barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

let's write together!, star wars, multi-pairings, low fant, etc
knox
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 11:52 PM

basically a ghost
Group: Members

Awards:

i actually have some free time so you best believe i've got a hankering for

a character driven role play

what???
y
es

hey, i'm k !! (because i'm just okay) i am a twenty-something something or other who works and studies full-time in a stupidly overpriced american city. my favorite pastimes include walking meditation, collecting minerals, and spending prolonged periods of time staring at the moon. otherwise, i sweat stress. of the venomous sort you'd want to bottle and throw at your enemies in a first person shooter. and so sometimes i will not respond for a few. under better conditions i like to maintain a good volley. as for length/frequency? let's put it this way: the less seriously i feel i need to take a rp the more often i'll reply! if that makes sense. (sidenote: i dig a bare bones plot, but slice of life is also nice!)

that character driven rp tho

THINGS I LIKE:
all pairings of all varieties (let's discuss)
cyberpunk
extradimensional mirrors
fairy tales and folklore
gender fluidity
loosely historical settings
low fantasy (and all that that entails)
neo-noir
respecting limits (let's discuss also)
sailor moon
shadow people
space opera
space pirates
studio ghibli
super powered ladies
surrealism (lewis carroll meets leonora carrington)
STAR WARS
vampires (p.s. space vampires are totally my aesthetic)
weird biblical type shit
witches/witchcraft

THINGS I AM CAPABLE OF WRITING:
a chef struggling with vampirism
a plucky, ebony skinned alien princess
a young man and his bogey monster
a recluse with regenerative cells
a rustic who communicates with trees by way of stethoscope
a team of vampire transporters:

Denise shifts in the cold, leather seat. Tsks, “Nah, c’mon. Not this shit again.”

Arashi taps a yellowed fingernail against the dashboard, strokes three shadows of zeroes on the LCD display, where the clock should be.

“Think I’m wrong?” He smiles, teeth the color of grained Dijon, molars and incisors too improbable for those thin, colorless lips he has. “Check.”

Denise shields her iPhone screen with the lapel of her stiff winter coat. Arashi makes a sharp (and probably illegal) u-turn onto a wary stretch of road. Another sign passes her by as Denise scrunches her nose at the screen.

“So?” Asks Arashi.

She cranes her neck at him. Arashi in his Agent Smith shades, looking twice as smug, and cheap, though Heavens knows nothing cheap could produce so vivid and accurate a reflection. Denise catches an image of herself scowling in the gray, ovular mirrors of Arashi’s lenses, right down to the freckles caught between her frown lines.

“So fucking what?” She snaps.

Arashi leers a little, teeth laughing, threatening to puncture the bed of his lip as they keep his cigarette in place.

“Told you,” he says, plumes of smoke snaking through his grin.

Denise rolls down the window. Her eyes- she rolls those, too.

"Shut the fuck up Arashi,” she grumbles and jabs a thumb in the sun’s direction.

“Then why’d you ask?”

Denise just stares at him, and then she sees her expression in Arashi’s lenses, and for a split second she truly believes that she can make out the last few traces of herself on the night she first stepped into his white Chevy. The little hairs sprinkled across the coiled brown nubs of Denise Lewis’ fists, frozen arrow straight by the cold. Miss D standing in a frosted garden patch, wind whistling at her through the displaced windows, somewhere she isn't supposed to be. Not someone like her. She looks scared.

Arashi stops smiling when she doesn’t answer. After a while, he shrugs and lights another cigarette, and Denise grunts, turning in against the car door, resolving to watch the trees streak by until they stop again, until Arashi comes to joggle the sleep out of her. Then she’d find another mirror and tell herself different.

~

“I dunno,” Arashi says, “I have plenty of time. In fact, time is all I have, really. If you really think about it, Dee. You know? Do any real solid thinking lately?”

He pauses to light his cigarette and takes a needlessly long drag, inhales until half the cigarette is ash.

~

The same trees pass for fifteen minutes. The same barnyard houses plotted in the stone walls that rise on either side of them like a super-dome. The same tired porches, the same tumbledown attics. Attics with eyes that mourn.

Denise feels the coffee grounds in her teeth. She knocks back another mouthful of cold coffee and regards Arashi curiously. Arashi and his wide-set, impenetrable sunglasses. He adjusts them with his free hand, tips the visor a little further down.

~

“So, Arashi,” Denise says, “How come you’re driving this van instead of riding in it? What makes you so special? You a half breed or some shit?”

Arashi smiles again.

“Nope. I have an evolutionary advantage,” he says, grinning. “Superiority at the molecular level.”

“Superior my ass.”

Arashi, grinning: “We don’t reproduce, is what I’m saying. If that’s what you’re asking.”

Denise turns in her seat and smirks. “I get what you're saying. You got a dead dick, too, huh? That's what I'm asking.”

“Want to find out?”

Denise hisses. “Fuck outta here.”

~

Saxon, beautiful. Hot cocoa skin clouded by a pallor of heavy cream. Maybe mixed once, now looking like just another white boy. Saxon, coming out of his coffin, shaking out his hair.

Denise saw Purple Rain at an outdoor screening in Brooklyn once. She remembers Prince, lakeside, shaking his head at a drenched, mortified Apollonia before ripping away on his motorcycle. Watching Saxon rise out of that velvet plush is like that- and she’s Apollonia. Wet and stupid without knowing why.

“Denise, Denise,” he croons, half-singing, half-speaking. Voice always at a whisper, an octave that makes her skin prickle- like a chill in her shirt collar. A tenor like winter settling in, before it gets real cold.

anything you might suggest
etc

if you're interested please please email me here:
ickeyknox@gmail.com
but know that i'm super open to other rp platforms (:
PM
^
knox
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 12:49 AM

basically a ghost

Awards:

👤

if you have even a rudimentary plot please come to me with it!!
PM
^
knox
 Posted: Aug 13 2018, 10:36 AM

basically a ghost

Awards:

👤

so i've more or less come to the decision that rping via gdocs is just the best?
but there's this OG k#9823 discord thing too and that's rad (y)
PM
^
knox
 Posted: Aug 14 2018, 09:56 AM

basically a ghost

Awards:

👤

boop
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs