barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Star Wars: Restoring Order [+18], AU Star Wars story
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 10:59 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

The man could still feel the ship. Feel the huge disturbance in the air, but considering the odd shape of the ship, he couldn't narrow it down enough to care to waste energy on it.

The smoking rock dropped back down on the ground as he backed. Having a quick look-around to get an idea of the situation on the ground.

He had hit the Blonde one with the saber, and the hilt laid burned out. Shame.
The one in Chrome and the General didn't seem eager to clash again, so the man did nothing but keep the distance between them.
Still walking, moving because of the ship.

Reaver huffed, flashing teeth light, but agreed. On his own terms.

''I'm gonna fucking watch you leave first, Princess.'' he'd growl, obviously not trusting her.

Making further distance from them before he called up a barrier, putting his Force into it's strength as he finally seized movement. His yellow eyes pinned to the women.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 11:24 PM

Awards:

The King kept distance, but didn’t disappear. Didn’t agree to walk away. Hux clenched her jaw and considered calling Terex back. Even heard him say, “Just say when.” However, that was not what Hux was here for. She had been here to find out what was going on. If she was here to take it over, she would have brought more troopers.

“It’s General,” Hux snapped.

She managed not to add a threat. He’d see soon enough when this place was swarming with First Order ships and First Order Stormtroopers. The Jedi had fallen to superior numbers. So would this single, foolish ‘king’.

She glanced to Phasma, and gave a nod. With her arm around Rosalee, Phasma started to walk back towards the ship, and Hux moved to follow only when it seemed the distance she created was sufficient. The blaster had remained in her hand, and she kept it there, even if she knew damn well some Force sensitives could stop a blaster bolt. She hadn’t seen this ‘king’ do it, so perhaps he wasn’t powerful enough.

She kept an eye on the barrier. It might be to protect this king, but it also indicated his position as static. She didn’t actually want him to follow back to the ship.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 11:59 PM

Awards:

Another huff came from him as the General had to correct him. Convincing himself that just shutting up would make them leave faster, so he did.

The eyes kept locked as he watched them. Very carefully letting his hold of the Force go. Once he was pleased with what he saw, he let the barrier drop, a cautious and slow retreat back through the hole in the wall.

When they were out of eachother's sight, he quickly paced up his steps. He pulled the right gauntlet off and threw it aside somewhere on the way, swatting his hand to get some blood away as he took a closer look on it.

Seeing the muscles and the tendons twitch in the wide gash as he tried to move his hand. Didn't work, but what was the point of moping over that?

He decided to simply 'walk it off'.

His other gauntlet was thrown aside somewhere along another corridor to check the wound at the back of his neck. Nasty, but not nearly as bad.

Reaver's mood was far from happy. If either of the siblings would say one word about the result of the battle he-... Would have to solve it in a non-violent fucking way.

Now, he had to warn the Supreme Leader that Hux had paid a visit.

His undamaged hand reached out to Force push the doors open so he wouldn't have to slow down. ''They're gonna come back,'' he growled the moment he walked in to the room.
''We'll need some fucking support.''
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 12:38 AM

Awards:

The King did not follow. The group was able to make it back to their ship, and once inside, Hux brought up the radio to reach out to Terex as Rosalee began to bring them up, trying not to whimper at her injury. “Soooo, should I just call the entire fleet here, or not?” Terex asked once the radio connection was established.

“No.” Hux stated. “We have some prototype probe droids to test. I want those sent out to watch. This place will be reinforced.”

“Are you sure he was with the Knights?”

“Yes.” Hux and Rosalee said it in unison.

Hux continued, “But this will bring reinforcements. And then we’ll have an idea of what Snoke has. Once the forces stabilize here, we’ll know what to send to destroy all of them.”

“He might have the information from Mustafar by then,” Terex argued.

“Yes,” Hux agreed, “he might have them now,” they didn’t know how far Snoke had gotten. “But the Empire never put them into use, so I doubt there are any finished designs. Snoke will have to finish them.” They had time. Hux could work with that. Designs took a while. Then the process of acquiring the materials…

By then, Hux would have a good idea of what Snoke had, and so would the Resistance. ‘And by then, maybe the New Republic.’ Either way, this certainly needed to be reported to Damotra, and Ben, to see if they might know who this was.

Damotra was probably first on that list. Ben didn’t like to discuss anything relating to Snoke. “Let’s get back to the Finalizer. Rosalee needs medical attention.”
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 05:20 AM

Awards:

No Terex. No Hux or even Phasma to get to know better. And Mitaka wasn't fun to bother today, he must have spent barely more than half an hour with the small man.- Sharing life stories.
Well, perhaps it was only Damotra that had shared. And perhaps they weren't really true, either.

Loneliness-... Was not something appreciated at all when he wasn't home. Home, he loved it.

Elsewhere, it could even make him.. Insecure. Perhaps that was why he had decided to leave the Lieutenant, before he had had a chance to pick up on it.

Not even the greenery could entertain him long, just help him regenerate. So soon he returned to the only place that was his own here.

The ship did feel like a miniature home, separated in three parts by hanging fabrics. Everything went in matching deep dark colors and gold, like home.

Void he needed some wine, never mind the glass. And writing material- might aswell do something useful.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 02:49 PM

Awards:

The ships of Terex and Rosalee soon found their way back to the Finalizer, and there docked. Terex’s docked in a different hangar – the Carrion Spike was too large to go to the same one as Rosalee, but Hux wanted to be near to Damotra when she got off the ship, and so she was. Or, well, she hoped Damotra would be in his ship, otherwise looking for him was going to be a pain.

Phasma took Rosalee along with her to seek medical treatment, and though Phasma tried to insist that Hux should get looked as well after being choked by the Force, she denied it. Yes, her throat was red and hurt, and she probably had some bruises from the thrown, but nothing significant. She’d dealt with far worse, after all.

So the General moved on to Damotra’s ship, and knocked upon the door, before stepping back. “Damotra?” She would wait a few seconds. If he did not answer, she’d have to go and figure out where he was on her ship.

Or rather, ask Terex where he was on her ship.

Terex was always able to find him, it seemed. Those two had grown rather close, rather fast. Not that Hux was arguing. It was good for her to have her spy close to the Knight of Ren.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 05:51 PM

Awards:

It had been long enough for a proper pile to build up on the table with both crumbled papers and filled sheets. A few of them included obscure sketches, but most were covered in letters far different from Basic.

The man didn't pay attention to the knock since he didn't react to it in an interested way,- but hearing his name and who's voice it was, he chose to aknowledge it.
Placing his current sheet of paper upside down over the others as he got up from the sofa.

He didn't want to open the doors to the screaming lights and colorless outside now that he had gotten used to the dark and deep colors in here.
The warmth. Familiar scent of incenses.

It suddenly felt like such an extreme inconvenience to have to face the cold metal.

So as he opened, he stepped right aside to invite her inside. ''Ah General Hux, back so soon? I take it you didn't find anything interesting.'', gesturing towards the fabric leading into the parlor he had just left.

He was pretty certain that she had, however. Why else would she come here right away? It just sounded nicer. ''Would you like some wine?''
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 06:21 PM

Awards:

The General heard the steps, and the door opened for her, Damotra motioning her in. With a nod, she consented, and moved up the ramp and into the dimly lit ship. She had to blink her eyes a couple of times to adjust to the lighting, something of a shock to her system compared to the ship and the fires of Mustafar.

“Unfortunately it was not as empty as I had hoped,” the General answered as she entered. She shook her head at the comment about wine, “No, thank you,” she had regained some of herself since returning to the Finalizer, from when she first met Damotra. “It’s too early for me,” she wouldn’t say ‘for wine’.

Let Damotra drink as he’d like.

She walked into the parlor, “If you have anything without alcohol, I would take it,” she noted, as she took a seat in the parlor. She would let Damotra get comfortable. Then she would bring up the stranger she met at Mustafar to see if he would recognize the description and know what they were dealing with. She wasn’t sure how well he knew the other Knights.

There were still plenty of mysteries about the Knights of Ren.

Too many, really.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 07:22 PM

Awards:

Damotra was happy to close after her, feeling how his focus got contained within the ship again. He seemed to have surprisingly little of it for the moment.

''Is that... Better than nothing?'' he asked.

So that was why she was here. He hadn't done anything bad when it came to Mustafar, had he?

After a second of consideration he decided that no, he had not done anything wrong that affected Mustafar.

Honestly he didn't know that planet half as well as he would like, but if there was an opportunity to do just that, he wouldn't hesitate to offer himself.

So she obviously wanted some sort of help. Very well, it could be interesting. Hopefully.

He did have alot of other things to drink than wine. Without alcohol? Not as much.
''Well, I've got Coffee, Tea..- Ah, I do have Plenty of Ice Tea if you'd prefer something cold after your trip?'' the man asked as he walked towards where he kept most of his drinks, silver eyes glancing back at her.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 09:15 PM

Awards:

“I’m not dead, so we’ll go with that, yes,” Hux answered Damotra’s query with a touch of a smirk on her lips, then nodded, “Iced tea, please,” that would be much better than anything hot right then. Mustafar had been far too hot and she’d hardly had the time to chill, literally, since then. The travel back here had been swift.

“We met an interesting individual on Mustafar. He called himself a King,” smirked, “when I accused him of being a Knight.” She still thought he was, but she intended to find out from Damotra, “I wanted to see if you might know him. He wielded a double-bladed red lightsaber, had yellow eyes, and quite an extraordinary beard – black, but graying.”

She would lean back in the chair, watching the expressions of Damotra, his body language, to see if it gave anything away that his words wouldn’t. “Does that sound familiar at all?” She wasn’t sure if she wanted it to, or not. Determined she did – she wanted to deal with Snoke. She didn’t need to discover another annoying enemy.

She’d rather keep it all with Snoke. Deal with Snoke’s allies, and no one else. She was going to have enough trouble dealing with the New Republic. She didn’t need the complication of a Random Force Sensitive in the mix – especially not an arrogant one who called himself ‘King’.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 10:18 PM

Awards:

The man shrugged his shoulders as if that was a completely normal reasoning. It was good reasoning, however. She was, after all, not dead.

''Mhm~'', aiming for the fridge instead. Another one of things hidden behind fabric. Certain she would be pleased with it as he poured her a glass- it was the kind of cold that almost hurt drinking at first.

A king at the castle. He loved bad humor.

''Here you go,'' he said, reaching her the glass before he sat down in the sofa, now able to show her the attention he was paying.

Damotra tilted his head a bit as if he was thinking about it. Though he couldn't help but to chuckle by the question he got. ''I.. Am afraid it sounds a little too familiar,'' he said. ''A sith,- I assume,- with a red Force weapon... Narrow that down to humans,'' otherwise she would have pointed it out,

''And narrow that down to individuals with black hair.. Even Graying.. That still results in alot of Sith, I believe.'' he said. And facial hair on a man was rather common. Damotra knew quite a few faces with extraordinary beards.

''Say, did you notice if he was trained as something? There are various.. Ranks, as you may know. Sith Warriors, Sith Knights.. Sith Lords and Masters, to mention very few of them. The Force Power varies and so does the techniques.''.

The silver eyes glanced over her after a seconds silence. ''Or you could simply.. Let me see him?'', just a suggestion. ''Or have you had enough of Force treatment for today?'', eyes batting down to her throat.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 10:27 PM

Awards:

The tea did hurt going down, once Hux brought it to her lips and swallowed, but she ignored that pain and enjoyed the flavor of it for another sip, before moving it away from her lips to listen to what Damotra had to say about the ‘King’.

It wasn’t that satisfying. It seemed Damotra knew…a few too many that bore those talents. So the Sith weren’t gone, then. She let out a frustrated sigh as it seemed she wasn’t going to get very far with this, before Damotra suggested having a ‘look’. Her blue eyes narrowed into a glare, that hardened a bit as he seemed to recognize one talent used on her.

A light flush to her cheeks, as well. Embarrassed that it was so obvious. She tried to straighten the collar of her shirt, as if that might hide it. Her eyes averted. “I don’t know your training styles or ranks,” she informed him, “I know that he did utilize the skill to choke, but he didn’t seem to use lightning or anything…extraordinary,” not in her opinion, “He could increase his physical capabilities, but other than that, his skills seemed more along the lines of picking things and grabbing things – he tried to destroy Terex’s ship with boulders.”

Hadn’t worked, “But I assume that’s a rather…basic skill, isn’t it?” She avoided Damotra’s request to be shown. That did seem to be a thing that hurt quite substantially when it was successful, but besides the pain, Hux was not a fan of letting a Knight sift through her mind. Force only knew what he might try to find once he had the access….
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 11:27 PM

Awards:

The silver eyes went back up to meet hers as she obviously didn't want to show the red cross her skin

Listening to her,- and tried to keep a straight face as he heard about the ship. The image was.. Entertaining. Even if he doubted Terex thought so.
Well, had the ship been in such a bad state he would surely have heard it crash into the Finalizer or blow up by now, so, couldn't be bad enough for it to be inappropriate to find it just a little amusing..?

He shrugged his shoulders light after keeping his snicker inside. ''Well it does say a little, perhaps. He's obviously more towards the strength and damage sort of direction. Boulders. Plural, I don't think I ever could.''

''But yes, it is rather.. Basic. Some prefer to master those skills rather than spread out.''.
Damotra watched her for a second. Feeling the energy shift lightly.

''..It wouldn't be close to as bad as if it had been against your will, you know.'', wondering if she had ever gotten that forced upon her before.

''I wouldn't have to be abusive. Weaken you. Wouldn't have to dig and tear for what I was looking for. Fight to get it.'', trying to sound as sincere as he could.
''You know that is true.- All you would do would be allowing me to take that one small part. Wouldn't even be a minute.''
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 11:49 PM

Awards:

Damotra wasn’t the best at keeping a straight face, but the General appreciated it. It was a touch of honesty, even if his responses might not be appropriate. Tact was for politics. This wasn’t…politics. This was information gathering, and every reaction of Damotra was its own bit of information.

‘Well, at least I knew that was basic stuff.’ What little she knew of the Force. Physical things like that she just…imagined were easier.

The way changing one’s body was easier than changing one’s mind.

Th subject returned to the mind though. She hadn’t ever had it truly forced on her. She had felt Snoke’s grazing touch, but he never got further than that before everything closed up. The General had an idea of how to close her mind, but she hadn’t really tried to open it for anyone. She wasn’t sure exactly how that worked, wasn’t really keen on finding out.

Damotra’s language didn’t make it much better. “And how exactly do I know you won’t try to find anything else in my mind? We haven’t known each other very long, Damotra, and what I understand is that Terex seems to think you’re a man similar to him.” Which, if it were Terex, he’d probably take advantage to at least snatch one more piece of information before Hux figured out what he was doing.

Of course then she’d shoot him.

Shooting Damotra wasn’t the best of ideas, though.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 01:00 AM

Awards:

Damotra looked over her, he could tell very obviously that it wasn't an idea she liked.

Already by her first words he already knew what to reply.- She went on, however.

He had learned to control and change alot of his reactions. And reactions in his body. Even reactions in his eyes. He thought the 'window to your soul'-thing was complete nonsense, even if that only went for his own.

He was very skilled with faking emotions with them. Stop emotions in them. The first one was a gift, as for the second one,- it had required alot of practice. He could do it with familiar emotions.

-Terex, however, did not bring only familiar emotions out. And certainly not in a context like that.

He tried to shake it off. Shaking his head lightly along with it. ''You're too smart, I am not even going to pretend there's a way I could assure you I wouldn't.'' He said, straight and honest.

''You're not restrained, however. I could offer to sit close enough for you to literally punch the focus out of me if you'd notice something amiss.

''Perhaps I wouldn't even need to search at all if you would purely focus on that memory. I honestly do not know how easy things could be if a Force sensitive and a non-sensitive would co-operate with the Force.''

''Is that.. Not information you would see as beneficial aswell?'' Damotra asked. About it all, not just this one suggested time.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs