barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Well Ain't This Somethin' Else, Fandom, Original, and other weird shit.
milliona
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 12:29 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

McFuckin' Howdy, Y'all.
Name's Fresh.

I'm gonna be as quick, simple, and concise as I can here.
Fandoms on top, original, non-fandom situations and AU ideas below that. Then rules.
M/M unless the pairing otherwise dictates something else.

If you'd like to see writing samples from me, peep this. It's all NSFW.
More writing samples found here. These are more indicative of my RP style (it's also mostly NSFW).

Fandoms.
! = I really wanna do this
bolded names are characters I would rather play within the pairing.

STAR WARS
  • General Hux/Kylo Ren !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Darth Maul/OC !!!!
  • Knights of Ren/General Hux
  • Captain Phasma/General Hux
OVERWATCH
  • McCree/Hanzo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • McCree/Genji
  • McCree/Junkrat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • McCree/Reaper
  • McCree/Soldier 76 !!!
  • Moira/Mercy !!
  • Mercy/Genji
  • Genji/Zenyatta
  • Junkrat/Lucio
  • Junkrat/Symmetra
  • Zarya/Mei
  • Reaper/Soldier 76 !!!!!!!
  • Pharah/Mercy !!
DREAM DADDY
Does this fandom still exist? IDK but I'm still HERE. FOR. IT.
(Also demons/cult ending/supernatural shit is my fav so hit me up for that shit)
  • Joseph/Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Damien/Robert
  • Damien/OC
  • Joseph/OC
OG AND AU
! = I really wanna do this
bolded names are characters I would rather play within the pairing.

SCI-FI AND ALIENS !!!!!
Lots of stuff to go on down here.
  • Space Pirates !
  • Aliens hiding on Earth!
  • Earthlings in space!
  • Aliens and Earthlings in a war!
  • Aliens and Earthlings in peace treaty nonsense!
  • Space station shenanigans!
  • Stranded on an alien planet!
  • Treasure Planet-type stuff!
And it goes on and on my friends. I have loads of ideas for this particular genre, so don't hesitate to ask about it. !

FANTASY - LOW, HIGH, AND OTHERWISE
  • High Fantasy
  • Modern Fantasy
  • Adventures and Magic
  • Sea Voyages, like the animated Sinbad, or Pirates of the Caribbean if you're more familiar with that
  • Historical Fantasy
  • Magical Worlds
  • Colossi
  • Mythical Creatures, including werewolves, vampires, nymphs, nagas, satyrs, centaurs, dragons, mermaids, and whatever else is available.
  • Necromancy
Whatever nonsense you can cram into this, go for it. Everything from arranged marriage tropes to a pair of friends setting off on some grand adventure is of course welcome. I also have ideas for this, so again feel free to ask.

CANNIBALISM
This has its' own category because I'm a horrible, nasty human being and you should definitely check out Dinner With a Cannibal if you haven't already. Find it at your local library!
  • I'm looking for something that explores cannibalism in, specifically, a post-apocalyptic scenario (thinking mainly something set in a Mad Max-esque universe).
  • Something that involves harvesting 'meat' from still-living 'stock' as a main plot-point (if you're squeamish like super turn back now cause it ain't getting better from here).
  • Accidental consumption of human meat by a character (possibly over a long period of time, and the psychological fallout as a result of this).
  • Detailed descriptions of both the harvest of either still-living or deceased stock, as well as descriptions of food prep (imagine Hannibal-levels of attractive-looking food).
  • Cannibalism being something that is still largely frowned upon, despite dire, post-apoc circumstances.
  • World-building nonsense.
I am interested in playing any of the following characters:
  • A cannibal who consumes human flesh out of either necessity or pleasure (I have a lot of ideas here okay just come at me with what kind of character you want to play I'm willing to do anything here).
  • Someone who was once a victim of circumstance but managed to escape with (most of) their limbs intact.
  • Someone unrelated who happens to stumble upon a 'herd of stock' and decides to save them. Among this stock is your character.
These roleplays will not necessarily be long. If you want to play a current victim (one that doesn't survive, for instance), against my cannibal just to explore the aspect of terror and torture, then obviously our rp isn't gonna go on forever.

EVERYTHING ELSE
Just whatever else comes to mind. Steampunk, robots, all are welcome and can also be applied to above genres. General sci-fi tropes and such fall here as well, since above is very specifically alien-oriented.
  • Robot/Human
  • Superhero original characters and verses
  • Post-Apocalyptic survival, including zombies, The Road, viral outbreak, nuclear war, Mad Max, Hunger Games etc.
  • Rick and Morty-esque adventure
  • Omegaverse AU (which can be applied to literally everything listed above tbh)
Rules.
These are like super simple, and I'm gonna try to keep them that way. Most things are pretty intuitive, and I'm not the biggest stickler in the world, so it should be okay.
  • I only roleplay via email. If you wanna plot on Hangouts or smth like that, it's cool. But the bulk of actual roleplay will occur via email.
  • Another thing that's not really a rule, but bears mentioning: I like drama and angst but if there is too much and it's too constant I will burn right the hell out and will probably tell you to ease up on the doom-and-gloom. If you're about one disaster after another without a break to breathe we probably won't get on super well. A little bit of fluff? Just a lil. I'm a sucker for sweet lovin'.
  • I work multiple jobs irl so my rp time is limited. I usually reply once a day, sometimes more. Sometimes I reply half a paragraph, sometimes you'll get four. Either way you'll always have something to work with.
  • I'm not comfortable roleplaying with people under 18. Please be 18+.
  • Descriptive smut is required. Maybe not all the time, but when appropriate. If you fade-to-black, please don't message me.
  • Again, not a rule, but if you see fanart or make a YT playlist or hear a song that reminds you of a character/pairing/scenario, PLEASE FEEL FREE to share it with meeeee. I'm a ho for that kind of stuff and I'll spam you with fanart too.
If anything catches your interest, fancy, or curiosity, please don't hesitate to message me either here, or (even better) on my email!
sectith@gmail.com
PMEmail
^
milliona
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 10:58 AM

Awards:
N/A

Beep boop
PMEmail
^
milliona
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 01:47 PM

Awards:
N/A

Let's bump this up y'all
PMEmail
^
milliona
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:47 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump this
PMEmail
^
milliona
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:09 PM

Awards:
N/A

Bump
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs