barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

BARBERMONGER EVENTS?, movie nights, writing jams, gaming, etc?
Lar
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 07:49 AM

viewing online list
Group: Moderator

Awards:

i love barbermonger and i would love to have more opportunities for us to get together as a community and do things! i think a lot of us are on board but it's hard to get everyone together for activities unless we know when they're going to be in advance. maybe we could start a barbermonger newsletter with scheduled activities to build community activity? we'd have to shuffle scheduling around pretty regularly to account for people in other timezones or with differing schedules BUT i think if one or two people stepped up to make it happen it would be doable.

some ideas i had for scheduleable activities:

writing jams

movie nights (maybe DOCUMENTARY NIGHT to get the brains chugging or HORROR NIGHT so we can all hold each others' hands and blubber in the dark or B-MOVIE NIGHT so we can get all mystery science theater on some crap)

game nights! cards against humanity or that one online pictionary we used to play or steam game club or.... idk, seems like a lot of us are gamers in some sense or another and it would be neat to get us all together for mass silliness

throwback rps! wolves, gifted, those shitty egg hatching rps that used to be all the rage, maybe topics determined by community poll?

writing challenges of some sort?

character development threads

and i am of course open to any other ideas people want to throw out there! i'm willing to take on a position as ~events coordinator~ or w/e if there's interest.

NOTE: i know some of these things already happen organically which is GREAT and would absolutely continue, but it would be nice to have advance notice on some of it so the community can know when the HOT TIMES on barbermonger are gonna happen.
PMEmailAIM
^
Bleedpretty
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 08:06 AM

animal impulses
Group: Members

Awards:

I think this is a great idea! I'd love to try and participate more. It can be rough with schedules but I think varying times would help.
I keep meaning to participate in the writing jams but I never seem to have enough time to dedicate to it.

There was also the cards against humanity that we played once here and that was really fun. Though maybe not for everyone.

...I'll try to muse on more ideas as well.

--------------------
And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.
PMEmail
^
abbey
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 08:07 AM

Awards:

user posted image
PMEmail
^
bird
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 08:10 AM

number one dad

Awards:

omg throwback rps

i am so into this!
maybe a recurring weekly thread for some of the writing development things or writing challenges? also I love the idea of themed movie nights

if this gets off the ground i would be happy to help out with some of that stuff!
PMAIM
^
abbey
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 08:45 AM

Awards:

here is your new barbercalendar! we already have some events being planned by our illustrious members, and you can add your own by clicking into any day and time.

this calendar should automatically synchronise with your time zone.
PMEmail
^
Lucyfer
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 06:12 PM

Awards:

Someone host Cards Against Humanities things, and I'll be in >.>

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs