barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Closed
New Poll

THINGS THAT WE ARE NOT COOL WITH AROUND HERE
carciofi
 Posted: Apr 11 2011, 05:14 PM

captain bird
Group: Members

Awards:

Okay, so we all know how frustrating it is to feel like you're waiting forever for your roleplay partner to respond to you, or even worse, to feel like they're blowing you off permanently. We all want the people we roleplay with to put as much effort back in as we feel like we're giving them. It's understandable to get aggravated or feel insulted.

You know what's NOT COOL though? Attacking people for it!

I like to think BARBERMONGER is a pretty chill place and we are all about having a good time and finding other people who like to have a good time with us. So it makes me sad to hear that several members have been having problems with harrassment because their partners didn't think they were responding fast enough. When finding roleplays stops being fun and starts making people upset, there is a problem!!

You gotta understand that it's really not personal if somebody doesn't feel like replying at a given point in time or even if they drop the roleplay completely. It just happens. We all deal with it. And would you really want to roleplay with somebody if you had to scream them into replying to you?

Seriously though I will bop you on the head with my giant mallet if disrespect gets out of hand. Be cool, people.

user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Erik
 Posted: Apr 12 2011, 03:49 PM

STAY COOL EVERYONE
Group: Members

Awards:

user posted image

I'm George Takei, and I support this message. You are also reading this sentence in my voice.

This post has been edited by Erik: Apr 12 2011, 03:50 PM

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs