barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Character Thought Dump
Niki
 Posted: Aug 22 2015, 02:44 AM

Group: Members

Awards:

Because I don't RP anymore but still occasionally have character and/or old ship feels, and because for some reason Xander keeps dragging me back here against my will.

No names. Word vomit.

Occasionally, with the polished clarity that only time and reflection can reveal, the realization that what is us -- this thing marketed as a relationship that neither fully accepts or acknowledges, despite our seeded needs to do so -- is entirely counterfeit. I find myself faced with the realization that though we reside in the same household, consume our vices and share our bodies, we do not exist as a pair. His expectations and mine are comparable, but not compatible; the goals and predestinations that we keep to ourselves are neither unreasonable nor unattainable, and yet there exists an unspoken understanding that we are to pursue them independently, that we are two lives temporarily parallel, here, not intertwined. I don't know anymore if it's guilt or affection between us, and talk is uncomfortable and draining. It's so much easier just to take what he gives me, and restrain the indulgent urge to ask for more, though I need it. I want it.

Maybe it's me. It's probably me. I am, as always, at the slick edge of devastation, and I find it unfair to further unburden myself at his feet when the hospitality is disingenuous and non-mutual. He will not forgive me, and I do not expect him to. I am easy for him and he is . . . predictable.

But the result, I suppose, is that restraint has overwhelmed me with insurmountable distance. I am sorry for that, too.
PM
^
XANDER
 Posted: Aug 22 2015, 11:10 AM

local advice god
Group: Admin

Awards:

because for some reason Xander keeps dragging me back here against my will.

the common thread in all my relationships

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Niki
 Posted: Aug 22 2015, 05:48 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

get out of my self-indulgent crapfest, xander
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs