barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

Let's imagine, m// email maybe discord
Wicker
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 11:46 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hey there, my name's Wicker. I've been RPing since I was 12, which was over 10 years ago (I'm over 18). I've never been very good at introducing myself so I'm just going to skip the rest of this haha.

few rules/some info:
+18+ only. I will not roleplay with people who are underage.
+I rp mxm or m// ONLY. That does not mean that side characters have to follow this, though. Just the main one.
+I use one main character for the RP. I don't mind doubling, but generally not long term.
+I have no limits. I ask that you don't also, but if you're not feeling a scene we can just skip/fade to black.
+Creativity is a must. I love world building, making characters, talking about stuff. Whatever we wanna do.
+I know not everyone likes talking about it, but I'm gonna throw it out there. In sexual encounters I prefer my character be the 'bottom' one. That being said, I'll do whatever. Its a preference, not a requirement. I do like for you to tell me what you have planned for your character, though, so I can get into the head space for my boy.
+I don't mind smut heavy RPs, I don't mind story heavy RPs. Just lemme know where you're headed.
+My posts can be anywhere from a paragraph to a page. I prefer 2-3 quality paragraphs.

rps:
scifi (fun stuff in space, fun stuff on other planets, etc. etc.)
fantasy (dragon riders, griffin riders, elves, magic, orcs and other species, etc.)
slice of life (college, roommates, etc.)
modern fantasy (werewolves, angels/demons, vampires)
post-apoc
mutants
mythology (gods, creatures, etc.)
cryptids
new worlds

---'Media' rps I prefer to RP the world and leave out canon characters for the most part unless they're side characters. Depends on the rp though.---
Fallout
Dragon Age
Horizon Zero Dawn
Stardew Vally
others I can't think of rn
mixing the above
something new! Feel free to toss me ideas.

ideas:
Mutts/etc...
In the not so distant future people with abilities exist. The general public is terrified of them from a few bad stories of people using their powers for murder, bank robbery, etc. As a response there's been an anti-mutant military task force who have been given brand new, highly addictive, injections to give them powers. The problems? They have to be taken regularly and an unknown side effect is that if you had the inactive genes to be a mutant it tends to activate those, making mutants out of these soldiers. There's also a group who attack and manipulate the buildings and machines the military use to identify muntants, most of the members of this group are unknown and undocumented. What's a bit unknown is that this group hides mutants who don't help the more extreme members as well, giving them a place to stay in general safety. Basic idea is that your character (I'm looking for one of the anti-mutant people) joined a group who are going to this safe haven to try and infiltrate the group that's been plotting and executing these attacks. My character is a member of this group. And he is pretty powerful, my character, but he does have weaknesses. I basically want to play something that's strong and kind of awe inspiring, but needs to be defended. Basically he's an extremely powerful summoner, but he takes huge risks because what he summons gets hurt it can hurt him as well, and depending on the size of the summon he has to use more of his own mind to control it. Something small he doesn't have to worry about too much, something big he has to basically go to sleep to do it. Also he has to stay within a radius of these summons. Yours can also be extremely powerful, and if the injections turn him into an actual mutant, if you decide you want to change your power you can! Exciting! WHOOOOOO.

smutty stuff: Uh, ask me about it. I mostly do ABO-esque stuff, I do certain kinks, I like to make different alien species and stuff. I have an f-list, feel free to email me and ask for it and I'll send it over, and you're welcome to toss me yours!

wickerwords@gmail.com If we mix well feel free to ask me for my discord.

If we RPed together at some point and something happened lemme know and we can see if we can go again.
PMEmail
^
Wicker
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 03:30 AM

Awards:
N/A

added some stuff
PMEmail
^
Wicker
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 10:15 PM

Awards:
N/A

bloop
PMEmail
^
Wicker
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 07:15 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump it up
PMEmail
^
Wicker
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 09:25 PM

Awards:
N/A

bump
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs