barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Recipes by Tree, This is going to be a thing, I just know
Treehugger
 Posted: Jul 15 2015, 10:37 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

Third Cup Frozen Hot Chocolate (inspired by Second Cup's wonderful drink)

1 cup milk (2% is preferred)
1/2 cup 10% cream
1 1/2 cups hot chocolate powder (1/2 white hot chocolate and 1/2 regular hot chocolate is best)
1 tray (12-14 cubes) ice cubes
Dollop of whipped cream

Spices to taste - recommended:
-1/2 tbsp cinnamon
-1/2 tbsp nutmeg
-1/2 tbsp vanilla extract

Required equipment: blender

(Step zero: If making your own whipped cream, whip 1/3 cup whipping cream, a small spoon of honey, and a dribble of vanilla extract together on your blender's lowest setting for 20 seconds. Spoon out into a bowl and refrigerate for later. Do not wash out blender before continuing.)

Step one: Pour the milk, cream, hot chocolate powder, spices, and ice cubes into the blender (which will still have a residue of lovely lovely whipped cream). Blend until all ice chunks are broken up. If your blender is not powerful enough to handle that many ice cubes at once, blend them a few at a time or crunch them up with a hammer in a plastic bag first.

Step two: Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream.

Step three: Love yourself for doing this.
PMEmail
^
XANDER
 Posted: Jul 18 2015, 09:50 PM

local advice god
Group: Admin

Awards:

i know what i'm making for my next dessert! :9

keep sharing~

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Treehugger
 Posted: Jul 23 2015, 10:44 PM

Awards:

Potato Salad (For People Who Hate Potato Salad)

1-2 potatoes per person (russet or Yukon Gold preferred)
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp salt + more for seasoning
Garlic & herb cream cheese UIBE (Until It Be Enough)
Caesar salad dressing UIBE
Black pepper, chives, and green onion to taste

Time caution: requires freezing mid-recipe. Do not start from scratch when already hungry!

Step one: Wash and dice potatoes into bite-sized pieces. (Peeling is not recommended, but cut out any large eyes or gross bits.) Drop pieces into a bowl of cold water as you go. Rinse the potato pieces very thoroughly in more cold water before continuing (this removes excess starch, which would quickly turn the potatoes black and awful).

Step two: Drop rinsed potato bits into a large pot (e.g. for spaghetti) of room-temperature water, and set to boil. Add two tablespoons each of vinegar* and salt. Once water reaches a rolling boil, set timer for 5 minutes and reduce to a simmer. Potatoes should slightly resist the tip of a sharp knife when done.

Step three: Drain and allow to cool. Put in freezer-safe container and freeze for at least two hours (preferably overnight). Potatoes will last in the freezer for a good two months, so it's recommended to boil a good-sized batch in advance and stash it in the freezer for later. You will love yourself later for doing this, when you're starving but don't want ramen again.

Step four: Heat oven to 500F. Put potatoes (straight out of the freezer) in a single layer on a cookie sheet (a cast iron pan is best, but they're hard to get) and bake for 20 minutes. Potato pieces should be soft and pale, but fully edible when done - if they are crunchy or taste 'green' in the middle, keep baking!

Step five: Remove pan/sheet from oven. Add a good-sized dollop of dressing and another of cream cheese, enough to coat the potato pieces thoroughly once melted, and mix. If potatoes cool too much to melt the cream cheese, put back in the oven for a few minutes.

Step six: Season with salt, pepper, and chopped chives and green onions.

Step seven: Kill vampires with your breath alone.

*This is the most amazing kitchen science fact ever. Normally potatoes go mushy when boiled, but adding vinegar raises the acidity in the water and stabilizes the natural pectin inside the potatoes - letting them keep their shape while cooking. I will never make disappointing squishy fries again, and neither will you!

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Bleedpretty
 Posted: Jul 24 2015, 07:50 AM

animal impulses

Awards:

That picture makes me so hungry, it looks amazing!
I had no idea that vinegar did that for potatoes, how interesting!

--------------------
And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs