barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

[ THE WORLD NEEDS MORE HEROES ], looking 4 overwatch rpers + more
cassichu
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 02:17 AM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

HELLO THERE!

First thing's first, my name is Cassi, and I thank you very much for taking the time to click on my little thread! It's been a terribly long time since I ventured to barbermonger in search of an RP companion, but as one of my long time rp partners has been facing writer's block for several months now and I simply can't connect with my other friends\ writing styles as well as I used to, I'm here in search of a new future friend and collaborator for roleplaying!

That's pretty much the basics down pat, but let's go into some of the details about me so you're not just talking to a stranger!
  • as stated, my name is Cassi, and I'm 22 years old, so I'd much prefer not to roleplay with anyone younger than 18 - sorry!
  • I live in the usa, utc-5 timezone, and am a major night owl
  • for roleplaying purposes, I prefer to use google docs where our replies are updated live, and for chat purposes I use skype
  • I write mature; that includes blood, gore, violence, sex, and everything in between. I have no real restrictions with what I will write but if you do let me know immediately!
  • I much prefer writing m// and f// but will write everything else, I just find the former more fun to write dynamics wise.
  • depending on the time of night and my inspiration, my replies can be anywhere between 300 words and an entire word document long - and this font and size is what I tend to write in, as a warning. I love writing descriptions and tend to write in third person most of the time, as it's what I feel most comfortable with.
  • if you're wanting to roleplay with me, please be willing to double or more to help tell the story. Depending on the rp, I can play up to 5 characters at once during any given scene!
Concerning genres, at the moment what I'm really looking for is an Overwatch roleplay, though there are other genres I'd love to roleplay as well (mainly Don't Starve lately...), and that's where that doubling bit of info up in that list kinda came from. There are 25 heroes in overwatch, and depending on the plot and what we decide, I would like to include quite a few if not all the characters at any given time. For simplicity's sake, here are all 23 characters listed, with my preferences bolded for convenience! I'm of course not totally firm and can hand off certain characters off if you're totally invested in them! (Though you'll have to fight me for Gabriel)

Reaper | Soldier 76 | Ana Amari | Pharah | Reinhardt
Junkrat | Roadhog | Zarya | Mei | Mercy
Genji | Hanzo | McCree | Tracer | Widowmaker
Sombra | Dva | Lucio | Winston | Symmetra
Zenyatta | Torbjorn | Bastion | Doomfist | Orisa

And of course, there will be pairings... and I have quite a few of them. My preferences are listed below, with asterisks (*) next to preferences. What the preference means implies the pairings that I'd like most to base the meat of the RP around.
  • McCree / Hanzo *
  • McCree / Genji
  • Mei / Zarya
  • Reaper / 76 *
  • Junkrat / Roadhog
  • Widowmaker / Tracer
  • Sombra / Symmetra
  • Ana / Reinhardt
  • Pharah / Mercy
  • Genji / Zenyatta *
  • Dva / Lucio
  • Dva / Sombra
  • Doomfist / Lucio
  • Junkrat / Lucio
  • McCree / Reyes
  • Genji / Hanzo (Yes, Shimadacest. If you don't approve then pretend this isn't here. Kthanks.)
If there's anything else or more you'd like to suggest or talk about, let me know! I will state right here and now though? I'd prefer no Overwatch OC's. I'm sure they're great and all but... no thanks, it's not what I'm looking for at the moment. I do believe that is all to say for the moment though! As stated before though, I'm mostly looking for overwatch roleplayers for the time being, but there are some other genres I'd love to write - and I'm willing and ready to give examples of my writing, as well as hear any plot ideas and such you might have to offer! ^-^

You can contact me via my EMAIL! I'll share my skype there for easier chatting, mostly thanks to my idiocy that my skype name is my full name. Oopsie.

That EMAIL is:
riddlekitten@gmail.com

Thanks once again for taking the time to read my little post here! Apologies if I missed anything... it's been years since I've felt the need to post here. ;___;

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

- Cassi
PMEmail
^
cassichu
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 04:42 AM

Awards:
N/A

- boop -
PMEmail
^
cassichu
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 05:25 PM

Awards:
N/A

- boop -
PMEmail
^
cassichu
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 10:26 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump c:
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs