barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Star Wars: Restoring Order [+18], AU Star Wars story
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 01:21 AM

Group: Members

Awards:

At least Damotra admitted he would probably look elsewhere. The assurance he offered wasn’t terribly comforting. Punch him in the face? Certainly…she wasn’t restrained, but she knew too well the Force could fix that. Ben had taught her that lesson, and the recent visit with this King didn’t make her keener to find out if Damotra could do the same.

She took her blaster out of its holster, held it up, and shifted the focus of it from ‘fatal’ to ‘non-fatal’. “I have a better idea. If I do sense anything amiss, I’ll stun you.” She put the blaster calmly back in her lap, didn’t put the finger anywhere near the trigger. She didn’t want to be trigger happy.

Pain she could endure. She didn’t want to shoot Damotra just for that. Only if she sensed him going off track.

“If you’re willing to deal with that…then you can try,” she stated, trying to relax her mental guards and focus on the image of the King from Mustafar. It occurred to her briefly that she could have thrown Terex into this situation – he saw the King. But then, that would compromise too much other information, wouldn’t it?

Potentially. Terex might know what it felt like enough to know when someone was browsing his thoughts, nor how to put up guards.

It was at least the one thing Hux could defend a bit against.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 12:41 PM

Awards:

The silver eyes went from her own eyes to her hand, watching her take out her blaster.

Any trace of the friendly smile disappeared and was replaced by an expression of dislike instead. ''.. Ah.''.

Damotra was not fond of blasters, no matter what mode. It made him hesitate, considering the possibility of her being the one not playing by the rules.

Had he done anything she would want to shoot him for? He hoped not. He really didn't think so.
''...Very well, if that is what you would feel most comfortable with.'', he gave in.

Atleast he believed himself when he decided that this time he would certainly play nice.

He moved to the closer side of the sofa, eyes batting down at the blaster again for a moment before he looked back up.
''Just remember, you cannot imagine him. His face. I need an actual thought, a memory. If not- I would need to look for it.'' Damotra decided to point out. To eliminate misunderstandings.

''So do I have your consent?'', hopefully it wouldn't be worse than a minutes migraine.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 01:16 PM

Awards:

Hux was pleased to see all the humor leave Damotra’s face. Now he understood how serious the General was about keeping her thoughts to herself. A blaster was far more effective than a punch to the face, after all. She waited in the seconds for his agreement, to see how serious he was about helping, or if he was just looking for an excuse to pry.

Fortunately, it seemed, he was willing to accept these terms. The General thus relaxed her posture a bit, though her hand remained over the blaster. She nodded as she understood the instructions, and let her mind return to the fight at Mustafar, replaying it in her head and trying to keep the focus on scenes when she had been focusing on the ‘King’.

“You have my consent.” The General stated, taking a deep breath to try and prepare herself for it. Even if it wouldn’t hurt as much if she lowered her guards, she still couldn’t imagine it wouldn’t be completely lacking in the pain department, if only because it was a new experience.

She wanted this done with quickly, to know if Damotra was familiar with this individual or not. Needed to know if they were a Knight, or some new ‘other’ to be disposed of.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 02:36 PM

Awards:

Damotra nodded as she agreed. He hoped that this wouldn't turn out in a bad way, for either of them obviously- since it would go out over him none the less.

''Very well then, let us have it done,'' he said, and moved closer, waiting for her to take a moment to prepare- before he would raise his hand towards her. Picking the moment she seemed most relaxed with it all.
There was no point of 'warning' her, it would only bother her focus.

He had never done this in a friendly way before. He was used to simply breaking right through. Used to going through just about anything he would find, with or without a target. And honestly- he loved doing so as violently as he could.

It did work, however. He hadn't needed to go further or dig for more. He did push a bit only to expand the memory of this King. But as soon as this,- to her,- stranger had let down his barrier to actually retreat, he cut it off.
Let her go.

That had been... Very easy. He had met weak minds plenty of times, their panic often put their mind on a frenzy. A willing mind was even easier than a weak one.

''-Is all still well?'' he asked, more curious than concerned.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 03:41 PM

Awards:

The General knew what Damotra saw. Felt his eyes on the same memory, felt him adjust the pace to witness all of it. She did clench her jaw, clenched her empty hand, but didn’t lift the blaster to fire it at Damotra. He went no further than the memory itself, dug for nothing else, and Hux let out a sigh when it all ended.

The guards lifted back into place and the General shook in her head, not as an answer to Damotra’s question. Just to clear it.

“Yes, all is well,” she told him, fixing her gaze back on him. “Thank you for going no further.” He’d honor his word. Sure, under threat…but honored all the same. He could have decided a blaster shot was worth a bit of peeking around, after all. He would have survived it.

She lifted the tea back to her lips and finished it off then, pleased it was still so dreadfully cold. It was a good shock right then. “Do you know the man from the memory?” She asked him then, hoping that he did. Hoping this wasn’t all for naught.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 04:39 PM

Awards:

The man nodded, appreciating her answer. It didn't seem like she was simply sucking it up, same as he could see that it hadn't been completely trouble-free either.

''Other than your pesonal dislike, it wasn't very bad, was it..?''- though he had to remind himself that sadly, this wasn't for educational purpose.
So he guessed that question would have to satisfy him for now.

He did smile, ''Ofcourse. 'Twas highly unlikely I would have changed my mind and decided to violate yours either way,'' Atleast not this time. ''But I really, really do not enjoy getting shot. Not even set to 'stun'. So, clever choice.'' Damotra snickered.

The smile lingered vague, a seconds silence. He obviously had an answer, he just wasn't too happy with it.

''I'm afraid I do rather well, actually. 'Used to be intimate with his brother when I was rather young, he's been a bit of a mentor to me since. He's the one that introduced me to the Sith way of living.''.

That man had been one of the top three that came to his mind from the descriptions. Perhaps he had simply hoped it would have been one of the other two.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 04:59 PM

Awards:

Hux just let out an annoyed sigh at Damotra’s inquiry. She couldn’t get around her personal dislike of anyone looking into her mind, so if course it was terrible. “No, Damotra, so far as physical pain went, it was not so bad. Everything else was terrible.”

The only good thing was that it hadn’t been in vain. And now she knew Damotra truly hated getting shot, as well. Something to keep in mind if it ever came to it – although she really hoped Damotra wouldn’t shift sides on her and become a foe.

Hux had to smile at how Damotra confessed to his affair with this man’s brother. That he was his mentor. “A pity, then,” Hux said, “Is he a Knight of Ren, or just some wondering Sith?” More to the point, “And would you be able to speak with him to grant me permission to examine Mustafar?”

Or was he going to be a royal pain and not be easily moved?

Hux hoped it would be easy enough to talk to him. Let him know his Commander was more or less an ally with her, and clear up this misunderstanding so that they could take a look at Mustafar. She didn’t believe it would be that easy, but she could hope.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 05:42 PM

Awards:

Damotra couldn't help but to wonder just why Hux seemed to have such an issue with that skill. If she had actually been abused by it, or if it was for the reason that she simply carried alot of secrets.

Possibly both. But he guessed he should be easy around that, not try to stick his nose into something she so obviously tried to make sure no one actually could stick their nose into as they pleased.

The man leaned back against the sofa, chuckling light. ''A pity indeed..''.
He thought about his answers as she asked the questions. Honestly he didn't know at all how far he trusted this woman. He did have a little extra room for 'trusting' when it came to people he liked, but she was very close to the edge of that right now.

She did have a.. Sort of relationship with the Commander. And Damotra did trust Ben's side of that affection, even if he hadn't seen him since that day.
It was about what he actually had seen that day. How the young man had behaved and what emotions he had carried.- So the answer was already clear on one thing; Ben would tell her if Reaver was a Knight or not.

So he might aswell take the honor of that himself.

''He is indeed a Knight.'' Damotra answered then, casually.

''As for the rest... I-..'', biting his lip light, he wasn't usually the man that hesitated in this way when he was actually speaking.

''... This-.. This is the man that taught me-.. Alot. Survival, being one of the things.'' Damotra explained a bit hesitant.
''I believe I hold something familiar to love for him, and I'd like to believe he does the same, but.... There is no doubt in me that that man would take my life without a second thought if he felt that I threathened his. 'Tis the sort of survival I was taught.'' he confessed.

''I would be able to speak to him, yes. I am one of the very few there would be even a chance of him listening to, but... Surely you can see why I hesitate. Like you said, we haven't known each other for a long time.''

''For all I know you could simply be hoping I'm royally stupid.''
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 06:18 PM

Awards:

A Knight. As Hux suspected. Well, at least now she knew Snoke was operating in Mustafar, so that much was certain. Shame she didn’t have any more planet-destroying weapons. ‘You aren’t supposed to have anymore planet destroying weapons.’ Didn’t mean she didn’t want them. It would be so useful right now. Just blow it up. She’d like to see a Force-sensitive stop that.

“I may hope for you to be stupid as I may hope for Snoke to come out into the open – both vain and foolish hopes. I know you aren’t,” Hux told Damotra straight. “All I hope is that this Knight would get out of my way. I would not wish for you to harm him if he is dear to you, I’d prefer it to end amicably.”

The implication was that Hux didn’t suspect it would.

She had a feeling that Damotra imagined the same. “I will see what’s on Mustafar, with him alive or with him dead. If you believe you can talk to him, and get him to back down, I leave you to it,” Hux gestured, “If you simply want to end our alliance to save him, you know the way out as well. If you wish to stand aside, that choice is also open to you.”

A moment, then, “What is his name? I do plan to inform Ben of this. It would be easier to tell him the name of the Knight at Mustafar.” To get his opinion on the situation as well. To figure out what he knew and what he thought was possible with this man that Damotra was so fond of.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 07:05 PM

Awards:

He appreciated hearing that Hux tell him that that was not the case. Hoping and knowing were two diffeent things, and he was glad to hear that her knowledge was correct about him.

The thought of this ending peacefully was.... Uncertain. He, for once, had absolutely no idea or even a guess on how it might turn out.

Damotra couldn't help but to snicker, though. The idea of switching sides did not go well together with his hope of survival. He felt as if Hux could not call him out for a traitor, considering that he had behaved well, so, this was a rather good side, after all.

''I confess that I have no idea in this moment of what I might decide to do, but ending our alliance to save this man, or even join him, is not exactly on the table.'', it was his truth but he couldn't demand she believed it.

''And you can call him Reaver.'' He said simple.

''May I ask, what brought you to me first instead of-..-Ben?'', surely he deserved questions of his own.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 07:14 PM

Awards:

It wasn’t good to know that Damotra was rather undecided as to his allegiances, but at least he did not intend to go running off and join this Reaver anytime soon. “Good. I wouldn’t want it to end so soon,” nor so simply. She’d understand it, of course. Well…no, not really. There wasn’t a person in the world she’d betray the Order for. Not even Ben.

But perhaps if she made Reaver an entity like the Order, she’d understand Damotra’s betrayal.

“Yes,” Hux said, when the man before her asked if he might inquire as to why she came to him, before Ben, “Besides the fact that I would have to wait until tonight to speak to Ben, there is also the issue that Ben finds it difficult to speak about anything relating to Snoke.” Which was unfortunate considering Snoke was trying to kill her. “He also keeps secrets relating to his Knights. Generally speaking, I’m not sure how much information Ben would be willing to provide without it feeling like I’m pulling teeth,” she shook her head.

“It seems like it might be…easier to get him to talk if I go to him with information already, like a name. If I tell him with no confusion that I met Reaver Ren, that he attacked me, and that he is on Mustafar, Ben cannot dodge the topic as easily.” Which meant, she could get him to address it, and to decide what needed to be done with his Knight, before Hux returned with her forces to attack.

It gave him a chance to consider intervening on behalf of his Knight, and Hux would not need to be delayed because ‘she didn’t know’ what was going on.

PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 08:20 PM

Awards:

''Now see, that is precisely the reason. I have no wish to die 'so soon', either. And in all of this shite, the First Order is what I believe has the biggest chance to be victorious.~ 'Tis why I'm here, to offer my help.''.

Though hearing those words out loud, the smile on his lips slowly faded to non-existing. ''..Huh.''

'Well fuck me sideways'.

The silver eyes narrowed light as he bit the inside of his cheek light.

''-...So I suppose then that I probably should consider your idea of approaching Reaver about this.''

Perhaps he could. Possibly, if he knew he had back-up.

The silver eyes grew curious. He could completely see Ben not wanting to talk about things, that was part of the description on that man. But he had expected Hux to have a far easier time to get things out of Ben than other people did.

''Why is that?'' he asked. ''That he doesn't talk, that is.''

''I didn't expect him to keep that nonsense up with you.'', he really thought Ben would take the chance and actually try to share his idiot demons with someone like her instead of continuing to keep it all behind lock and bars.

He still hadn't apologized for his little trap with the holovid. Nor was he going to now when the two seemed to be intimate, either.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 08:30 PM

Awards:

“That is your call,” Hux said, as the one before her debated going to see Reaver. He was not First Order – Hux could not order him as she might order Phasma. Tempting as it was, she knew where the First Order ended, and the Knights of Ren were not hers. Never had been, in truth, but that was now clear.

When Damotra asked, now a bit more personal about her relationship with Ben, she shook her head, “I don’t understand everything about him, Damotra. I suspect that Snoke still has a hold over him, and without knowing their relationship…I don’t know what that hold is.” There was still the concern that Ben might end up going back to Snoke.

She didn’t want to believe it, but she did accept it as a possibility. Much as she’d never wanted to believe her father would actually try to usurp her power in the First Order.

But he did.

“We’ll see how well it goes when I bring it up with him, however,” perhaps it would not be as bad this time around. She wasn’t holding out much hope, though.

She shifted forward in her seat, “Is there anything else you’d like to know, Damotra, or shall I leave you in peace?” She inquired then. She did need to inform the Resistance that at least something was going on at Mustafar, and start to work through contingency plans. Probe droids. Better, shielded, probe droids.
PMWebsite
^
Kylo_Solo
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 09:21 PM

Awards:

Damotra was glad to note that she did not seem to urge him into doing something. That side of her was still a nice exchange to what he was used to dealing with. He gave her a nod to aknowledge his option, even if he didn't want to go further into that topic for the moment.

Again, Damotra hadn't seen him since. Well, in person. So he didn't know just how many things he had changed.
He could however think of several reasons to what sort of holds there could be. Several suggestions on the top of his head, even.

His first instinct wasn't to share his thoughts, though.

''I do wish you luck.'' He said, honest, but still had to add to it.

''Are you planning to take this up with him over a call?'', it wasn't much of a question at all, really. Bit more of an implication, really. But he didn't wish to interfere too much.

Who was he kidding, he loved interfering. He just wished to be a bit easy with it for now.
Damotra shook his head, it felt as if he had been personal enough with Hux for one day.

All in due time.

''No, I believe I am pleased if you are.'' he said. And he was sure she had some
airconditioning to enjoy. Surely it was still a relief compared to Mustafar, but he did prefer to have it warm in here.

Or, perhaps there was one more thing.

''..Is Terex's.. Ship,- all right..?''
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 09:32 PM

Awards:

“Thank you – and yes,” Hux did arch an eyebrow at Damotra’s question as to how she’d contact Ben. However, she didn’t ask him about that odd curiosity. If he were anyone besides Damotra, she’d think it an innocent question. However, this was Damotra, and his tone was more implicating than asking.

She rose, though. She had gotten the information that she needed, so it was time to get back to business as usual. “I am pleased enough,” she told him with a smile.

At the mention of the ship, she nodded. “Of course, Damotra. It is the Carrion Spike,” even Hux had pride in it. It had been Grand Moff Tarkin’s ship, once upon a time. It was built to endure quite a bit, and Terex had but that ship through hell and back. He was great at repairing it – treated as if it were his own creation.

But of course, he’d taken it from the grave and restored it.

“Now, why do you want to know how I’m reaching Ben?” She asked, wanting to get that answer before she left. Was Terex spying on her now? She was quite certain she’d finally made it so he couldn’t hack her datapad…but that might need to be looked at. Upgraded.

Terex was a bitch to hide things from.
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs