barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

ex urna resurgam, fandom + historical + modern + post-apoc
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 11:16 AM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

hi it's me, apotelesmaa. idk why i keep making these ads but you keep clicking so here we are.

i always say i'm going to try to keep it brief and i'm always lying, but here's me actually trying: i'm looking for active partners (2-3 replies a week is bueno) who are ok with casual word counts (300-600 words per character per reply). right now i'm really only wanting to rp over email, but i can be persuaded into gdocs if it's vital for your wellbeing. i'm not gonna say doubling is a requirement (because it's definitely not), but i sure do like it. be willing to play multiple genders as mains and side characters. all pairings are welcome. i lean toward m x f myself but as long as were doing multiple chars i'm happy to indulge whatever pairing you have in mind. seeing as i'm well into my 20s, my partners gotta be 18+ to ride this ride. my limits are few and are more or less run of the mill (pedophilia/toilet stuff/that xxxtra kinky shit/furries/etc etc etc). i'm a big fan of mature themes and i'm pretty ok with smut but i'm not looking for pwp. lastly, i'm super ditch friendly. i totally understand when life gets in the way and you don't have the time or inclination to write. if you have to disappear for a while and then wanna start up when you come back, that's totally fine, too, and i don't require advance notice when things come up in your life however, if you're someone who is prone to losing interest right after intros do me a solid and, uh, don't hmu? there's no bad feel quite like the bad feel of working hard on an intro and then never getting a response as i'm sure you know. so y'know. don't be a dick.

on to the fandoms. i'm only gonna list the characters i'm interested in playing against in brackets. just give me an idea of who you want me to play when you get in touch. cravings are indicated with !! but just bc i'm not craving something definitely doesn't mean i'm not down for it.

crimson peak (thomas) !!
dragon age (alistair, cullen, anders) !!
ffxv (ravus, ignis, ardyn)
fallout 4 (maccready, deacon, danse) !!
mass effect 1-3 (kaidan, garrus) !!
tes iv: oblivion (lucien lachance, martin septim, vincente valtieri) !!
tes v: skyrim (brynjolf, ulfric, vilkas)
stardew valley (elliott, harvey, sebastian, oc)

you can pretty much assume i'm also down for oc x oc and au's for all of these. just hit me with your ideas.

for original, i don't have any actual, fully-realized plots, so here's a bunch of keywords and stuff. go w i l d friends.

﹢ modern / slice of life*
say you won't let go - james arthur﹢long time lovers who never get their timing right﹢25 and over characters﹢impromptu travel﹢old flames﹢returning to hometowns﹢new cities﹢fraught marriages﹢affairs﹢established relationships﹢melancholic romances set to the smiths and some really depressing indie﹢rain on coffee shop windows﹢the night we met - lord huron﹢slow dancing in dark discotheques﹢any number of cavity-inducing tumblr au's﹢love - lana del rey﹢cigarettes and sunrises﹢undefined relationships﹢things not working out and not getting what you want and that's just life﹢3am phonecalls just to talk﹢holiday towns that are weirdly empty and depressing 90% of the year﹢road trips where the destination is forgotten
*no teenage angst stories please. no teens at all pls.

﹢ modern / detective**
beautiful crime - tamer﹢grizzled detectives﹢cat and mouse games with serial killers﹢femme fatales who are more than red lipstick and tight skirts﹢victims who aren't what they seem﹢journalists in too deep﹢unexpected settings (alaska, british resort towns, canadian prairies, etc)﹢heinous crimes in tiny perfect towns﹢years-long cases﹢no distinctions between work and personal life﹢clashes with local law enforcement﹢corruption﹢supernatural (a la twin peaks, stranger things)﹢cases that hit too close to home﹢broadchurch/true detective/wallander/etc for inspo
**no, i'm not gonna play a sexy serial killer for you.

﹢ historical / 19th century
regency england﹢napoleonic wars (england, france, russia)﹢victorian england﹢la belle epoque﹢luminary circles﹢byron/shelley/wollstonecraft/polidori-esque groups spending summers in seclusion writing their trash﹢gothic horror/romance﹢class difference﹢miserable marriages﹢bored and possibly broke aristocrats﹢elaborate balls and parties﹢isolated countryside estates﹢lighthearted jane austen-esque stories﹢gloomy bronte-esque stories

﹢ historical / other
ancient greece﹢ancient rome﹢viking age﹢medieval europe﹢tudor/stuart england﹢renaissance italy﹢revolutionary france﹢regency england﹢imperial france﹢imperial russia (18th or 19th c. pref)﹢american revolutionary era﹢american civil war﹢old west﹢wwi﹢1920s﹢wwii﹢1990s

﹢ post-apocalyptic
tight knit groups of survivors﹢atrocities in the name of survival﹢wilderness﹢cold apocalypse a la the long dark﹢greatest enemy is other humans﹢cults﹢fallout-esque shenanigans﹢valiant attempts to rebuild humanity﹢old west-y lawlessness﹢ghost towns﹢finding love in a hopeless place﹢a distinct lack of zombies (but maybe some zombies)﹢missing small comfort﹢alternatively, born and raised in the post-apocalypse world and finding glimpses of the old world

that's all for now, folks. if you want to hmu send an email to apotelesmaa@gmail.com and let me know what kind of rp you're after as well as your preferences re: doubling, limits, medium, etc etc. thanks for reading and happy searching!
PM
^
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 08:56 PM

Awards:
N/A

pump it up pump the jam
PM
^
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 06:17 AM

Awards:
N/A

fwoosh
PM
^
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 03:54 AM

Awards:
N/A

~
PM
^
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 09:21 PM

Awards:
N/A

~
PM
^
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 06:53 AM

Awards:
N/A

~
PM
^
apotelesmaa
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 03:54 PM

Awards:
N/A

~
PM
^
Heron
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 10:05 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

i mailed ya c:
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs