barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

trek yourself before you wreck yourself, STAR TREK (TNG) ✨ data/geordi or data/oc
light being 🌟
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 12:17 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hello there! You can call me Aether (or Asha, if you prefer). I've recently been re-watching Star Trek and enjoying all of its amazingness while simultaneously thinking: I have to rp this. So, even though I've been out of the rp game for a while and I'm only just now getting back into it... I'm craving a specific Star Trek rp.

If you want to know more about me my general rp ad can be found here. This one on the other hand I'll make short and sweet! Basically what I'm looking for is a TNG-era rp focused on Data and either Geordi or an oc. I'd love to rp Data alongside an interesting, well-written character; I'd also prefer them to be human because I'd like to explore Data's own personhood and development in juxtaposition with an actual human/half human at least. However if you do have an interesting hook for a non-human character I'm wiling to consider it!

I'm not necessarily focusing on finding a romantic ship (though I definitely won't rule that out). There are just so many types of relationships; even enemies to friends/foils are welcome (and encouraged!). In Geordi's case they could be platonic soulmates or develop romantic feelings. Data adores his smol engineer bff no matter what so I'm not fussy. In the case of an oc I'd love to explore him being a more fatherly/mentor figure but if you're not into that we could do something different. I don't like setting out with a goal in mind when it comes to relationships; imo it's better to let them develop organically and see where it ends up. c: Sometimes it's more undefined and mysterious that way and that's part of the fun!

I should mention that if we do end up with a romantic pairing... I headcanon Data as asexual so no smut pls.

Anyway, we can also bring in npcs/side characters! I love conflict so Lore would be a good choice, or even the Borg if we want things to get really intense. I don't mind veering away from canon where it suits the story so if you're cool with it we could create an intense plot without having to worry too much about it being canonically accurate.

If any of this jives with you feel free to message me! Even if you just have questions. cool.gif
PM
^
light being 🌟
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 07:36 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

* windows XP startup theme *
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs