barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

species of roleplayers
XANDER
 Posted: Dec 1 2015, 01:36 PM

tiefling bard
Group: Admin

Awards:

you there, brave adventurer -- yes, you! i do mean you! i can see you have been exploring these lands quite some time now, bravely seeking that lofty goal of good, long-term writing. no doubt you have encountered many creatures on your travels? and surely you have recorded your encounters, perhaps in a journal, or simply the journal of your mind? tell me what you have found, fellow traveler! share your experiences! and i shall tell you a few of my own.

(please note this is all in good fun)

Talks Big, Writes Small
  • the Talks Big Writes Small will lure you in a fancy vocabulary, a very long character application, or a very slick ad. Talks Big wants you to know They Are A Real Writer, and they are a Very Good Writer to boot. they been workin' at it ever since they came to this planet and they make sure to tell you. but when you get in there and start writing with them... suddenly, their writing is Not So Big. maybe it's okay, maybe it's outright bad -- and you never have the heart to tell them. you find yourself quickly "overwhelmed by greatness" and back away slowly.
Read My Mind
  • Read My Minds come in many different subspecies, which i invite you to discuss. the common arc of the Read My Mind is that they really do want you to read their mind -- usually writing the perfect opposing character for their character, for the perfect One True Pairing. Read My Minds will be quick to lose patience and interest if you do not march to the beat of their drum. that's fine! one day, someone will read their mind...

do tell of your own experiences, fellow roleplayers! add to the dossier of roleplayer species~

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs