barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Random confessions, Maybe this is stupid, maybe this is fun
Becksthewolf
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 07:01 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

I miss my ex girlfriend even though she was hell abusive.

I am such a people pleaser that I will do things even though I don't want to.
PM
^
XANDER
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 10:24 AM

tiefling bard
Group: Admin

Awards:

i wish people were less nervous around me but i don't know how to put them at ease without sounding fake

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
always_xo
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 12:51 PM

Awards:
N/A

One of the only concrete things I've ever wanted in life is a dog.

I'm moving across the state to transfer schools but I'm leaving my dream jobs behind.

I've been a Vegetarian for over 11 years.

PM
^
Becksthewolf
 Posted: Aug 28 2015, 11:06 PM

Awards:
N/A

I recently made out with somebody but I regretted it. It was like cyber sex but thier not the person I want. When I told the person that I do want the truth, they basically said we'd never be together because of distance.

Sometimes I purposely forget to take my anti-depressants because I'd rather feel something then nothing at all.
PM
^
abbey
 Posted: Sep 9 2015, 06:23 AM

Awards:

sometimes i feel like i can't depend on anyone but myself.
PMEmail
^
Lar
 Posted: Sep 10 2015, 02:01 PM

viewing online list
Group: Moderator

Awards:

if i actually confessed stuff it would upset people and so i don't.
PMEmailAIM
^
alyeska
 Posted: Sep 12 2015, 10:53 AM

trash prince

Awards:

QUOTE (Lar @ Sep 10 2015, 02:01 PM)

^^^
sometimes i tell people honest things without any real expectations, but more often than not they tell me they 'don't know how to respond to (me)' or 'don't know what to do when (i) say these things'
sometimes they ask me what game i'm playing.
or what reaction i'm hoping for.
sometimes they flat out ask me why i say these things.
or if i'm trying to upset or frustrate everyone.

it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize people prefer pleasant lies to uncomfortable honesty, but i (eventually) learned to swallow the truth and replace it with boring lies to appease the people around me.

still, sometimes i get those looks, or those questions again, and i know i've fucked up and said too much. i've learned it's better to say nothing than too much. even this feels wrong, like i should delete the whole thing and shut up.
PMEmail
^
abbey
 Posted: Sep 12 2015, 06:06 PM

Awards:

QUOTE (Lar @ Sep 10 2015, 02:01 PM)

QUOTE (alyeska @ Sep 13 2015, 01:53 AM)
^^^
sometimes i tell people honest things without any real expectations, but more often than not they tell me they 'don't know how to respond to (me)' or 'don't know what to do when (i) say these things'
sometimes they ask me what game i'm playing.
or what reaction i'm hoping for.
sometimes they flat out ask me why i say these things.
or if i'm trying to upset or frustrate everyone.

it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize people prefer pleasant lies to uncomfortable honesty, but i (eventually) learned to swallow the truth and replace it with boring lies to appease the people around me.

still, sometimes i get those looks, or those questions again, and i know i've fucked up and said too much. i've learned it's better to say nothing than too much. even this feels wrong, like i should delete the whole thing and shut up.

i think that most of the time, when people say 'i don't know what to say to that' in response to something you've told them, what they mean is 'i don't know how to soothe you' or 'i don't know how to fix the problem'. we're taught that the end of a conversation should be a return to the status quo; anything that disrupts that throws us off our social balancing beam. often we don't hone our listening (without waiting for our turn to speak) and empathising skills, and some people never do.

it's human nature to be averse to pain and discomfort. however, what you can hopefully do is cultivate a handful of good friends who are happy to listen to you when you need it, even if they can't reach in and fix whatever is bothering you.

you shouldn't just shut up! there are people who want to hear what you have to say, even if it's uncomfortable. it may mean a change of setting, like a quiet sit-down with a friend or therapy.

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Xyshurondor
 Posted: Dec 7 2015, 05:44 PM

Awards:
N/A

Once I broke up with a guy at a KFC. He had brought a dirty stuffed animal he bought at a thrift store as a gift. I did not take it.

I find it hard to wake up in the morning without a cat licking my head. She is incredibly consistent. This makes it difficult when I'm on vacation and have left her with my parents.
PMEmail
^
bambi
 Posted: Jan 6 2017, 12:23 AM

Awards:

From time to time, I check my feet and see if the toes next to my big toes have finally grown longer than the big toes yet.

I just checked, and nope, not yet. The race continues.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs