barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Come Look Here, modern, jcink, angst&drama
starbright
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 10:34 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hi!!

I’m looking for what everyone comes here for; a writing partner. Essentially someone that I can explore multiple characters and multiple plots with for, hopefully, a long time period. I do ask that if you contact me, you’re at least 18 because I’m like mature themes, therefore, anyone younger just won't work.

First, a couple of things about me:

★ 22-year-old female
★ Have been roleplaying on and off for about 8 years
★ I reside on the east coast
★ And I'm currently in my last semester, of my last year of college

For genres, I generally enjoy modern, real-life scenarios the most with lots of angst, drama, and a dash of fluff or lots of it. Really I just like torturing my characters and creating feels, crying for days over the torment we’ve placed our characters and ultimately ourselves through. Or something cute and loving that we could have fun with and make us cry with joy because the characters’ relationship is literally goals. If any of that is right up your alley, we could get a good thing going.

As far as my writing goes, I consider myself literate grammar and convention wise. But by no means am I writing a novel every post and I don't expect that from you either, actually, I beg of you not to. Quality over quantity, always. Just give your best effort in a short post and I promise I'll be happy.

I have no problem with playing any gender as well as playing as any sexuality, so all pairings are a go for me. And I’d prefer if my partner was also comfortable with portraying different genders so we could play out multiple dynamics.

Also, I love using face-claims/playbys/whatever you want to refer to them as. I've been spoiled over the years, therefore, a mere description of my character just isn't enough. I would love if my partner were also fond of using them as well because it's just kind of weird for one person to use them and the other not??

I prefer roleplaying over jcink forums because email and messenger replies always get eaten or lost somehow. And really, the visuals on sites are just a lot more up my alley than the bland background of these apps. It's actually really fun and allows for so much more creativity, which I'm a fan of. So if you’re familiar with forum playing or you’re willing to learn, that would be great. I'd also be happy to discuss this topic more as well if you were hesitant and had any questions.

I believe I covered everything and if you haven’t run away yet and might actually think that we can get along well, please let me love you! I have aim and discord if talking/planning over messengers is something you prefer, which I’ll happily give out over email or tumblr messenger.

My email is:
★ stuckinthehipster@gmail.com

And my tumblr is:
★ kitt-rps

Hope to here from some of you real soon!!
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 06:28 PM

Awards:
N/A

still looking
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 04:17 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump. im back and still looking for a reliable partner
PM
^
Hachi
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 05:51 PM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

I emailed you!
^
JayGirl
 Posted: Jan 26 2017, 06:56 AM

Unregistered
Group: Guests

Awards:

I was discussing with you starting an RP but you never responded even after I asked if you were still interested which is always upsetting because things seemed to be going well sad.gif
^
starbright
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 12:40 PM

Awards:
N/A

still looking
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 08:42 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 03:55 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PM
^
White Fox
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 08:43 PM

Awards:
N/A

PMEmail
^
starbright
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 12:16 AM

Awards:
N/A

still looking
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 09:49 AM

Awards:
N/A

updated and added some things!! so bump!!
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 04:28 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 12:28 AM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PM
^
starbright
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 01:56 PM

Awards:
N/A

Spring break! And I'm bored.

So bump
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs