barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

BOOZEMONGER, the drinking thread
mellery
 Posted: Feb 28 2016, 09:28 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

Heyyyy boozers! Okay here's a dirty list of what Mellery shoves in her face.

CIDER
Strongbow because it's cheap
Rekorderlig because it's FRUITY it doesn't taste like alcohol
Anything that's called scrumpy or cloudy

WINE
In scotterland i found this thing, it's a fruit wine they make here, it's very strong and it hurts and it's great

user posted image

I see a lot of old men drinking it so it must be good! My sort-of uncle also makes his own wine and i drink that
I also drink anything sparkling like this chilean sparkling strawberry wine which i love and always have for my birthday

user posted image

OTHER
Vodka, usually Glens because it's cheap
Gin because I am very much a gin uncle
Anything horrible and sweet like cinnamon vodka or liqueur
This thing where you mix cider and blue WKD, it's called Magic
This other thing where you mix orange juice, vodka, pernod, galliano. Called an Attitude Adjuster
One more thing where you put absinthe and buckfast together which i've not tried but heard is GOOD or DEATH
PMEmail
^
bird
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 12:09 AM

number one dad

Awards:

i am reviving this thread because 1. how did it get to august without me talking about booze and 2. i must drink this old man fruit wine

BOOZE AWAY, BOOZEMONGERS

i have been drinking a lot of rum, rum punch, and bourbon lately, but here's a nice summer highball that has served me really well at parties and is super tangy and refreshing:

variations on a pearl button

2 oz. cachaca
3/4 oz. lillet blanc or rose (the white one is tastier and more interesting, the pink one is prettier)
1/2 oz. lime juice
2 oz. one of those san pellegrino italian sodas -- we mostly messed around with the lemon and the blood orange one. lemon is best.

combine the first three in a cocktail shaker, pour over ice and top with the last one. you can also just make a caipirinha but that's more 'hipster at a barbecue' and this is more 'hipster at a summer dinner party where you gotta dress nice'. garnish with a citrus wheel of some variety.

other good things i have discovered: saisons! i failed to take a picture of the really good ones i've had lately, and i sort of am ashamed of buying them because they are the purview of beer hipsters (but who am i kidding) -- but they do everything you want a summer beer to do. they're tangy! they're fruity! they're refreshing! they get you shitfaced! well done, saisons. well done.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
bruntouchable
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 04:46 PM

Awards:

Deleted.
PMEmail
^
bird
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 03:19 PM

number one dad

Awards:

super late post, but honestly i'd go for a clear alcohol (unflavoured vodka or gin or tequila or something) and some kind of fruit juice or similar mixer? that way you can control the amount of alcohol and your only concern is picking a mixer that doesn't aggravate your symptoms. maybe get some carbonation there through soda/tonic water or even prosecco (which is light as hell and great on its own). but i could get how that could get boring, and idk -- is it the shit in darker alcohol that really aggravates you? or just the caffeine and artificial sweeteners and colouring in something like a soda drink?

also, boozemongers! it's fall! time to bust out the boozy hot chocolate and cider and hot toddy recipes. i'm so glad it's finally cold enough for a proper irish coffee.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs