barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

you don't know me - but you will, lit./adv. long term role play
bhodi
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 08:44 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Who I am

*Bhodi
*20 something
*Loves dogs
*Works with children for a living, so you really need to be a non-child (18+)
*No limits, but definitely prefers a warning before you pull something crazy
*Lit./Adv. writer with about 10 years of on/off role playing experience. Just getting back into it after a long break so bear with me
* Averages 3-5 paragraphs per post
*Not good at quick replies so don't bother if you are impatient.
*Sorry kids but email only

What I'm looking for:

* Probably my favorite thing to role play is anything having to do with seafarers. The 1700's golden age of piracy is a particular highlight for me but then there's also Vikings... so either one would be cool.

* I love a good medieval journey too. Even better if fantasy is involved, but its not necessary.

* You probably noticed all of those fall into a historical fiction category so I'll just go ahead and admit that yeah, that's pretty much my preference. Anything under this genre will probably be cool to me so id you've got a plot I'd love to hear it.

*That said, I can also enjoy a good futuristic role play such as dystopian societies or post-apocalyptic settings. I'm less about zombies, etc. and more about massive natural disasters or fallout from nuclear conflict.

* The only genre I tend to shy away from is modern. I won't do any slice-of-life types, but if the plot is good enough I'll consider something from this setting.

* Also I have just finished playing the recently released God of War sequel and fell in love with that story-line and the universe in general. If anyone would like to do something along the lines of that gods and mythology that would be super cool. I have a preference for the Norse kind but Greek mythology is crazy and fun too.

* Above all else, I'm looking for depth in my plot. I want emotional story-lines driven by conflict, characters that make me FEEL something, and detailed plots that will keep me entertained for months or even years. All role plays have their slower moments, for sure. But for the most part, if replying consistently begins to feel like a chore then I'll probably just call it quits.

So if you think you'd like to role play, post here, send me a PM, or preferably, contact my google mail account bhodibee
PM
^
ellie j.
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 09:19 PM

Awards:
N/A

Hi there! Curious, do you double?
PM
^
bhodi
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 10:35 PM

Awards:
N/A

I can be persuaded to double, yes.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs