barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

RP Community Mentorship
Poette
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 09:56 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

I started rping on Neopets a long time ago during a very influential time for my writing. As an active and fast-moving community, it made it easy to jump in and contribute or to sit back and observe and learn. Recognizing which writing achieved commendations versus the writing that was condemned gave me a personal guide on how to correct or improve my writing. Finding people within my same range of skill (and age) and interests was far more accessible.

Although as that community aged, the internet expanded, the website did more strict policing, and eventually the community left and disseminated, a lot of role playing shifted and adapted. We all know how that story ends...

Anyways I'm kind of curious to hear how you guys improved/are improving in your rping/writing. I don't belong to other rp communities besides barbermonger and I don't rp on tumblr. In the past few years my improvements have been predominately just working with my partners one on one. Which I enjoy very much, but sometimes I miss the aspect of getting feedback from a public community.

Do you guys find public communities helpful?
If so, what aspects? The rp forums about rping, reading other people's threads, writing threads, critiques, chat logs?
How did you learn to rp?

edit: more questions
PM
^
SithLordOfSnark
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 10:50 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

I think my RP style has vastly improved by being part of communities such as this one.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs