barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Doctor Who: Finding Gallifrey [Closed], The Doctor's Side
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 08:58 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

Around Thomas and the "Doctor" people started complaining about the sudden power lost of their devices. Some shouted out loud in confusion, others kept their frustration to themselves in a quiet ramble to someone close by. Thomas' eyes stared at the sight of the angle, how it hid its face. From an artist stand point the design, and sculpturing of the statue itself was prefect, it appeared to have taken a long time to create, if it wasn't a living creature.

Thomas quickly looked back at the doctor, holding a small wand like device. Confused by her orders, he looked down at the camera resting around his neck. He instantly checked the battery life, it was dead. Thomas turned his attention back to the "doctor".

"A weeping angle?" he repeated. "What is that? And what are you holding?" He followed up on, taking a step closer to her. "Why did my camera did all of the sudden?"

"Hey what's going on!?" The same male voice cried out, holding up his phone. "What is the funny idea here?" He questioned the men standing on the small stage near the angle. Other angered people focused back onto the stage, hoping for some sort of response from the people. Thomas kept his attention on the "doctor" .

"Hey "doctor"? What's happening?"

--------------------
Let's Make This Showy!
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 09:08 PM

Awards:

“What’s up there, is a weeping angel,” the Doctor said matter-of-factly. She held the sonic out for Thomas to see, “And this is a sonic screwdriver,” not that he’d even know what that was. So, with a flourish, she put the sonic screwdriver back into her pocket. She was going to need to get a coat. This pocket was not deep enough. Or a jacket. Something. “I killed your camera. It should be just fine when you change batteries, though, er,” she realized then one error. “I’m sorry.” Sincere. The Doctor often acted without thinking all things through.

Lives were on the line. “Your pictures will be gone.” Perhaps some had already been uploaded to a computer. Kids did that these days, right? With their twitter and their book of faces.

The microphones weren’t working. So, there was a shout of, “We don’t know!” from the plump man, who looked just as confused as everyone else.

The Doctor’s eyes narrowed on the statue and the activity up there. “I have to get rid of the statue,” more to herself than Thomas.

Ah, Thomas! The Doctor stepped back from him, “There’s an issue and it starts with that angel. It’s dangerous, and I need to figure out just what it’s doing here, and how to safely get rid of it.” Would Thomas buy it? That was always the questions with humans, whether or not they’d choose to trust her or not.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 09:26 PM

Awards:

Panic slowly started to fill the crowd, and Thomas could feel it. He stared at the "doctor " as she quickly named off the objects again.

"A sonic what?" He repeated watching her place it back in her pocket. A sonic thing and a weeping angle. These phrases kept playing in Thomas' head as he just stood there staring at the her. It was only when she said there was danger did his small trans break. What danger could a statue cause he thought, turning his head towards it. It still hid its face from the crowd.

"D-danger?" He looked back her, seeing the focus in her eyes. She meant it, or at the very least believed it. He took a deep breath and nodded to her. Accepting what she had said, basing it off the atmosphere of the crowd, Thomas agreed something wasn't right here. "Okay, I understand. But I want to help." He spoke firmly to her. "Can't let a lady handle danger alone, can I? What sort of gentleman would?" He asked offering her a small smile.

The crowd started to shuffle, people running around trying to get away from the statue, others standing still. Thomas looked at the crowd as its organization slowly lost form. The men on the stage, just as confused and panicked as those in the crowd Thomas looked at The Doctor. They had to do something quickly
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 09:35 PM

Awards:

The Doctor frowned at his words. She was only just a lady, and certainly not a helpless one, “Don’t…don’t do that,” nose wrinkled, “not a good look for you.” Underestimation looked bad on everyone. ‘Did I do that? Please tell me I didn’t do that.’ She’d have to make apologies if she had ever done that to one of her companions before. It didn’t feel good.

When the crowd started to shuffle, the Doctor looked around concerned about what caused panic. Anger he expected, more yelling and then a slow moving off in agitation, yes, but not this. He looked towards the statue and saw his answer there. Apparently there had been a moment when everyone looked away, for the hands of the statue had moved down.

That was enough to cause a panic.

William was running. The Doctor made a split-second decision and decided to pursue the ‘sculptor’ for information. “Come on then, Thomas!” She called back as she ran after the man, through the hoard of others running away. She called to the plump man, “Keep looking at it!” As a suggestion, off-handed though it was, she hoped the man was paralyzed enough with fear to heed it.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:39 PM

Awards:

Thomas nodded and started off running close behind her. The crowd dispersing around the two made it a bit difficult to follow her exact movements. Thinking on his feet Thomas, avoided as many people as he could and resorted to shoving others to the side when needed. Man she was fast.

"Hey Doctor!" He called out towards her, only a few feet away. He called out loud enough for her to hear him. "where are we going exactly?" He asked but she was too far to hear that question. He hurried up, picking up speed a bit, but still trying to hold onto his stuff. "Doctor!" he called out only to realize the man who held the microphone earlier was running as well. William was who she was after.

Thomas changed targets in a second, as he hauled towards the stage. Once there, with a small jump he climbed on top. Watching the man still running, Thomas threw his bags onto the stage, calling out: "hey stop!" He started to chase after him, now a bit quicker then before. William had a head start, Thomas would have to go a decent speed to catch him.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:52 PM

Awards:

The blood was pounding in her ears as she ran after William, who was not nearly as slow as his bespeckled and slim frame suggested. “Get back—augh!” The Doctor groaned as he took a corner into an alley. Then, she noticed Thomas starting to get closer. She motioned, “That way! Just follow him, I have an idea!”

She knew this town. She could cut William off through shortcuts, and if Thomas was right behind him, then William wouldn’t be able to just turn around and run off.

Cutting through alleys and streets, the Doctor managed to estimate correctly the way that William would go. Fortunately, William also seemed quite worn when he came to a halt before running into the Doctor. "Hey, now, would you please--," William turned right around, intending to run off in the opposite direction.

The Doctor rolled her blue eyes at William's action.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 04:59 PM

Awards:

Thomas kept his faster pace up going after William, but he shoes weren't working with him. He could feel the frustration the muscles in his feet were feeling as he pushed harder trying to run in the docker-style shoes. "Why couldn't I have worn my Nike's!" Thomas groaned as the two entered an alley. This was good, within the closed space of the walls William couldn't make any last minute escape plans. It was now his best chance to catch up with the man.

"C'mon!" Thomas shouted out loud for himself, trying to conjure the strength to run just bit faster. If it was during his high school year, he could easily catch William. Freshmen year, he ran track and then the next year he did cross-country. Of course he was younger, but not that much younger. He couldn't help but think he really got out of shape just in a short few years watching the small distance between the two increase.

The end of the alley was coming soon, William had the lead still. Thomas kept trying his hardest to close the gape between them. Sweat quickly ran down his face, making his vision blurry.
"Just stop!" this didn't work. William didn't even bother to look at him as Thomas shouted.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 3 2014, 10:16 AM

Awards:

Fortunately, Thomas was near enough that when William turned around and ran back, he was cut off. With his two options to run suddenly lost, he darted back to the spot between the two individuals glanced around, seeking an alternative. “What do you want?” He tried to speak with authority, but it couldn’t overcome his nervousness.

The Doctor answered, “I want to know why you put that creature out in the Square, William.” Perhaps William was under threat? She knew Weeping Angels could be intimidating.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I didn’t—I ran because it moved.”

The Doctor didn’t mask her exasperation as she said, “You said you restored it, and we both know there’s only one way to do that, and that’s by offering it lifeforms so it can feed on their time energy when it sends them back into time.” William looked a bit confused, but there was still some understanding. No doubt, he didn’t know what happened when a Weeping Angel touched a human, not in the details, anyway, “Now why?”
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 3 2014, 04:44 PM

Awards:

As William stopped moving, so did Thomas. Good thing too, he was growing more tired by the second. Taking this time, he bent over bracing himself with his knees as his head hung down. In and out he breathed trying to catch the air he expelled from his body in the pursuit. He lifted his head up after a few moments of breathing heavy. It was then when he heard the word, "lifeforms". His eyebrow rose as he did back to a standing position.

"Doctor, what do you mean by offering lifeforms?" Thomas pondered to her as he took a step closer to the two. She couldn't be serious, could she? He had noticed she wasn't the most normal of people but this just sounded crazy to him. When Thomas was younger, all he did was fantasize about the unknown, what was to be discovered. Aliens, other planets, all that a young kid, early teen would, but now he was grown up. Things like "ufo" sightings weren't as interesting to him. There were few reports of different sorts of invasions and such in England but he never believed it.

Going to speak against the Doctor Thomas looked at William's face. There wasn't any denial really there when the she spoke about the statue. He acted like he didn't know but he wasn't trying to hid his guilty face. Thomas stopped in his tracks, waiting for William to bark some rebuttal.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 03:43 PM

Awards:

The Doctor meant exactly what she’d said, but she elaborated, “I mean that William surrendered living people, or maybe cats, or dogs—it’s not good either way—to the weeping angel. The weeping angel—”

“How do you know about them?” William interrupted, and there was hope there.

The Doctor looked puzzled by the way the question was asked. “I’m the Doctor. I know everything. Well, most everything,” nearly everything. Almost everything. A lot. “Why did you do it, William?” She made her accusation gentle, another realization coming to her. Humans were foolish, and easy to intimidate and manipulate.

William looked back to Thomas, seeming to ask if he should really be there, “Oh, let him,” the Doctor answered the unasked. “It’s good for others to know about what goes on in this world.” There was so much that people didn’t know or understand.

William spoke quickly, “She—the angel—I did find her in terrible condition. I was going to leave her there since the work would have been too much, but she spoke…,” his back had been turned then. “She sent my girlfriend away, and she looked better. She demanded…demanded I put her in a place where people would be, and she’d sent me back to where my girlfriend was.” He sounded desperate. The Doctor could understand. She had watched Amy make a similar gamble, but she hadn’t risked any other lives.

Just her own.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 08:41 PM

Awards:

Thomas finally caught his breath back as The Doctor kept questioning the poor man. The facial expressions he made were sincere. Thomas recognized the grief on his face. He couldn't help but feel for William, personally Thomas has never dated a girl longer enough to be that concerned if she was gone, but time travel? It is just a statue, right? How could it send someone back in time? Maybe he wasn't sure what he saw, perhaps it just took her. But again, that's just going off the idea that it could move. Thomas was still un-sure about that.

"Hey, wait." Thomas held his hand out towards the two, his left hand still by his side. "Why do you say it's weeping? Statues don't cry? And how could it send someone in time?" He asked more towards the Doctor. If anyone knew what was going on, it was most likely her. If the statue could move, what would that mean for those who remained at the Square with it? There were too many questions running through his head.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 03:27 PM

Awards:

The Doctor thought of how best to explain, “Well, they go by many names. The Lonely Assassin is actually the more popular name, since only you earthlings and a few other species believe in angels. It’s more common in the future to hear them referred to as Weeping Angels,” when humanity had advanced and entered into the universal game. “And they don’t cry. Well, maybe they do. They cover their eyes and it appears that they’re weeping—that’s how they get the name. Their disguise, but most the time they’re smiling.”

The Doctor couldn’t prove it, but it was her deep suspicion. “It sends people in time because that’s what it eats. The person’s potential life. The only way to feast on that is to remove the person from the time they’re in, and well, you know how every creature is adapted so it can survive, right? The Angels are adapted to send people back in time, so that they can feast on their potential life. Kindest way to kill someone, really. Oh!” A greater explanation was probably needed now that she’d just rattled off all of this. She offered her hand to Thomas, “I’m the Doctor, I’m from the planet Gallifrey, and I’m a Time Lo—Lady. I travel in time and space, too.”

“Doctor, shouldn’t we—”

“Oh, it probably hasn’t moved, not much, not in such a public space. I hope.” But the man had a point. With this official introduction given, it was probably time to get back to the matter at hand. “We’re going to need mirrors….”
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 08:13 PM

Awards:

"Time Lady?" He repeated as he grabbed her smaller hand. Was she for real? I alien traveling through time? Was this possible? Thomas looked over at William as he tried to conjure a rebuttal.
"Okay, mirrors you say. Why mirrors are they afraid of their own reflections?" Thomas pondered as he pulled away his hand. A statue alien, or maybe a alien that just used the appearance of a statue, who would have thought!

He looked back at William, seeing some sort of worry on his face. "Wait." Thomas stopped moving. "Do you know of her? " He refereed back to the Doctor. "Am I the only one who isn't up to date with her?" Thomas noticed how unfazed William was about the whole, " ’I'm from the planet Gallifrey," . He couldn't help but feel a bit cheated, considering he has been talking with this woman for about an hour now and all of the sudden this surfaces.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 13 2014, 10:29 PM

Awards:

The Doctor and Thomas shook, and she smiled as he repeated ‘Time Lady’. Yes, that was her now. “Well, sort of. In a sense. You see, they cover their eyes in imitation of weeping because,” hands dropped, hers fell back to her side and she started to walk back the way they’d come, trying to figure out where they could get mirrors all the while.

William, who heard Thomas’s question, just nodded. He had heard of the Doctor, but hadn’t believed what was heard.

He had also heard that the Doctor was, well, male. Not female. He’d disbelief this figure was the Doctor, but the knowledge that escaped so casually from her told him otherwise. This was definitely the Doctor. “if they look at another of their kind, or if they look at their own reflection, they’ll be trapped—unable to move. If anyone is looking at them, they can’t move. Great defense system, but not all that good for mobility. If we could set up some mirrors in strategic locations around the Square, the weeping angel would be rendered harmless, unable to move!”

Though there was still the problem with it holding the image of the weeping angel. “That ought to give us enough time to find something to do with the angel. See—oh, of course!” They had returned to the Square. The angel wasn’t there. “He had to blink!” The Doctor just assumed that’s what the man she’d told to watch the angel had done. “Now we have to find it.”
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 11:43 AM

Awards:

"Find it?" Thomas repeated looking around the square for his camera and bag. It wasn't anywhere to be found. He sighed but didn't have much time to really mourn his lost camera.
"Doctor how are we suppose to find something like that?" He asked turning to her. "And its called an "Angel" , so can it fly?" He pondered to the woman.

Thomas kept looking around the now empty square. It was quiet and almost surreal. So many people once filled this area, a place he had never visited before, now just empty besides The Doctor, Mr.William and himself. How could one statue cause a crowd to disperse so quickly? Thomas couldn't help but wonder what would happen if the statue grabbed someone. The Doctor and William spoke about how it sucked life from people was that from contact or was there another way? Even if they found it, they would need to constantly stare at it. Everyone blinks, it sound impossible to find this thing.

PMAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs