barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Very Specific Marvel MCU Ship, Ironstrange p l s I beg u
milliona
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 11:45 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Have you ever had a pairing suckerpunch you in the throat?

Because I have, and after watching Infinity War (twice), I am left scraping the bottom of the rarepair barrel in search of any scrap of sustenance to slake my mIGHTY THIRST.

This is where I come to you, my friends, on bended knee, and beg you to assist me in my desperate mission:

PARTAKE WITH ME IN SOME DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS, LONG-TERM, LONG-FORM IRONSTRANGE.

Now, before you agree to indulging in my weird little fantasy, I do want to mention a couple of things.

One:
I'm not... exactly... completely sure what the plot is going to be.
In fact, I have no fucking clue.
But I'll work it out if you give me a chance I swear. We can also totally spitball some half-assed ideas until something viable sticks that's also good.

Two:
I don't like grimdark tales of woe and angst.
No overly melodramatic, sad and wooby boys here.
They're a pair of grown-ass men with a slew of various complexes I won't pretend I can always keep them in-character but let's not jump off the deep end here trying to win the edgy olympics.
Given who the characters are I understand that substance abuse and addiction will more than likely come up, be discussed, and undoubtedly written about, but there is no reason to boil the rp down to Just that (see point three).

Three:
Happy endings are r e q u i r e d.
There, I said it.
I roleplay as a form of escapism and I don't want shitty real life stuff getting in the way of two of my favorite characters falling in love and being together.
I want them to defeat the evil and then smooch a lot like let's stop pretending we're all HP Lovecraft and existential horror.

Four:
I would prefer to play Strange, but I have definitely played Stark a lot and also have a decent handle on his character.

Five:
Mutual pining is a Top Tier trope and should definitely feature heavily at the start of our rp.

Six:
Things're gonna get Spicy. If you are unwilling to play through NSFW scenes then the show cannot go on.
Six-point-five:
While we're here and talking about it, I am a big proponent of switching and I hope you are too.

Seven:
If my nonsense hasn't scared you off, please email me at sectith@gmail.com

And to recap (AKA TLDR):
One very desperate gay seeks lighthearted, character-focused rp featuring Marvel's Ironman and Doctor Strange. Enjoys soft content and occasional villain-fighting. Does not handle major character death, adultery, or rape well. Likes banter. And magic. And robots.

Thank you for your attention and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you, friends.
I promise my writing is better than this and can provide samples if needed.
PMEmail
^
Milliona
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:51 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

Bump
^
Milliona
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 11:55 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

Bump
^
milliona
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 01:05 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
Milliona
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 08:57 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

Bump
^
milliona
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 05:29 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
Frankie
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 12:03 AM

Awards:
N/A

Psst. I'd be willing to do this.
PM
^
Itme
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 03:26 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

Bump
^
Milliona
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 02:32 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

Hello friends I am back to bump this up
If you contacted me in the past and I disappeared please feel free to reach out to me again if you would like to.
If you haven't contacted me, what are you waiting for?? This is like. THE new hotness. OTP right here.
You know you want to.

Or I'm just desperate and projecting.
Please.
Message me.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs