barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

an empty room, an open window, original cravings
alfoxdens
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:49 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

hi. i'm wil.

i am:

female
est (gmt-5)
21+
a proud cat mom
lazy af

basically looking for active partners for casual word count rp's and high emotional investment in characters and pairings.
i only roleplay over email but we can talk about messengers (discord, skype, etc) for ooc if that's what you're into. i write
multiple genders and prefer playing multiple characters (mains and otherwise) within a single rp. talk to me about your
pairing and doubling prefs. just know i'm probably going to want to play as female in a mxf pair. beyond that, i'm open
to all ships.

ps. talk to me about faceclaims (i will probably use whoever you want if you're someone who likes specific fc's), playlists,
aesthetics, headcanons, hypothetical scenarios, etc. i love nothing more than getting super invested in characters, couples,
settings, and so on.

i'm only looking for original rp's atm but i'm down for ripping off canon settings. if there's some media you wanna steal the
universe for and throw our characters in, just let me know. if i'm not familiar with it, i'll look it up.

here's an idea of what i'm after right now:

detective/police drama: i've been on a big big detective show/true crime kick lately. and by lately i mean for my whole life.
give me your grizzled, beaten-down detectives and police chiefs, your femme fatales, your wide-eyed rookies, your nosy
journalists, your internal corruption, and your most aesthetic settings. wanna head to the cliffs of dorset like in broadchurch?
let's go. wanna head down to the deep south like true detective? i'm on it. wanna go somewhere completely other and weird?
pack your bags, sally, we're headin' out.

stranger things-esque suburban sci-fi
: could be related to detective/police drama and probably the one exception to me only
wanting originals. if you wanna play jim hopper for me then i will absolutely do a full canon stranger things rp (as long as you
don't expect me to ship the younguns). otherwise anything along the lines of spooky things happening in quiet neighbourhoods,
small towns where nothing ever happens and then suddenly everything happens. cryptids, outsiders getting tangled up,
missing kids, and unexplained phenomena. you know the drill.

campus novels/the secret history-based
: picturesque quads and irresponsible young adults. ideally set in the 60s-90s, but
willing to consider modern. spoiled rotten brats doing dreadful things. questionable relationships with the classics and a strict
belief that beauty is terror. again, this could fall into the detective category partially if the kids go full secret history and kill
someone in a bacchic frenzy or push someone down a ravine, but we don't have to go down that road.

small town gothic/slice of life: i'm not really sure what to call this? like slice of life but specifically of the sort that takes place in
absolute shithole towns. major themes to include busted marriages, substance abuse, broken homes, single parents struggling
to make ends meet, petty crime, not-so-petty-crime, good people doing bad things for the right or wrong reasons, etc?

i'm also high key into other, less conceptualised forms of slice of life. give me all your troubled relationships and cool settings,
your gloomy towns full of colourful characters, and melancholy soundtracks. in general (with noted exceptions above) i prefer
characters who are older (at least 25 and more often 30+) and settings that are not modern though, as i said, i'm willing to make
exceptions. right now my main kick is 1960s-1990s. i'm willing to do other historical periods. gimme grey, barren, windswept
bronte landscapes and pristine austen parlours and the glitz and fast cars of fitzgerald's '20s and the smoke and sparkle of
the golden age of film and i'll be a very happy gal. honestly just throw your ideas at me. the worst i can do is say no.

if it helps, here's a list of things i'm not looking for: future/dystopian/apocalyptic settings; fantasy (medieval or otherwise); werewolves
or vampires; pwp or kink-centric stuff; fetishisation of abuse, mental illness, race, LGBTQ+ persons; power imbalance ships like
teacher x student, therapist x patient, etc; illegal age gaps.

if you've gotten this far and think we can work something out, hit me up. my email is alfoxdens@gmail.com. please give me an
idea of the sort of rp you want and tell me a little about yourself when you first get in touch.
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 09:20 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 06:25 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 07:22 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 09:09 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

indulge me.
^
Wrangler
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 12:36 PM

Dragon King
Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Interested
PMEmail
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 03:54 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs