “Do you want to come see it? I know the way to Trafalgar Square,” she invited with all cheer and friendliness, “It’s the least I can do for you telling me where it is,” now that she was closer, she could see the evident confusion on his face. Tourist, yes, but not one familiar with where to sight-see just yet. “Come, come, it’ll be fun!” Hopefully it would be fun.

Why was she getting that feeling in her stomach though, that it wouldn’t be fun?

‘Go away.’ As if willing it away had ever worked before.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 06:58 PM

Awards:

"Really? That would be awesome!" Thomas felt a breeze of relief fly over him. Her word were a nice change of pace compared to his wondering around for hours. "So, long how have you lived here?" He pondered out loud to her as started to lead the two. He only assumed she lived her, her voice held a British accent. She didn't look like she lived in the U.S but he could be wrong.

Though his feet were already aching, Thomas didn't mind walking some more. The worse case scenario he would take a bus or train back to Manchester, it would take at least three hours but he wasn't on any certain timed schedule. He hoped the unveiling wasn't already over. The Land Of the Angles was an interesting statement to say the least, what were the chances that Thomas was in England at time of such an unveiling?

"Oh wait, I'm Thomas." He smiled holding his hand out towards her. "It's nice to meet you."
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 08:22 PM

Awards:

The Doctor’s face lit up when the brunette before her agreed to come along. She was delighted to have company again, even if it might be for just a short while. At his question, she put on a thoughtful expression, pursing her lips as she thought. “Hmmmm,” she hummed, trying to figure it out. “Well, I’ve lived here on and off, ever since I left the Academy. I travel a lot,” not a lie, though the ‘living’ part might be a lie. Then again, she had spent so much of her life here in England that it was, basically, a second home.

Of course, by her looks, the man might only guess she’d lived there for perhaps three to five years. She looked to be his contemporary, after all.

He introduced himself, and the Doctor laughed at her forgetfulness. “Right! I’m the Doctor,” she offered. For fake names, she’d have to use Jane Smith now, wouldn’t she? Oh well. “Yes, that’s right, isn’t it?” She was speaking aloud without realizing it. “Doesn’t have to be Doctress now, does it?” The Master might have changed his name to Mistress, “Or nurse….” No, it could be Doctor. Rory was a nurse. She could still be Doctor.

Realizing she’d spoken aloud, she quickly offered her hand, “Doctor, just the Doctor! Good to meet you, Thomas.”
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 08:57 PM

Awards:

He paused for a moment, trying to understand everything she spoke out loud. Doctoress? Was that even a word. He didn't pay much attention to and shook his head. "Academy? Did you attend some sort of military academy? And what type of doctor are you?" He asked politely placing both his hands into his pockets. He kept his pace up with her as they made their way towards Trafalgar Square.

If she was a doctor, how old was she? That took a lot of schooling no matter what sort of doctor you became. She didn't look a day over thirty but yet she seemed older. Her eyes didn't seem as young or maybe Thomas was just imagining it. Thomas couldn't help but ponder these things and more. What type of name was Doctor?

As the two walked down the side walk, they passed a tall man, with dark black hair pushed back. The man walked a bit quicker then the "Doctor" and Thomas almost in a hurry. The man wore a larger over-coat though it was still somewhat warm. Thomas didn't notice anything particularly strange about the man besides the coat. He was still waiting for a response from the so-called "Doctor"
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 10:44 PM

Awards:

The ramblings of the insane were often ignored, denied. The Doctor always had that to her advantage. Humans, wonderful as they were, saw what they wanted to see. At the idea of it being a military academy, she shook her head, “No, er, something of a private school. We referred to it as the Academy.” Time Lord Academy. She’d barely passed. Still didn’t technically have a license to fly the TARDIS, but that didn’t matter.

There was no one to enforce the rules. Even when there was, she’d gotten away with it. Gallifrey owed her a thousand times over.

“I’m just the Doctor,” Doctor of Cheese, yes. Doctor of Time, she could claim that now certainly. Probably a few other things humans would give her doctorates for, considering her vast knowledge on it. Doctor of History? Certainly.

They passed by a man in an overcoat. The only thought that crossed the Doctor’s mind was that she ought to invest in a coat again. She did enjoy them, didn’t she? Of course she did. Something to consider. Though it was strange that the person was wearing such a coat, since it was so pleasant. “It should be right up ahead!”

A little more than that, but the Doctor sprinted ahead anyway. ‘Nope, need to get tennis shoes.’ These dress shoes were not cutting it. Well, she’d grab some before leaving. At this pace, though, she was five minutes from the Square. However, she did glance back to make sure Thomas could keep up—wouldn’t want to lose him after promising to take him to the Square.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 11:30 PM

Awards:

"Just the doctor eh?" Thomas repeated watching the woman run off in front of him. Letting out a slight grunt he started to jog after her. He thought, for a doctor she sure could move fast. Only five minutes away wasn't too bad. He caught up with her, only because she turned to stop for him. Once back with her Thomas kept the same pace as the "Doctor". Her words still played in her head though. "Just the Doctor" what does that mean? How is one just a doctor if they aren't a doctor of the medical field or some sort of subject.

"A private school, you say?" He brought up the academy again. "Which school? I attended a private school when I was in high school." He smiled trying to relate to this mysterious woman.
"Personally I didn't care much for private school, education was great but the strictness got to me after a while. Ya know?"

PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Nov 30 2014, 11:53 PM

Awards:

They had something in common! Well, in their dislike of school, that was. What were the odds he knew all the schools and all the cities around the world? She could tell the truth and he’d think it somewhere on Earth. “Oh, I went to the Prydonian Chapter Academy, at the Mount Cadon Campus. There were a few other campuses,” but she and her friends had ended up at that one. The Master, the Rani, the Monk, and the rest of them.

All gone now.

She shook off the thought, turned it into a statement, “I didn’t like it much, either. So stifling, the formal learning environment. I’ve learned so much more since I’ve left.” She spoke easily, despite the pace she was keeping. This was typical, of course, running. She always ran. “But it was what my father expected of me. Long family history.” Time Lords, all of them, so of course she was to be a Time Lord…Lady…whatever. Not that the Doctor would have chosen otherwise, but the expectations were so annoying.

“Here we are!” She came to a halt as the Square came into sight. The statue was still covered, but there was quite the crowd gathered already. “We must be early! How rare,” but she was pleased.

So since they had time, "Where did you go to school?"
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 12:10 AM

Awards:

Thomas looked around at the crowd which was still growing. The likely hood of him taking a few good pictures while he was in England was still alive. For such an event, he thought there would be more people even if they were early, but he digressed.

"Oh where I went? You probably never heard of it, its a school back in the States." He paused for a moment, recalling the name of the academy she spoke of. " The school's name was Archbishop Curley. Its a high school, been around since the 60's. It was a nice small school, compared to the other private high schools in Maryland. Kinda like the "underdog" of private schools actually." He chuckled a bit recalling his time at high school. He and his friends were never a serious bunch, always light-hearten. He missed those times. "What did you learn from The Prydonian Chapter Academ? It sounds really expensive" He remarked

Slowly but surely the crowd was growing in number, good thing they got there when they did. A second ago they wouldn't have such decent spots to view the statue. Thomas' mind raced trying to think of what sort of statue it was. Though the name was given "angel" it could be so much more. Maybe some sort of demon but meant to be observed as an angle.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 12:21 AM

Awards:

True, the Doctor had never heard of it. “Really need to spend more time in the States,” she said, more to herself than to Thomas. Her history of the States wasn’t nearly as good as her history of England. It must have been a Catholic school, though. She chuckled when he did, sharing in the joke of it being the ‘underdog’ school.

“Oh, what anyone learns I expect—math, history, quantum physics, and how to open dimensional rifts in space and time,” not a lie, but she made it sound like it was with her amused expression, “What else do we pay them such outrageous prices for, right?” She had learned all of those things, of course, the mundane and what those on earth would consider extraordinary. It was just normal for Time Ladies to learn such things, though. “Did your school teach you anything different? I’ve always wondered if private schools are honestly worth it,” she mused aloud.

Near the statue, people who looked important were starting to grow. The Doctor saw a man with a microphone joking with some people on a raised platform. The festivities would start soon, it seemed. The Doctor wondered if the man with the microphone was the sculptor. She couldn’t place him in history—this must not have become something like Michaelangelo’s David, but even the small things were good to see.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 07:13 PM

Awards:

"Learn anything different?" He repeated to himself. He thought about it for a brief moment watching the man with the microphone chuckle. The man was sort of big around the pants waist but wasn't over-weight by any means. He scanned the crowd, perhaps seeing how many people have shown up already.

"Well nothing out of the ordinary was taught, but I did learn a few skills. One being smuggling." He laughed. "There was this strict rule against chewing gum in the building. The teachers would crack down on us like cops who just caught some sort of criminal. Don't chew that!" he laughed again as he imitated a past teacher of his. "Throughout my time there I slowly learned how to smuggle gum around into my classes. I got a fair bit around without being caught." He smiled looking back at the "Doctor" I know its nothing exciting like what you probably learned." He remarked as the sound of a microphone echoed throughout the crowd
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 07:26 PM

Awards:

The Doctor laughed aloud at the idea of learning to smuggle in school, but she saw how it worked. “Such strange rules. Gum was banned?” She found that fascinating, that such an innocent substance was banned. “Oh, but that’s a very useful skill, smuggling. Sometimes you have to get things, and have to not be seen with it.”

She shared a story of her own. “I had a friend who used to smuggle in things, too. Rani, her name was,” her smile was wane. She hadn’t seen Rani in…well, centuries. Wasn’t even sure Rani had been alive during the Time War. “Well, not like you. She smuggled in things to experiment on. She got in trouble with the Lord Pres—er, the Dean—we called him the Lord President. Anyway, she got in trouble when one of her experiments got loose in his office.” It killed his pet, too. The Doctor was almost positive that hadn’t been an accident on Rani’s part, either.

There was a tapping, and the Doctor turned her head quickly to the stage.

The pudgy man wore a bright smile on his face as the crowd began to quiet. “Good afternoon, everyone!” He addressed the crowd. “Today you are gathered here to bear witness to the newest masterpiece that will remain in this square, to watch over all of us. A guardian angel. We have with us the creator, William Lindsey,” he motioned to a bespeckled man, who looked a bit nervous. He waved shyly. “Oh, come up here and say some things!”

And so the bespeckled man walked to the microphone, which was placed into his hands cheerfully by the other. “Um, hi,” he said, to a bit of laughter from the crowd. The Doctor wasn’t among the laughing, feeling a bit sad for the shy man forced into the spotlight, “Actually, I didn’t create the statue,” he said, a hand moving to brush back through thinning dark hair. “I found her, and I restored her. I think she was made, well, ages ago, before even the Romans found Britain,” he said, and there some of his passion for history could be seen. “Angels have always been here, and I thought the best thing to dedicate to England was a statue that proved that, so I did all I could to restore her.”

The Doctor suddenly wasn’t feeling so good anymore. It showed in the way her skin paled. Her two hearts raced, fearing now what was under that cloth, and wondering what methods the man had taken to ‘restore’ his beloved, ancient statue.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 08:12 PM

Awards:

As the tapping started, Thomas turned his focus towards the stage. Finally the stature was to be revealed. He stared straight ahead, along with the majority of the crowd around him. He could feel his heart beating a bit faster, why couldn't they get on with it? . People always talked too much before showing off something, Thomas believed its better to let the work speak for itself.
He was sure many people here would agree, just show the statue already. He didn't want to be mean to the speaker, Mr. Lindesy, but no one really came to hear him speak.

"Oh c'mon, show us already." Thomas spoke quietly out loud, tapping his right foot on the ground. Anticipation was kicking it, his patience was growing thin. Gripping his camera tight, he tried boosting himself a bit higher with his toes, though the statue still wasn't out from under the sheets yet.

"Let's see it!" A man shouted from the crowd. "Yeah, show us!" another voice cried out. Thomas looked around trying to find the sources of these cries, as he wanted to say something as well. The only thing holding him back from screaming was his tourist-ism. He was still new here, he had not known the area longer enough to feel comfortable to shout out loud. All he could do was wait along side the "Doctor"

" What do you think it looks like?" He turned to her.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 08:22 PM

Awards:

William laughed a little, “All right,” he consented with the demands of the crowd, and he walked to where the sheet was, taking hold of it.

It was then that the Doctor heard Thomas’s question. “A weeping angel,” she said with absolutely solemnity. She was not at all surprised, then, when the sheet was pulled off and the creature underneath was an angel with its head tilted up, but its eyes covered by its hands. No doubt, many would make a big to-do about its posturing.

Cameras clicked, and that clicked to mind the dangerous reality of pictures of weeping angels. “No, no, not good!” She had to put the sonic screwdriver in her pants pocket, an oddity since usually she had a coat or a shirt with a pocket. She took it out, “Don’t take a picture of it, Thomas,” she didn’t bother to explain right then, but lifted the screwdriver up to chest level and clicked through the settings, “Come on, come on,” oblivious then to the fact this was likely to weird out the man with her.

Finally, she heard results. A camera’s flash backfired and the camera sparked, fizzled, and died. Phones and other electronic devices nearby also began to sputter out and die.
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs