barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Doctor Who: Finding Gallifrey [Closed], The Doctor's Side
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 01:32 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

“Yes, find it, it obviously isn’t here any longer,” the Doctor stated. But where would it go? The Doctor understood it wanted energy, at least, if William was telling the truth. Even so, they didn’t need all that much to--, “Oh,” she slapped her own forehead. Of course. The angel was going to go create others. Excess energy had been used that way in New York, they’d try to do the same thing here in London, too.

Thomas’s question registered, and she laughed a little, “No, no, they can’t fly.” It wouldn’t work out well. If a bird so much as laid its eyes on it, the angel would fall right to the ground. It wouldn’t hurt, but it’d certainly be frustrating. They tended to prefer staying out of sight. The air put them into sight. “At least, I’ve never seen one fly.” Of course, she’d never seen one move at all.

She noted a woman move into the area, and then start to turn away, no doubt sensing the tension in the air. “Wait, wait!” The Doctor called. Fortunately, the woman did, and the Doctor asked, “Have you seen an angel statue? Or any strangely positioned statues?” An eyebrow was arched. The Doctor decided on a lie rather than the truth, “There’s a statue thief. I’m on the case. The statue that was supposed to be unveiled here was missing when the curtain was removed.” She motioned back towards the pedestal.

“Well, there was a lion statue missing at the library,” she answered, clearly finding the situation odd.

The Doctor smiled. “Excellent! Thank you!” She looked over her shoulder towards Thomas and William. “You, William, go find mirrors and I’ll be back to meet you. Thomas, come with me, I think we ought to try and figure out the trail.” And then the Doctor was off. The woman didn’t remain in the Square, but left in the opposite direction.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 01:47 PM

Awards:

Thomas watched as the other woman entered the Square. She appeared as if she was looking for something, but there was a sense of innocence around her. Thomas shoo his head and followed the Doctor away from the Square. Thomas started to think again, if it didn't fly how fast could it move? It didn't have legs or maybe the legs were just hidden. All of this was so confusing to the male.

"Okay Doctor how do we go about finding the trail?" He asked following behind her. "Does it leave any physical evidence behind that we can track?" He followed up on. If there was a trail like the Doctor said they would be able to see it right? "Have you caught these things before?" Thomas looked around as they kept moving. Maybe she had some sort of radar to track them, nothing at this point would really surprise him.

--------------------
Let's Make This Showy!
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 12:33 AM

Awards:

“Usually, no,” the Doctor answered Thomas as she kept a slight lead over him, dashing back into the main streets and taking the sidewalk towards the library, darting around confused citizens and answering back, “But this one seems to want to make London into New York. Er. A New York that never was. Long story.” Long story involving paradoxes and lost friends. “And that gives us one distinct advantage, because that takes time, and that leaves a trail.” Into the alley by the library, around the back and the Doctor smirked as her eyes fell upon the now-winged lion. It was undergoing its transformation into a ‘cherub’, as the Doctor had taken to calling the infant weeping angels. “They can’t reproduce normally,” she said as she approached the infant, “but they can cause other statues to become like them. Not really sure how. The Statue of Liberty used to be one.”

The lion couldn’t continue its transformation under the gaze of the Doctor, and she was careful not to remove it, blinking one eye at a time as she walked closer. “I don’t really catch them. Or rather, I never considered it. There aren’t too many places I could take them to that would be safe, but now that you mention it, perhaps….” There were a few places with rifts and such from whence the angels could feed without killing anyone. Would this angel be amicable to the idea? That would be difficult to arrange, but the Doctor imagined it a possibility. “You have a phone, don’t you?” Most humans had phones. “If the angel will be reasonable, we might be able to get it to agree, but it can’t talk to us while we’re looking at it,” and the Doctor didn’t want to be close enough that it could just tap her and send her back into time. She’d rather have some distance between them. A phone could help with just that dilemma.

‘But taking it to the TARDIS isn’t safe…’
The angels usually wanted to steal her TARDIS. ‘Just take the xhinn’s advice.’ But the Doctor mentally pushed that thought back. The xhinn was probably lying anyway about the angels being vulnerable when not seen.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 06:05 PM

Awards:

"Time, how much do we ...have...?' Thomas' words slowly trailed off at the sight of the small lion. He had been listening to the doctor until the small statue was moving right in front of the two. Surprise by the statue kept turning back to the Doctor to see her almost killing stare. "She isn't blinking" he thought to himself watching. Thomas couldn't help but wonder, how they were going to deal with one in front of them. Though the first was still at large, it wasn't this close to harm them. The lion is right there!

Was there any way to avoid this? Does every next few moves matter? It is just a statue! His thoughts ran fast, as sweat slowly dropped from his face. Could it be smashed, was that an option? Thomas kept turning to the Doctor wondering how she was calm about this? She had seen worse than this, or she implies. Still he had no proof of anything she was saying, she even stated the angels don't move when seen so how could there be proof?

"You have a phone, don't you?"
The doctor spoke to him, kicking him out of his self induced trans over the statue. Shaking his head Thomas slide his hand into his right pocket. Pulling out a shinny sleek, smart phone Thomas checked the time by clicking the locking button on the top right corner.
"Yeah, I have a phone. It isn't anything special." he noted holding it out towards her.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 20 2014, 07:46 PM

Awards:

The Doctor had a way of getting people to trust her. This seemed to transcend gender, which was fortunate. The Doctor was relieved as the phone was offered out. She reached for it, felt it out more than saw it. Her eyes wouldn’t leave the lion. It was just a risk that couldn’t be taken.

“Doesn’t need to be anything special. It’s our only way of contacting the angel.”

The Doctor put in a number to a phone Martha had given her. She hadn’t heard from Martha in a while, but somehow, she didn’t expect to. Martha knew that the man she knew, the Doctor in the brown coat, was gone. It was as much a death to Martha as it had been to the Doctor herself. “It should know where mommy is,” she said as she inserted the number and then walked forward and set it in front of lion. “Take this to your creator. I know you can find her. Tell her there are other options besides Earth, better ways to survive than this, and tell her to call me. Tell her it’s the Doctor.” Though that might persuade the angel against it, it was always worth a shot.

The Vashta Nerada had trusted the Doctor as true to her word.

The Doctor motioned to Thomas to follow her, walking backwards with plans to turn a corner and let the creature leave her sight. “I’ll buy you a new phone,” she said as an afterthought.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 21 2014, 04:45 PM

Awards:

Thomas watched as the Doctor moved to the lion speaking to it. Did she really thinking this would work? Reasoning with other species like yourself is understandable, but something no one fully understood that was another. Thomas placed his hand in his right pocket waiting for some sort of results. As the Doctor rose, he rose an eye brow watching her back up. Following the simple instructions he moved with her, keeping his eyes on the lion as long as he possible could before turning the corner.

"You can buy me another?" He looked over at the Doctor. It was hard to believe someone like her wouldn't have some sort currency. Well would it be human currency, or some sort of alien currency? Was she lying? Or maybe would it be better to assume she didn't? Thomas shook his head thinking about it. It wasn't the best idea to question too much right. She was a wide card to say the least. The best ideal situation she would get him something better then his old phone. " If you had to put a percentage on this, what are the chances it will work?" Thomas asked.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 21 2014, 05:39 PM

Awards:

Of course she could get him a new phone. Acquiring such a thing would not be difficult at all. It was clear Thomas was thinking quite a bit, though the Doctor would have been surprised how many of those thoughts were wondering about the phone. Once she turned a corner, she answered in the affirmative, “Yes, I can get you a new one.” He came around the corner then, as well.

The lion didn’t join them.

“Odds are not good.” The Doctor answered Thomas honestly. She considered saying that the second part of her plan was tracing the phone to find the creator angel and that should somehow go over better. She walked a few paces forward and glanced around the corner to see both lion and phone were gone. “The angels can be jerks,” he remembered Angel Bob too well. “But there’s always a chance, so we have to at least give them a chance. Maybe they don’t just want to ruin people’s lives. Maybe they would like an easy way to live.” She was not convincing herself very well. “But, just in case,” the Doctor turned right back around and started walking, “Mirrors will be useful!” She could still try to set up a trap before the angel called. Hopefully. “I’m sorry about getting you involved in this, Thomas,” she said.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 21 2014, 11:24 PM

Awards:

She was sorry? Sorry for what? He still might have seen the angel if he made it there to the square on time. Thomas felt as if she didn't need to apologize for anything. He had always wanted to see things different, life was too boring . Yes this could be highly dangerous, he could die by the sounding of this whole situation but he wasn't bothered by it.

"No no, it's fine." Thomas smiled moving with the Doctor. "Odds may not be good, but I like those odds." He added on. He was excited for this whole thing. It was like something out of a movie, chasing down something surreal. It was liberating, and Thomas would admit it in a heart beat.

Thomas noticed she kept mentioning mirrors. It made sense if vision was key to their movement. Where could they get mirrors though? How many would they need? Thomas turned his back scanning the area they were now in. Hopefully some sort of small store, or shop would have something of substance. There it hit him, a shop not too far sold small mirrors, but then William came back to mind. He was instructed to get some mirrors, but who would know how long that would take.

Pointing down the side walk, with his right hand with pointer finger. "Down that!" He spoke to her. " We can always get a free small mirrors, William still hasn't returned." Thomas pointed out to her. " How big do the mirrors have to be?"
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 31 2014, 09:12 PM

Awards:

“The mirrors don’t have to be big,” the Doctor answered, following the direction that Thomas gave, “they’re hopefully a last resort. I’m not really sure they’ll work. You see, an image of a weeping angel becomes a weeping angel, but, if that angel is staring at another angel, it should cause them both to be frozen. I hope.” If the mirror was ever moved, would the angel’s image hold? Would that angel then get out?

Things to worry about later. “Still, it should work. I would have liked to get enough to fill the Square, put them up high, surround the angel so she could remain safely on that pedestal.” That might still be possible, if it was necessary.

The Doctor walked down and into the store where Thomas mentioned mirrors could be gotten, but then looked around in confusion, not sure where these mirrors were. She looked to Thomas, expressing her confusion with her expression.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 10:24 AM

Awards:

Thomas ran into the store behind the Doctor. He entered awkwardly nodding to the cashier on duty at the moment. Looking towards the Doctor Thomas could almost feel the confusion gleaming in her eyes. Thomas shook his head looking around the store, this was a bit bigger than previous stores he has been in. The store it self was similar to a convenient store brand Thomas knew back in the Untied States.

"It would be down a different aisle." He spoke to her, trying to defuse her confusion. Thomas looked up at the signs hanging above the store. Closer to the back hung a sign reading,"House Hold Items" . "There." Thomas pointed out the aisle, and started to somewhat run towards it. He didn't want to full-on sprint towards it inside this store but taking his time wasn't ideal either. People watched as Thomas quickly moved down and through the store, some gave confused and hostile stares to him.

Once at the aisle Thomas stopped. The aisle was filled with all sorts of house items: lamps, frames, etc. But at the end of the aisle mirrors were store. Thomas smiled running down to them, almost like a small child running down the toy aisle. He stopped as the shelf started to hold mirrors. They weren't small, but weren't man-size either. Some laid horizontal on the shelves, some longer than others.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 4 2015, 06:00 AM

Awards:

The Doctor understood this idea of aisles, but having never lived in a human home (not really) she wasn’t sure where to locate mirrors. When Thomas pointed towards ‘House Hold Items’ she arched an eyebrow, “Really?” escaped. She could think of a thousand other things to put in that aisle.

But, who was she to question the logic of humans? Whatever helped them find what they needed! The Doctor followed after Thomas for once, finding the change actually amusing in spite of the situation they were in. He was even getting the hang of this running thing, as he broke into a run once they were in the aisle and saw the mirrors. “Excellent!” She exclaimed, and was about to pick one up when that phone rang. “Just a tick,” and she spun around and took the phone into her hand, answered it, “Hello~o,” there was a lilt to it that made it sing-song.

A voice spoke on the other line, male. It intrigued her that the angels she’d spoken to had male voices, but always looked female. “Yes, this is the Doctor. Regenerated, I’m sure you know enough about Time Ladies to know this is possible.” She listened, nodded, “Yes, I know plenty of places with rifts, energy you could feed off of so you can…do Weeping Angels have hobbies, actually?”

The response was annoyed, “Had to ask, had to ask, I mean, you can’t be seen. Right then. You can meet myself and Thomas at the Square you abandoned earlier. Sound good?”

It did, apparently. The Weeping Angel hung up without a goodbye. “Rude.”
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Jan 4 2015, 10:40 AM

Awards:

Thomas stood still as he heard the phone begin to ring. He turned watching the Doctor pick it up with a friendly gesture, "Hello~o". Thomas found the greeting a bit off putting. Thomas watched as she kept a calm face speaking to something unknown to him for the moment until she mentioned the angels. Was this common between aliens? Calling each other like this? Thomas tried to pay no attention to the Doctor's conversation.

Thomas waited fully until she was done speaking to talk to her. As he waited he checked the prices of some of the mirrors by looking at the stickers on the back on them. None of them were too expensive. Thomas did the math within his head. He could buy at least three without going broke. However the Doctor wanted much more then three. Thomas turned back to the Doctor as she hung up on her side.

"Did you just make a date with something that could kill us?"
PMAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs