barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

—— hello, stranger., super spooky original search
alfoxdens
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 10:01 AM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

hi. i'm wil.

i am:

female
est (gmt-5)
21+
a proud cat mom
lazy af

basically looking for active partners for casual word count rp's and high emotional investment in characters and pairings.
i only roleplay over email and gdocs but happy to use discord for ooc. i write multiple genders and prefer playing multiple
characters (mains and otherwise) within a single rp. talk to me about your pairing and doubling prefs. just know i'm going
to want to play as female in a mxf pair. beyond that, i'm open to all ships (so, if that wasn't clear, i will be playing a female
oc in an mxf ship, but if we're doubling, i will play whatever gender in whatever ship you want
).

ps. talk to me about faceclaims (i will probably use whoever you want if you're someone who likes specific fc's), playlists,
aesthetics, headcanons, hypothetical scenarios, etc. i love nothing more than getting super invested in characters, couples,
settings, and so on.

i'm only looking for original rp's atm but i'm down for ripping off canon settings. if there's some media you wanna steal
the universe for and throw our characters in, just let me know. if i'm not familiar with it, i'll look it up.

here's an idea of what i'm after right now:

detective/police drama: i've been on a big big detective show/true crime kick lately. and by lately i mean for my whole
life. give me your grizzled, beaten-down detectives and police chiefs, your femme fatales, your wide-eyed rookies, your
nosy journalists, your internal corruption, and your most aesthetic settings. wanna head to the cliffs of dorset like in
broadchurch? let's go. wanna head down to the deep south like true detective? i'm on it. wanna go somewhere new and
weird? pack your bags, sally, we're headin' out.

stranger things-esque suburban sci-fi: could be related to detective/police drama. to the tune of stranger things/dark/etc.
anything along the lines of spooky things happening in quiet neighbourhoods,small towns where nothing ever happens and
then suddenly everything happens. cryptids, outsiders getting tangled up, missing kids, and unexplained phenomena. you
know the drill.

campus novels/the secret history-based: picturesque quads and irresponsible young adults. ideally set in the 60s-90s,
but willing to consider modern. spoiled rotten brats doing dreadful things. questionable relationships with the classics and
a strict belief that beauty is terror. again, this could fall into the detective category partially if the kids go full secret history
and kill someone in a bacchic frenzy or push someone down a ravine, but we don't have to go down that road.

small town gothic/slice of life: i'm not really sure what to call this? like slice of life but specifically of the sort that takes
place in absolute shithole towns. major themes to include busted marriages, substance abuse, broken homes, single
parents struggling to make ends meet, petty crime, not-so-petty-crime, good people doing bad things for the right or
wrong reasons, etc? could be comfined with suburban sci-fi.

victorian/edwardian/historical gothic: spooky isolated estates and skeletons in the closet; paranormal activity and
hidden fortunes; vengeful ex-(ghost)wives; humans are the real monsters and the house is alive, etc. basically i've
just seen crimson peak too many times and read too much 19th century lit. gimme all the brooding heroes and
ingenious heroines and tropes and reversed tropes and spooky settings, please.

i'm also high key into other, less conceptualised genres. just give me all your troubled relationships and cool settings
with appropriately moody soundtracks and interesting characters and i'll be pretty happy. in general, i prefer characters
who are a little older (at least 25 and more often 30+), with some exceptions, and settings that are not-quite-modern,
though i'm also willing to make exceptions here. i love pretty much anything historical, with particular fondness for the 19th/
early 20th century (i didn't list it above but the glitz and flash of the fitzgeraldian 20s and the angst-ridden glam of old
hollywood are two other faves) and the 1960s-1990s.

if it helps, here's a list of things i'm not looking for: future/dystopian/apocalyptic settings; fantasy (medieval or otherwise);
pwp or kink-centric stuff; fetishisation of abuse, mental illness, race, LGBTQ+ persons; power imbalance ships like teacher
x student, therapist x patient, etc; illegal or otherwise gross age gaps.

if you've gotten this far and think we can work something out, hit me up. my email is alfoxdens@gmail.com. please give
me an idea of the sort of rp you want and tell me a little about yourself when you first get in touch. i also have discord so
if you'd like me to add you just drop your tag in your email!
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 07:30 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 07:28 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 11:17 AM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
alfoxdens
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 08:43 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

woosh
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs