barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Demons, Gods, Mythology, (MxM) (Demon x Human)
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:45 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hi! So, disclaimer: if you have a huge need for everything to do with Gods, Mythology, Demons, etc, to be historically accurate and whatnot, this may not be the RP for you. I'm kind of melding a lot of stuff together here, taking inspiration from various myths and mythological figures, so if that bothers you, you may want to search for someone who is equally as dedicated to accuracy to the source material. But if you're more into taking inspiration and making something original from it, read on!

Plot: I have a fairly loose idea, mostly because I prefer to work out plot ideas with my partner rather than coming to the table with a fully planned, fleshed-out plot--I prefer to be more collaborative in figuring this stuff out! If this plot doesn't tater your tots, I'm open to other suggestions for Demon x Human! Please feel free to come to me with your plot ideas smile.gifI'm all for a less lore-based, more set in the real world kind of thing as well smile.gif *Edit: More feeling this than the below plot rn*
At any rate, here's an idea I've had: My character, (who is currently nameless as I try to think of a good name), worked collaboratively with another God to create the universe, and with the creation of the Earth, became the sun, only to be knocked out of the sky by the other god. Since then, throughout history, Gods have been fighting for control over the Earth and the universe, bringing about Earth's various historical periods in their conflict (bringing about the ice age/snowball earth, shifting the continents from Pangea, wiping out the dinosaurs, causing the plague), but in recent years, the God who originally created the Earth with my character has regained control of the universe, and all the opposing gods have fallen into line. My character, having been renamed as a demon of calamity, chaos, and betrayal, has been largely forgotten by humans and lost in ancient mythology from civilizations that no longer exist.
As I'm sure you're thinking, that's not really a plot--you're right! It's just my character's backstory. If you email me, tell me about your character and any ideas you have about moving the plot forward! Obviously, I'm thinking of having some major godly clashes, but don't let yourself be hindered by one theme or type of character--we can 100% create new creatures, new types of beings, new stories, new ideas of planes of existence--I'm really up for anything!
Pairings: MxM, could be Demon x Human, but it doesn't have to be! Let me know what you have in mind for your character smile.gif
Post length: depending on the scene, 1-3 paragraphs is my typical reply length.
Frequency: This part, I kind of hate to put--I used to reply multiple times every day, but I just don't have that kind of time on my hands anymore. However, I can guarantee that I will TRY to get back to you once a day, AT LEAST a few times a week during exams or times when I'm working a lot.
Limits: I don't care how much your character swears, I'm fine with blood and violence, but I'm not a huge fan of sex scenes unless they are necessary and relevant to the plot. BDSM kinks are fine, but nothing that belongs in the bathroom and no animals/furries or minors.

As you can probably tell by the tone of this post, I'm kind of chatty xD So I usually like to talk OOC and pitch plot ideas in a seperate email chain smile.gif
Anyways, if you're interested, email me! I'm pretty chill, so really if there's anything you have questions about or something, feel free to contact me. My email address is amber.liu.islife@gmail.com.
PMEmail
^
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 11:36 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump!
PMEmail
^
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 07:09 PM

Awards:
N/A

Another bump!
PMEmail
^
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 05:26 PM

Awards:
N/A

This is *you guessed it* another bump ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
PMEmail
^
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 09:46 PM

Awards:
N/A

beep
PMEmail
^
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:22 PM

Awards:
N/A

*Boop*
PMEmail
^
ShaddupWesley
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 02:13 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs