barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

one // one, (insert fancy quote here)
may-queen
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:23 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

yes hello my name is katie and i'm looking for a few role plays to occupy my time in between classes, homework, and other life obligations! but before i get anymore into this post i want to let anyone who recognizes me know that yes, i'm still interested in our role play i'm just awful at responding and then i feel really bad when a week or so has passed and then i just don't respond at all because i feel like you hate me, SO if you have a message from me sitting in your inbox or just want to hit me up again please do so!!! i'm so sorry, i'm trying my best to be better at responding on time and like. still responding even when a lot of time has passed.

anyway! yes. here's just a few things i'd like you to know before you contact me/read any further:
- m/f and f/f are the only pairings i'll do, it's just what i'm most comfortable with.
- with that being said i really, really prefer to play male in m/f pairings but if you're not down for that please say so! it's not a requirement that you always play female, it's just a personal preference
- i'd like this to be over email or google docs, but i can consider discord or another form of IM if you really, REALLY need me to
- i'm not huge into doubling, i'm sorry :'(
- i also don't have really any limits besides like. the illegal stuff and hardcore kink/BDSM
- i don't give a flying fuck how lengthy your responses are as long as there's enough for me to work with! like my god it's not the end of the world if you send me one liners, i'll probably do the same from time to time!
- our role play has to have romance in it, tbh that's what keeps it interesting for me. i'm totally down for other action/horror/what have you elements but there's gotta be some romance!
- please be at least 18, preferably over 21
- and like i sort of touched on at the very beginning, i honestly do have trouble responding in a timely way. i'm in school full time (i'm taking 15 credits this term rip) and i have boyfriend and friends and ya know, other life stuff. i get distracted and just plain forget sometimes, so please don't hesitate to remind me! and tbh if you're comfortable with it and live in the US i'd be down to exchange other communication details to keep in better contact than just email!
- uh i think that's it? if you could just lemme know what your time zone is that would be super helpful! i'm in PST

genres/pairings are next i suppose! it's kind of hard to come up with a concrete list because a lot of what i like can be overlapped with other genres and pairings but i'll try my best! and if you don't see something you'd like to do please let me know! i'm pretty open to trying new things and i'll always be down to hear your own ideas and plots. so:

literally anything with vampires, witches, demons, werewolves, angels, etc. literally. anything.
modern/slice of life/tumblr au's? like our characters meet in a coffee shop or an art gallery and fall in love or one them answers an ad in the newspaper for a roommate or job/gig then they both develop a relationship and fall in love. basically anything fluffy but with plenty of room for drama and angst-y stuff
i also really like ~forbidden~ romances like:
professor/student
doctor/patient or doctor/nurse
boss/employee
kind of anything that's taboo/out of the ordinary i guess

i know it isn't a lot, but like i mentioned before i'm pretty dang open to anything you suggest. i'll say though, i'm not big into fandoms (i'll consider harry potter if you've got a good plot/idea) or high fantasy/sci fi.

the best way to contact me atm is my email, tirgoviste@outlook.com

and that's basically it! please lemme know if you have any questions and what not, and i can't wait to hear from you!

PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
may-queen
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 07:21 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

bump!

p.s. i'm REALLY craving some sort of f/f pairing. like...

two girls have been best friends since they were children. girl A comes out to girl B when they're a bit older and girl B accepts girl A for who she is and doesn't give it a lot of thought until they get a little older. girl B starts to realize she has feelings for girl A but isn't sure how to tell her or express it, especially because girl A is romantically involved with someone. but maybe girl A has always had feelings for girl B and just never said anything because she knew she wouldn't reciprocate.

idk!! i think this could involve a lot of drama and fluff at the same time and i love it. and really any other plot ideas or w/e involving gay ladies i'm totally down for.
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs