barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

OTHER RP SEARCH FORUMS?
GREATGOLDENBABY
 Posted: May 10 2016, 09:06 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Not sure if this is against the rules, but I don't always have the best luck here. Trust me, it's the top contender in my arsenal and I'll always search here because I've gotten some FANTASTIC RPs from this site, but does anyone know of any other sites for 1x1 searches? I'm from way back in the Neopets RP Forum times, and I took a break in between and missed the whole transition, so I wasn't able to catch on to many sites. What are your favorites? Must include fandoms! Thanks in advance!
PMEmail
^
XANDER
 Posted: May 10 2016, 11:37 PM

tiefling bard
Group: Admin

Awards:

have you tried looking at the affiliates bar

user posted image

BELATED EDIT: barbermonger pretty much has the market cornered for its genre (1x1 searching w/o registration), and THIS was someone's best attempt at knock-off. as you can see, it is pretty dead. also ugly.

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Rica
 Posted: May 11 2016, 09:04 PM

Awards:

This is a good website for groups and 1x1s and it's rather active. I use both this and Barbermonger for my RP searches. smile.gif

Roleplayer Guild
PM
^
Jimlockian
 Posted: May 15 2016, 09:48 AM

Awards:
N/A

I'm also looking for other places for a 1x1 search. Not a forum to start a RP but one to find partners, like this one.

I've already tried Reddit (which sucks and is like jumping through hoops just to understand all the tags they use!), as well as LiveJournal and Tumblr postings. Barbermonger is great but I need other options since I've spent 2 weeks on here and still have one Walking Dead partner slot. Any site suggestions not said already??
PMWebsite
^
XANDER
 Posted: May 15 2016, 09:32 PM

tiefling bard
Group: Admin

Awards:

have

you

tried

the

affiliates

bar

please confirm you have tried the entire affiliates bar before proceeding

in my random digging i also found this

if you are very genre-focused over partner-focused, i recommend that you consider joining a forum rpg based on your fandom, which will put you in touch with a lot of members of that fandom. for example, look at all these walking dead rpgs. they will probably be brimming over with people interested in your fandom! and maybe you will meet someone on there whom you like, and who will be willing to write individually and off-site with you.

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs