|BARBERMONGER - a one on one roleplay search forum||one-on-one ads Search Members Help|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?
BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.
|Shades||Posted on Jul 10 2018, 09:11 PM|
Bump! One story got taken, but the other ones are still open!
|Shades||Posted on Jul 9 2018, 07:48 AM|
Bump! Still looking for all of those!
|Shades||Posted on Jul 5 2018, 11:21 AM|
Hey there, Barbermonger people! I'm once again looking for a roleplay partner. I'll cut to the chase, because I'm sure nobody here wants to hear a lot of fluff.
+ Older than 21;
+ Work full time;
+ Write solely through email;
+ Don't use IM;
+ Post roughly once a day;
+ Like longer, more involved posts;
+ Strongly prefer to write females;
+ Ditch-friendly (just let me know so I can reopen the request);
+ English is my second language, but I've got a decent enough grasp and welcome correction.
What I'm looking for in a partner:
+ Older than 21;
+ Understands real life gets busy;
+ Is okay with writing and plotting being done through email;
+ Posts in a timely fashion (anything from once a day to a one or two times a week is fair game);
+ Likes to write longer, more involved posts (I'd say about 3 paragraphs, though if we're on a quicker back and forth posts can be shorter to get more out of the session);
+ Is open about telling me if you don't want to do this anymore - no questions asked, no guilt-tripping from me;
+ Doesn't need to be a native English speaker, as long as there's a decent grasp on grammar and spelling.
If you're still here after all that, check below for what I'm looking for in terms of pairings:
- Regular (non famous) woman x gay actor in a lavender marriage;
- Jack the Ripper x unsuspecting wife;
- Mafia boss's wife (witness protection) x police officer looking after her;
- Male servant x younger (newly orphaned) mistress;
- Broke aristocratic girl x rich commoner (arranged marriage);
- Young prostitute seeking to be reformed x pastor or Catholic priest seeking to help her;
Harry Potter pairings:
- Young Sirius Black x Muggle OC;
- Young Tom Riddle x Heir from another house (OC);
- Young Remus Lupin x Muggle OC;
- Alpha werewolf x human mate;
- Vampire stalker x human;
Real life pairings:
- Regular (non famous) wife x famous husband (a sort of a price-of-fame plot, I have reasonably detailed ideas for that);
- Partner x partner struggling with addiction (alcohol or illegal drugs);
- Actor x actress (pressures of being a couple in the spotlight);
- Older college professor x younger (older than 21) student;
- President x first lady (Evita - movie - inspired);
- Honest (female) cop x crooked (either gender) partner;
- Criminal's daughter x High ranking police officer's son or daughter;
- Stalker/kidnapper x victim (can be anyone he's created a fantasy about);
- Rich man who needs to marry and have a child to get his inheritance x poor woman who's willing to help him as (initially) a 'business transaction';
- Roommate x roommate (old friend, needing a place to crash);
- Toxic partners (verbal, emotional, physical abuse) who can't seem to part ways;
I will probably update this often, but that's it for now.
If you're interested in any of those pairings, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, letting me know what you're interested in, and I'll get back to you!