barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

hashbrowns [✔️] horror [✔️] homos [✔️] m// + f//, off-kilter plots n' odd couples
tinkerbabble
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 11:49 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

hello! my name is tink and i'm but a simple gremlin looking for a couple new rp partners. i'm 24 years old (and accordingly not comfortable roleplaying with anybody under 18 ), i live in canada, and i work at an events/catering company that i am not entirely convinced isn't literal purgatory. i love horror, homosexuality, being a homosexual horror, bad cartoons, gaudy outfits, good liquor, bad liquor, mid-range liquor, sardonic humour, and earnest conversation. i'm a big ol' cornball with a gooey gay center underneath a powdery dusting of cynicism. i've been roleplaying for a good two thirds of my life, albeit on and off, and not nearly so much in the past few years as i would like.

i'm primarily interested in stuff with at least a touch of an urban fantasy kinda flavour to it, but sci-fi and dystopian/apocalyptic themes are loads of fun to play with as well. i love stories that involve an undercurrent of the unknown, surreal, and supernatural running thick and strong beneath the surface of the mundane. my demons are more buffy than biblical. straight-up realism and slice-of-life aren't generally my particular cup of tea. fandoms tend not to be, either, but i LOVE discussing mutually beloved media, as well as listening to people talk about the stories and characters that they adore regardless of whether they're fandoms that i happen to share or not, so never feel shy telling me about the things (movies, shows, games, books, plays, bathroom graffiti, stone tablets, chemtrails, cave etchings, eldritch cult manifestos scrawled across farmhouse walls in blood that forever stays as red and wet as the day it was shed, podcasts, or whatever else it may be) that you love and which inspire you. i've been lovin' (embarrassingly) hard on 'the good place' and 'people of earth' lately.

i'll roleplay over email, skype, or discord, with no particular preference between the three. i love skype/discord for ooc chat, though, regardless of what we're using for roleplay, so feel free to ask to add me on either one.

i only do gay romance!! in case you didn't pick up on that yet. i might have a slight preference between m// and f// depending on my mood and/or regarding a particular plot, but in general i enjoy both equally.

A FEW THINGS I LIKE:

smarmy old wiseasses, self-hating narcissists, backstabbing and manipulation, whiskey-breathed deadbeats, brazen con artists (the artfully skilled and the obvious slimebags alike), horrible people continuously trying (and continuously failing) to be better, suburban black magic, devoted fanatics forced to challenge their deepest-held convictions, junji ito, life-and-death battles, unexpected kindness, enemies who've been enemies so long they've developed a sort of rapport, unenthusiastic heroes, self-taught necromancers working shitty service jobs, butch lesbians, AIs grappling with humanity and their own place, dysfunctional and turbulent relationships with desperation and tenderness at their core, sleazebags and burnouts being thrust into roles of extreme responsibility (through circumstance or destiny), perverts terrified of sex, strong women interacting with other strong women, demons and the generally nonhuman hiding among humans, david cronenberg, hellraiser, awkward bumbling people attempting to present themselves as much more together and impressive than they are, themes of betrayal/hurt/anger/vengeance, a lil' gratuitous violence here n' there, supernatural war, evil corporations that are wholly and literally evil, biotech, cults, manipulation, crippling emotional issues covered up with superiority complexes, demons/vampire hunters, buffy the goddamn vampire slayer, aliens, time travel (especially less explored small-scale time travel, like the ramifications of travelling only a few hours or days back in time and creating diverging timelines), brainwashing, bungled heists, channel 4's flowers.

feel free to message me if you think we'll jive, and we'll see if we can't hammer something wonderful out together. happy hunting.
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 12:20 AM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

What’s your email? smile.gif
^
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 09:02 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

You sound so promising but left no contact info sad.gif
^
tinkerbabble
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 09:17 PM

Awards:
N/A

i left no contact info cuz i'd prefer you'd, y'know, contact me on here via PM first if you're interested, but maybe that's not how people usually do things here. i'm tinkerbabble@hotmail.com and tinkerbabble on skype as well.
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 09:44 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

I messaged you
^
legendarysanninkrea
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 05:03 AM

Awards:
N/A

messaged you <3
PM
^
tinkerbabble
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 10:04 PM

Awards:
N/A

back 2 life.... back 2 reality
PM
^
Star
 Posted: Nov 15 2017, 07:50 PM

Unregistered

Awards:

Hi! It seems like we have a lot of common interests. I've got a want ad up here and was wondering if anything there struck your fancy? I'm open to ideas (like I luv "strong women interacting with other strong women" and "suburban black magic", bless) and while I doooo have a handful of fandoms listed on my want ad, I really prefer sticking my own characters into the world so that I can explore it better than the original media. I have a couple original ideas thrown up too, but if you'd like something else I'm happy to listen and brainstorm!

I sent you an email too in case you watch that more than here :> You can email me at littlesparrowboi@gmail.com
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs