barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Master Plan! (Doctor Who Roleplay) [Closed], Doctor Who rp, Master's story.
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 05:25 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

"Well if you phrase it like that, the only reasonable question to ask in return is, "What things are important?" Domitian proposed back to Ava as the two walked down the street. He kept both hands in his pockets following her. Typically after regeneration a time-lord could experience any sort of after-effect. These ranged from fusion, erratic behaviour, extended periods of unconsciousness, memory loss to Motor control being impaired. Sometimes even prolonged hunger. "The café sounds like a good start." He added.

Along the windows, and walls of buildings the two passed were short posters speaking about a statue. Some sort of unveiling in Trafalgar Square today. Domitian made mental notes of these posters as they passed by them. Soon they passed by the small clothing store that he received his new attire from. The door was crossed off by yellow tape, as a few officers of the law stood inside the store. All wearing bright yellow jackets with a black bar across the back that read, "Police" in white lettering. The officers stood around the limp body on the floor, checking for any clues around the body or something. Passing by the store caused another smirk to form on his face.

--------------------
Let's Make This Showy!
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 3 2014, 10:28 AM

Awards:

Ava knew which things were important to her. The café, of course, but also the grocery stores, the bus stations, the library, the local theaters, the clothing store, and a few other places. Others didn’t find all of those things to be important. Others needed to know where gas stations were for their cars, and she was thinking the man still needed to know where a hospital was, or perhaps a motel. Then he might need to know where apartments were, or perhaps the airport….

Of course, as she thought of it and was about to point it out one of the clothing stores she liked, she saw the activity around it. “Wonder what happened….” She spoke to herself, though glanced at him to see that smirk still on his lips. She frowned, shook her head. “Well, that was one important place, but you’ll probably have to get clothes from elsewhere now.” If only because the place might now be going out of business. Shame, really. They had such nice things.

Into the café, she walked right to the counter and the familiar brown-eyed barista greeted her, “Hey, what happened over there?” Ava thumbed her finger towards the store across the way.

The man shook his head, “No clue,” he answered, “Just that the guy got murdered. Don’t know why….” He’d never done anything that the barista could think of to earn death, but then again, he didn’t know much about him. “I’ll let ya know when I know something,” he stated, asked, “till then, what can I get you?”

“Chai tea, please, and my,” friend wasn’t the right word, “acquaintance might like something,” she made a motion to Domitian and the barista looked to him expectantly.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 3 2014, 04:27 PM

Awards:

Domitian stared ahead at the menu hanging above the barista. From Frozen blends, to casual black coffee the menu listed almost anything a typically customer would want. Sadly he didn't know any of these, at least didn't know any too well. Domitian previously, as The Mistress did try black coffee. It was good, hot but good. Placing his right hand on his chin as be scanned the menu a second time, Domitian's stomach rumbled loud.

Looking down at his stomach then back up at the man , still waiting for him to make a decision. "I guess I'll go with something simple, a ice latte?" He spoke slowly, almost unsure if he was pronouncing it correctly or not. He turned to Ava. "I don't want to cost you anything expensive so that is all I'll take." It was true to a degree, he didn't want to make her spend too much because he wasn't sure how much she could really spend. While still in thought his stomach rumbled again.

A bit annoyed with his growing hunger, he muttered under his breath," I wonder if the Doctor was ever this hungry.." He shook his head as he looked at the barista again. "That will be all from me"
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 03:58 PM

Awards:

Domitian looked at the menu almost as if he didn’t know anything. ‘Not a fan?’ Ava knew there were still some people out there who didn’t know what a simple mocha was. However, Domitian didn’t go with anything ordinary—not a black coffee or a tea, but an iced latte.

“Sure,” the barista answered and added the information to Ava’s tally.

“I appreciate that,” Ava commented when he mentioned expenses. It was something she needed to keep track of more carefully. She offered her card to the barista and it was taken, charged, and returned to her. She tucked it back into her messenger bag and stepped aside so she wouldn’t be in the way of anyone else needing to order, though there didn’t appear to be any line.

Domitian muttered something under his breath, but Ava only caught the word ‘hungry’. She wanted to go ahead and offer to get him food, but opted not to. He had the opportunity. They’d go by a grocery store anyway. There’d be a deli if he really needed food.

Their drinks were soon offered over, and Ava took hers, then asked Domitian, “What part of town do you need to know, by the way?” She realized she could show him plenty of grocery stores and such in this area, but it wasn’t going to help him much if he was staying much further away. ‘Of course, this is assuming he is staying anywhere….’ Ava had her doubts. This area would probably be as good as any, once he got set up in a hotel or something.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 09:39 PM

Awards:

Domitian took his drink slowly latte from the counter grabbing it from the bottom. With a semi-tight grip with his left hand he took a sip. The nice cold liquid traveled down his throat. With his eyes closed, he moved the cup away from his lips letting out a small moan of relief. The cold liquid refreshed he quite dried throat. He looked back over at Ava as she started to question him.

Where would he say he needed to go? Where would she believe? Simply ignoring the question for now, he started to sip on his latte more taking bigger and bigger sips until the cup was almost half empty. Again he slowly moved it from his lips, with a slight smirk. His upper lip was covered in a foamy bar of the latte.

"This is a nice area, besides that small shop a few buildings away. " Refereeing to the clothing store. " I wouldn't mind learning more about here. Not sure why, but I feel as if this is a new home for me. " Considering his home planet was stuck outside of time, this was the next best thing. "If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?"
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 03:37 PM

Awards:

‘Well, if you like it that much.’ Domitian’s reaction to the cold drink was amusing in its clear sincerity. For all the mystery about the stranger she’d named like some pet, at least some things seemed honest.

As expected, he didn’t have an idea of where to be. He settled on this area, and Ava laughed, not at him though it certainly wasn’t with him.

Well, maybe a bit at him. He had a foam mustache.

“You’ve hardly seen anything,” she chastised, as if he needed to see more before making such a decision as to where to stay. Even so, she said, “I live just a couple of blocks from here,” it made walking to places like this café easier, and was certainly why she spoke with familiarity to the barista. “In an apartment complex. Good location, but pricey,” because of course it was considering how nice it was, the location, and everything else. “There are a few others around this area that aren’t too expensive, and the buses around here run pretty regularly, so it isn’t terrible if you live further out.”

A sip of chai followed, and then she stepped towards the door, “I suppose if you are set on this area, I may as well show you the other places nearby, the bus station, and the places where you can live, though you’ll probably have to stay in a hotel tonight,” such short notice never worked in her favor when moving.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 07:53 PM

Awards:

"Oh I've seen many things" His voice rose when he said "many". It was true, he had seen farther then she could every imagine. He traveled the universe on multiple task after his friend. He followed her outside the small cafe. Domitian smirked to himself as the pair stepped outside. Lifting his left hand up, he looked down at his palm. The wrinkles were starting to form, adding more lines than needed. "I wonder.." He spoke as he stared recalling the times he could shoot bio-electric blasts from his hands. It was only possible after surviving a near regeneration experience with his wife Lucy and the Disciples of Saxon. This time he was regenerated but maybe the ability still laid within him.

"I think it's time I show you something, as it is only fair." He looked over towards Ava .
"It's not something I can show just anyone."
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 13 2014, 10:24 PM

Awards:

Dominick certainly didn’t like being told he hadn’t seen much. ‘Well, if you’re a traveler,’ which seemed likely, despite how disoriented he had been. So, Ava chose not to argue with him, even if she could qualify her statement. A simple smile and an ‘as you say’ shrug let him know that if this was what he wanted, this was what he’d have. If he didn’t like it, then that was his fault.

Out they went, and she decided the bus station would be best. He’d need a pass if they were going to see much of the town. ‘Does he have money?’ Ava paused on the sidewalk and turned to ask him that, but she was greeted by his own statement. “You don’t have any idea how suspicious that statement of yours sounds, do you?” Or perhaps it just sounded suspicious to her. ‘Especially considering I haven’t shown you anything but a café.’ Nope, suspicious.

Even so, she considered, and decided on a plan that would at least please her, “Can you show me after one stop?” ‘If I’m going to get in trouble, it might as well be after I’ve taken care of business.’ “I need to swing by the library. It isn’t far, and then I’ll go see this…thing of yours.” Her expression was torn between interest and wariness. “Unless this thing of yours is time sensitive?” She really should ask what it was, but had a feeling it would be a ‘surprise’.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 12:10 PM

Awards:

Domitian listened to her offer quietly. Nodding as she finished speaking he smirked, recalling the posters about Trafalgar Square. He looked at the bus sign across the street, and came up with his response.

"One stop sounds agreeable but, I have a question. There is a bus stop sign over there, is there a wall I could go to Trafalgar Square by taking a bus?" He asked honestly. He looked at, still thinking in his twisted mind and smirked again. Without letting her consider an response he added on. "On second thought, how about this. You run to the library take care of any business you have there. Then when you are finished we shall meet at Trafalgar Square. Sounds simple enough correct?" He watched as the woman's face was puzzled by his words but again didn't let her speak. He simply started to walk off down the street.

After a few moments, making sure Ava had left already for the library, he returned back to the clothing store from his earlier encounter. The police officers were now outside the store taking over the phone with other officers Domitian slipped into the building again. Quickly searching through the body, grabbing a small brown leather wallet. Once he had that he exited through the back and waited in the ally. Luckily the shop owner was a bus taker, and now was Domitian. Next he stopped at the bus station, and found a bus to the square.

A short bus ride later he arrived . He looked in awe as a small crowd was still at the Square, almost frozen in fear of what the statue was. One man stood on the stage staring as hard as he could. Domitian slowly approached the stage, noticing two bags, grabbing them he placed them over his shoulder. He walked towards the man, staring at the angel.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked as his eyes were now fixed on the angel. So this is a weeping angel, more beautiful in person than I thought. "Sir you look tired go, I will watch this for you." With those words the man slowly backed up and quickly ran. Though there was a small crowd still, it was just Domitian and the angel on the stage. "You being here tells me one thing. One very Important thing, he is here. And I thank you for this small bit of information my friend. " As he spoke he slowly backed up, his eyes still fixed on it. "I don't know you, and you don't know me but I think we can help each other. I will turn away so You may move, and you already helped me." He smiled backing further away. "Thank you" He quickly turned the corner
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 01:33 PM

Awards:

Ava was able to nod to Domitian’s query—there was pretty much a way anywhere via bus. She wasn’t able to explain which bus he’d need, though, before he continued speaking. She was puzzled by his statement, though it cleared up quickly. He must have wanted to see the statue. It seemed she didn’t get a say, though. Already he was walking off.

She could shout after him, but instead she put a hand on her hip and observed him leave for a few seconds. Then, she sighed and shook her head. ‘Yeah, see if I go to the Square.’ He was baffling. Absolutely, 100% baffling. “All right~,” it was said more to herself with a sing-songing lilt before she turned on her own way to the library.

The walk managed to clear up some of her mood so that when she entered, she was able to put on a more sincere smile and seek out the librarian who was usually willing to help her out on these things. It didn’t take long. She gave the dark-skinned woman a smile as she approached, “Hello, Laura,” she greeted, crossing her arms over the counter, “How are you?”

“I’m good,” she answered, looking away from her computer screen. “What do you need?” For Ava always needed something when she came here.

The hint of accusation was not lost on Ava, but ignored, “Information on mental illnesses, particularly bipolar, manic depression, and paranoia.” Laura arched an eyebrow. “It’s for a role, I’m playing a woman who’s unstable and unfortunately, not treating it.” Yay for the glorious way in which mental illness were viewed in society. “Think you can help?”

“Yes,” she answered. It did give her a break from simple cataloguing chores, which got tiresome real fast. “You’ll be back this afternoon?”

“Or tomorrow.” She then reached into her messenger bag and pulled out her library card, “Here you are.” The information would be used to hold the books until Ava returned. Laura took the information down, then slid the card back to Ava. Ava put it back in her bag. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” not that Laura had much of a choice, it was her job after all. Help clients find books. “I’ll see you soon.” And with that, she exited the library, still with half of her chai left. She did debate for a moment actually heading to the Square, and stood on the steps as she considered. It was oddly vacant outside, moreso than when she had entered. She glanced around, eyes pausing for a moment on one of the two lions outside the library. Or rather, on where one should have been. ‘Was it gone when I showed up?’ Must have been, she reasoned. Perhaps it needed restoration. A glance at the other and she frowned. ‘They both need restoration.’ Perhaps the library could only afford to restore one.

She shook her head to dismiss the thought, and walked on, deciding she would go to the Square. Curiosity was always a vice. She turned towards the Square and when she arrived, found it mostly empty. Domitian certainly wasn’t there. The crowd that should have been still milling about after the unveiling wasn’t there, and the pedestal on which the statue should have been also wasn’t there.

‘Ok, this was a bad idea.’
Just the feeling in the air. Ava turned to leave but someone shouted at her.

“Wait, wait!”

Ava glanced back towards the woman, who had rushed over to where she was. “Have you seen an angel statue? Or any strangely positioned statues?” At her arched eyebrow, the woman said, “There’s a statue thief. I’m on the case. The statue that was supposed to be unveiled here was missing when the curtain was removed.” She motioned back towards the pedestal.

“Well, there was a lion statue missing at the library,” Ava answered, finding the situation strange, but somehow, the woman stranger.

The red-head smiled. “Excellent! Thank you!” She looked over her shoulder towards Thomas and William. “You, William, go find mirrors and I’ll be back to meet you. Thomas, come with me, I think we ought to try and figure out the trail.” And then the red-head was off.

Ava didn’t intend to wait around with this ‘William’, but took her steps out of the Square and decided to head back towards her apartment rather than get involved. ‘Might be best to swing by the library tomorrow anyway if there’s going to be problems.’ She hoped Domitian didn’t end up in the middle of it. Perhaps that’s why he didn’t wait around in the Square. ‘Or he got lost, or is running late.’ Guilt almost had her turn back to the Square. It certainly had her pause and reconsider waiting in the Square.

Then she shook her head. No, no, bad idea. Not good to be around a crime scene. She walked on.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 02:06 PM

Awards:

Domitian hid behind the square a few blocks away. He waited as the crowd slowly quieted after a few screams. He didn't have to think to hard on what caused the screams, the angel. Most likely as he stared the others tried to flee. As he left the angel was free to move as it pleased, attacking those it could grab. As Domitian walked around he studied the camera, looking thought the photos already saved onto it.

As Ava walked down the sidewalk away from the Square a bright light flashed behind her. It was Domitian with the camera he picked up earlier. He was about ten feet away as he took the picture of her. Looking down at the screen he smirked and rushed to the woman.

"You miss me?" he spoke out towards her, in a calm tone. "Well obviously I wasn't at the Square like I said I would. Nothing was there when I arrived so I walked around. That's when I found my camera" He held it up a bit watching the woman turn around. Domitian picked up his pace and walked with her.

Thinking to himself, If the doctor is here then the tardis must be as well.
"This is an interesting area to say the least, but I think I should show you something a bit more interesting." He stated as he looked down at his left palm. He could feel some sort of pressure building inside him. Just like old times, he thought to himself.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 12:40 AM

Awards:

Click.

Ava looked over her shoulder immediately as a light flashed and a camera clicked. Domitian held the camera, and rushed to her side as soon as the picture was taken, earning a confused smile—she was not displeased to see him, but he was certainly not conforming to any expectations. Where did he get a camera? Fortunately, he explained that without her needing to ask, and so some of the confusion melted off of her countenance. “I see. I was told by someone at the Square that there’s a statue thief going around, but….”

Well, it sounded too strange now that she said it aloud to be true. “Well, nevermind. I’m glad you found your camera.”

He spoke again of showing her something. It was on the tip of her tongue to refuse, to note that he hadn’t been at the Square so he hadn’t held up his end of their minor agreement.

And yet, she couldn’t refuse. Curiosity. “All right, all right,” he’d been mentioning this ‘thing’ since they met. “It better be good, Domitian. I’ve seen about everything in this area, so….” She trailed off, making it clear nothing nearby was going to be passably interesting. He’d have to do better than the local fair. After all, the new statue hadn’t even interested her.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 06:49 PM

Awards:

“It better be good, Domitian. I’ve seen about everything in this area,"
As Ava spoke these words, Domitian slowly smirked. Good, it will be interestingly good. That is for sure. He took a few steps ahead of her looking around for the best place for the two to observe him. An alley might work, unless no one was around them at their current location. Luckily there wasn't anyone but the two strange acquaintances.

"You know, I found the lack of imagination you earthlings seem to have shocking. " He turned to Ava, the camera around his neck hanging by the strap. Hands, and feet shoulder apart almost in the anatomic position. " You all doubt the unexplained when it happens all around you. The cybermen in London, probably not far from here. Daleks, time-lord running around but yet you still doubt they are real." His voice was firm. "Cold as ice you humans are." His arms kept moving as he spoke, pointing towards her at times.

Suddenly he rose both arm towards the sky. His palms upward as well. Feet planted firmly on the ground, his head raised up, Domitian began to speak again after a moment of silence.
"Let's see his screwdriver do this.." With those words, a crackling noise started to fill the space around them. As the noise faded, a crooked streak of blue shot into the air. Domitian's laughing followed, almost even more noticeable then the streaks of energy flying from his palms. Slowly the light show started to end, and Domitian weak fell to his knees.
PMAIM
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Dec 20 2014, 07:56 PM

Awards:

‘You’re not human?’

The Master had it wrong, in Ava’s opinion. Humans were cold because they could imagine most anything. Their imagination was a hindrance to them taking things seriously. It could be a promo for a movie. Special effects had gone far. It could be anything, human-created.

It was the human-ego that stood in their way of true understanding.

She might have asked him how he could expect humans to believe anything was real, when some even questioned their existence, but he stopped abruptly within an alley, and raised his arms. “What—” he answered the unasked with action rather than words, though she did wonder what screwdriver he referred to. And who this ‘he’ was.

From the man’s hands came electricity, and Ava took an immediate step back into the brick wall that made up the alley. She couldn’t get further away, except to go sideways and run out of the alley. It was a consideration, but she couldn’t convince her legs to listen to the order. She remained still. ‘What would running do?’ If he wanted to kill her, it’d be easy to shoot her in the back.

She looked up, following the streaks of light, and looking, hoping, for some indication that it was faked. She didn’t know what she’d be looking for, but she’d been on stage often enough that she thought she had some idea of what to find. Unfortunately, her green eyes found no such thing.

They looked back to the man as he fell to his knees in front of her. Now was her time to run, but she still hesitated, trapped more by fear than curiosity now. “Ok,” she spoke that as a whisper, as if to make sure she could speak. “Ok,” she repeated, “That was new,” she confessed. “What are you?” He wasn’t human, he made that much clear. “And what do you want?” The cybermen who came, the daleks, all wanted something from Earth. Then again, people and aliens had that much in common—everyone wanted something.
PMWebsite
^
The Insurgency
 Posted: Dec 21 2014, 04:12 PM

Awards:

"And what do you want?"
What did he want? It was a good as question as anything. Domitian moved his arms back down to each side of his body.His fingers twitching at his sides, he slowly looked up with a smile at Ava standing against the wall. He wanted something, something not clear to him at the moment. Was it to just see the Doctor again? Maybe it was to take the Tardis for himself. Perhaps it was something more. Domitian didn't have the answer right now. It would be best for him to just answer the questions she has presented.

"What am I?" He repeated, rising to his feet. "Would you believe me if I even told you?" Domitian approached her with weak legs. Shaking with each step, it appeared that he could collapse at any moment. "I am an alien from the planet Gallifrey" He smiled. Everything he said at that point was true. " From the House of Oakdown" He added on. He stopped about a foot away from Ava, with her green eyes.

"I want...nothing, nothing yet at least." His smile stayed strong. "I am simply visiting at the moment. No" He paused abruptly . His eyes turned side to side, as if he was in a deep thought. "I am looking for something, something blue." His eyes returned to Ava.
PMAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs