barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Historically Mind Roleplays? Or maybe HP?, Cheerful, eager writer inside!
keytar
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 03:05 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hello, all!

I'm looking for a few specific things. Firstly, about me. I'm a girl in my late twenties who has been writing and roleplaying since childhood. I use this as a bit of stress relief from my rather intense work life. I enjoy writing and reading and I love finding partners who do the same. I try to put a lot of effort into my writing and character development because I want you to genuinely enjoy things.

I have no heistantions about playing either male or female characters and I have a strong preference for doubling. Or more. I have a love of characters and it's nothing for me to pick up multiple side characters as well and the occasional handful of main characters to keep things interesting. Each roleplay is different, however.

I have few limits about content. Cursing, violence, drug use... These things all happen in real life, I see no need to shy away from them in writing. My only heistation tends to be with sexual content. I'm fine with the content, however I tend to fade to black with most sex scenes. They tend to bore me after a while in longer roleplays. I write smut from time to time but I prefer to keep my smut separate from my in depth writing. It just feels weird to mix the two. I'm flexible on this, however. smile.gif

Onto genres.

I started watching Poldark again and it has me in a somewhat historical mood at the moment. I would really love to get something going that explored the Revolutionary War period... Be it just before the start of the war, during or just after as things are being put back together. Spies, soldiers, noblemen and politician's daughters... All players in a delightful political dance.

My historical tastes aren't limited to the Revolution, however. I enjoy Western stories, Victorian period pieces, Medieval era magic and even the odd bits of Royalist exploration during various ages. Just let me know what you might be interested in.

My other interest at the moment, that is an almost constant interest, is a Harry Potter themed roleplay. I'm most interested in something with original characters at the moment but I'm quite experienced with many canons and don't have an issues playing any for you if you prefer going that way. I would really enjoy going Post-War and exploring a completely fresh plot ourselves with OCs however, again I'm almost always up for anything in this genre. Marauders Era is also another favorite.

Right now, I prefer to write over email but I have hangouts to chat of you're into that. I enjoy talking and getting to know my partner so don't be afraid to be friendly. smile.gif My email is keytarlovesong@gmail.com

UPDATE!!! I recently saw Atomic Blonde and would also totally be down for something during the Cold War. I love stuff dealing with spies, double agents and secrets... So, if any of that floats your boat hit me up. I can totally think of a couple of ways to work this into a HP plot as well!
PM
^
keytar
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 06:18 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Bump!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs