barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

.wild thoughts
sirenandivy
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 12:42 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hey, I'm Emmy,

25 years old and in the eastern timezone and have been rp-ing for well over ten years now.

What I'm ALWAYS looking for is depth and flaws in characters and their relationships. All the angst, please! That said, a few genre and fandom ideas are included below, though please do not feel limited or hesitate to suggest something that you do not see.

NOTE: If we had a stellar plot and I fell off the face of the earth PLEASE hit me up. Grad school has WRECKED me this past semester and I'm only now slowly putting together the pieces in my life. >.<[/b]

||CRAVING: morally dubious characters and hate-hate relationships

||GENRES:
+ Historical: I'm always up for ideas, though my background knowledge and interests are mostly in 20th c. history, but I'd be down for 1800s New York city or Paris if you're willing to deal with a bit of a learning curve on my end.
+ Science-Fiction/Fantasy: I prefer to have elements of science-fiction and fantasy embedded into a plot as opposed to having it be the driving force. If you're at all confused, we can talk it over. But give me Westworld AI realness and I'm your girl.
+ Modern/Slice of Life: give me characters with history, may-december romance, tragedy, etc.
+ Mythology: Greek? Roman? Egyptian? Yes please
+ Supernatural: I'm much more picky when it comes to this genre, but bring me your non-sparkling vampires and maybe we can make it work.
+ Fluff: It doesn't all have to be angst and grit. Hit me with a coffee shop scene and missed connections. Why not?

I've got a few potential plots rattle around in my head if you'd like to hear those as well! Just mention so in your email.

||LIMITS:
+ I have very few to none (a-ok with language, smut, as well most kinks), but this is something we can discuss in further detail with regard to specific plots!

||CHARACTERS:
+ I love exploring a range of characters and like to have a variety of them within a single plot be it in the form of 'doubling' or side/supporting characters, etc but it's not a necessity.
+ I'm partial to mxf and fxf pairings
+ Pleeeease, give me depth, drama, conflict, etc. I enjoy nothing more than really working out character ideas and interpersonal relationships!
+ I'm a sucker for face claims and pinterest, but it's certainly not something I require...though I'll most likely share!

||LENGTH:
+ I'm not big on going on and on for the sake of it. My focus is on the quality of the post itself rather than the length. I can go on and on, but in turn that means I won't be able to respond as frequently. At this point in my life I'm looking for an rp that moves through the plot versus writing a novel length response each time.

||EMAIL/GCHAT:
sirenandivy@gmail.com

Tell me about yourself and if you have any ideas for plots or characters. I love hashing the details of an rp almost as much as I love writing 'em! Above all, what I'm looking for is a partner who is willing to chat a bit ooc, is consistent, and long-term.
PM
^
Semper_Idem__
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 02:40 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

I assume you are female? Sent you an email btw
^
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 03:23 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

bump !
^
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 07:04 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

Sent an email, no reply yet.
^
sirenandivy
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 05:50 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump !
PM
^
sirenandivy
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 07:47 PM

Awards:
N/A

| bump
PM
^
sirenandivy
 Posted: May 28 2018, 07:04 PM

Awards:
N/A

| bump
PM
^
 Posted: May 28 2018, 07:21 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

Do you do fxf? Greys Anatomy? Willing to double with another couple that is canon or OC, or a combo, fxf or mxf smile.gif
^
sirenandivy
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 06:42 PM

Awards:
N/A

| bump
PM
^
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 01:51 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

sent an email on May 29th, no reply!
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs