barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Clothes in the Wizarding World, As in, Harry Potter
TheChosenTrash
 Posted: Dec 29 2016, 01:23 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Okay, I don't know if this is the right place for this but I'd really like to talk to some of you seasoned role-players out there! Or any role-players, really tongue.gif So it's been ages since I did Harry Potter RPing--I've tried it off and on for a few years now, but it's pretty difficult to find the right person, you know? That's a discussion for another thread, though xD
So the last time I did a proper Harry Potter RP was when I was probably 15, maybe 16, and thinking back, I really wish I had put more thought into the clothes! At the time, I was definitely on a lower writing level than I am now, as it wasn't until I was about 18 that I started writing replies that were 1-2 paragraphs rather than one fairly short paragraph. As a result, I pretty much never described clothes. Now, describe what my character is wearing most of the time, and I find that my partners do the same, and I really like it! You can tell a lot about a person, and a character, from what they wear. But I'm getting started in a Harry Potter RP now and I'm realizing something... I know NOTHING about Wizarding fashion! J.K. Rowling, I'm going to need you to release a whole book on that, please.
Anyways, I know about different types of cloaks and robes and such, but like, what goes under the cloaks and robes?? Do wizards wear t-shirts or button ups, or something else? What kind of pants do they wear? Jeans, fisherman pants??? Basically, I'd just like to have a discussion about this kind of thing, tell me what you think smile.gif
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs