barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

something new
Ferbie
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 06:51 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Okay, folks. I'm gonna try something new here. Basically, I have an intro I really wanna use. And sort of a plot idea, a vague one.

So what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna post the intro here, and I'm gonna see if I get any return intros from any of you fine folks on the barberboards. Sound like a plan?

A few rules before I post: this is a futuristic fantasy sort of thing, which I can offer more info on if you want to. Please be 18+ if you plan to respond! I have few limits, aside from no rape, underage, waters ports, the basics. This roleplay will not exclusively be smut. There's gonna be a plot.

One intro per person, please! If I even get that lucky, lol.

Next post will have the intro. My contacts are as follows.

Discord: ferbie#5321
Email and Hangouts: crazygermanmonkey@gmail.com
PMEmail
^
Ferbie
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 06:52 PM

Awards:
N/A

"Okay, so, we are definitely... In the right place. I mean, the wrong place, this is terrible, but, like... The Right Place. You know what I mean?"

"I do not. You are confusing and you know this is illegal. You imply somehow that this is where we are meant to be, but it is not. This is a terrible idea."

"Yeah, you keep saying that, big guy, but you're still out here with us, so I feel like you definitely don't mean it all that much."

They crouch beside a hollowed out skeleton of a machine, something that might have once been a wagon, a chariot, some grand means of conveyance, now nothing more than a rusted old ruin of a world lost to time. Sophie might have found something poetic about that, if she weren't so occupied with figuring out just where it is they're supposed to be looking for this thing. The book was hardly specific- "the bleached bone of an ancient creature, by time unchanged", honestly, no one spoke like that- but she has a pretty good idea of what they were looking for.

Not everyone knows about the Skeleton Hounds that prowl around in areas like this, or at least, no one who isn't training to delve into ruins to find what's worth keeping. Sophie Cartos has done extensive research on this stuff, particularly where it concerns ingredients for her charms. And oh, what a charm this will be.

She peers down at the map through dark brown eyes, biting her lower lip as she considers their next move. The map itself cost her an arm and a leg- Golff will forgive her, he's a lizard and they grew back- but she considers it worth its weight in gold, or maybe more. Shows the layout of this particular ruin, the Forbidden Ruins, creative name, some known delving spots, and the general areas that dangerous creatures are known to congregate. That bit's meant to help people avoid confrontation, but for their purposes, they need to actively seek it out.

Which explains why Rosto is making such a big deal, or, it sort of does. He's a healer and he doesn't like violence, but he's also seven feet tall, covered in cerulean fur, and he's got horns and claws and a tail. If anyone looks like they can put up a fight, he does.

Maybe not now though, when he's crouched low and holding onto the strap of his medical supply back, pointed ears perked for any sign of dangerous, orange eyes glowing faintly in the light. Sophie rolls her eyes. Mountain trolls.

"Listen." she says, pushing up the wide brim of her pointed hat to look at both her friends. Her inky black hair is pulled back into a bun and there's a faint flush to her brown skin that makes it seem like she's really enjoying this. "If we go in low and quiet, we can definitely get what we're looking for. One little bone! They shed, you know, when they find better ones, so it won't be too much trouble. We just need to find a shed that's relatively recent. If we do it right, they won't even know we were there. Don't worry so much, okay? You're giving me bad vibes."

"I do not understand what vibrations have to do with this, good or bad. It is a dangerous plan and will likely end in injury or-"

"Oooh my god, shut up. Ugh. Hey- can you talk some sense into the fretting blueberry, here?"
PMEmail
^
Ferbie
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 09:54 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
Ferbie
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 08:55 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
Ferbie
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 01:39 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
Ferbie
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 07:48 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
Ferbie
 Posted: May 3 2017, 10:17 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs