barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

Your Favorite RPs, Tell us about them!
Poette
 Posted: Jan 17 2015, 06:28 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

Tell us about the rps you adore, whether they are your own (bragging rights fully welcome) or someone else's (spread the love so we can become fans with you!). Make us want to read it or wish that we could have read it!

user posted image
Anything But Your Kind[18+]

by Abbey and Xander (currently on-going)

Tags: M//, Historical RP: WWII (Slightly Alternate History), Setting: German Concentration Camp as well as other locations, Interactions between Nazis and Concentration Camp Prisoners involving Humiliation and Torture.

Ratings Scale (18+) :
Language: 18+, explicit language
Sex: 18+, graphic depictions
Violence: 18+, instances of humiliation and torture

WARNING: This story is not for the faint of heart. Please review the Warning at the Beginning of the RP (see link above) for further detail on content and possible triggers.

I FINALLY sat down and finished reading this in its entirety, so now I can be considered a proper fan~ I often check for daily updates. Abbey and Xander’s writing style is a treat to read—something reiterated by many of us on BarberMonger (see Abbey and Xander's other RP threads on BarberMonger).

THE STORY/CONTENT: The story is well-paced (even though they spend a ridiculously long time in winter) and has a variety of locations and side characters to keep interactions fresh, even though a great deal of the interactions are violent in nature, as one would expect in a WWII concentration camp. This RP is explicit in more than one way, so one should be aware of this beforehand, or they will become aware of it shortly in. Some readers may not like the Narrative of a Nazi or find some of the content disturbing.

THE WRITERS: One must appreciate their compatibility as partners and envy their partnership in terms of longevity, writing style, and other factors (how they are our awesome mods). What strikes me the most about these two is that when I read their writing, it inspires me to be a better writer.

OVERALL: I love a story that pulls at one’s heartstrings – especially one so morally controversial. I suppose it’s a mastery of our trade to get people to appreciate something that should be otherwise deplorable. c: (you guys know what I mean.)

I only started reading it last year (when I joined BarberMonger), so I don't get to call myself a devoted fan from the very beginning, but I really do believe it takes a great deal of commitment to start something and continue for years. It's really admirable-- and well written, which is a bonus.

That’s my fan loving, ta da.
PM
^
abbey
 Posted: Jan 17 2015, 08:28 PM

Awards:

user posted image

today i feel like a writer.

poette, no one has ever written such a heartfelt review. i hereby award you the purple heart of being a TRUE FAN from the almost-beginning. you can redeem it for one eternal winter.

QUOTE (poette)
(even though they spend a ridiculously long time in winter)

this is completely my fault.

IT'S SUMMER NOW IN ITALY, IF THAT MAKES UP FOR IT.

i will add my own favourites shortly. those of you who haven't posted your writing to BM yet -- you know who you are -- please do so i can read your masterworks.
PMEmail
^
XANDER
 Posted: Feb 1 2015, 01:42 PM

tiefling bard
Group: Admin

Awards:

thanks poette

user posted image

but no seriously, abbey and i squint at our thread view count on the daily and i have always wondered intensely about who reads it and why and what they like, so finally hearing someone's opinion is A WORLD OF DELIGHT. i will tell you that the reason we spend so much time in winter is that *technically* the allies liberate buchenwald in april, and thus we are crunching all this CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT into a short period of time.

one must appreciate their compatibility as partners and envy their partnership in terms of longevity, writing style

have you ever seen those sci-fi movies where the hero(ine) touches like, some horrible ooze, and then it sticks to their hand and never comes off AND EATS THEIR HAND???

i am that ooze

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
knox
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 11:23 AM

basically a ghost

Awards:

poette i am thoroughly moved and impressed by your examination of abbey and sander's role play

almost as moved by it as i am by the role play itself :') tears are forming in my eyes ugh
PM
^
Poette
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 09:31 PM

Awards:

I love you all but where are your favorite rps? I am very displeased that you all will not share awesome rps for me to stalk and read or make me wish I could read. Cry. All I want is to be a part of your fan club.

Feel the guilt.

Now I will resume being the silent ghost that consumes ABYK.
PM
^
abbey
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 05:25 AM

Awards:

all of my favourite roleplays are not being written anymore. i guess i could dig into the archives. user posted image

i like your new av and your cute little bow.
PMEmail
^
SithLordOfSnark
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 12:54 PM

Awards:

My favorite is my own, X-Men: After the Chaos.
PMEmail
^
Poette
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 10:53 PM

Awards:

maybe what everyone is secretly saying is that we need to have more people rping on BM.
c;

@ SithLordOfSnark: (If you don't mind me asking:) How long is/was your rp? What made it your favorite (partner, storyline/plot, fond memories, everything clicking just right...)?

@abbey: I never remember where I find certain images...I sometimes have this fear I'm going to post something I saw on the site I saw it on haha. whoops. glad you like it.
PM
^
SithLordOfSnark
 Posted: Apr 15 2015, 08:45 PM

Awards:

QUOTE (Poette @ Apr 1 2015, 07:53 PM)
maybe what everyone is secretly saying is that we need to have more people rping on BM.
c;

@ SithLordOfSnark: (If you don't mind me asking:) How long is/was your rp? What made it your favorite (partner, storyline/plot, fond memories, everything clicking just right...)?

@abbey: I never remember where I find certain images...I sometimes have this fear I'm going to post something I saw on the site I saw it on haha. whoops. glad you like it.

Actually, it is still running, which is what makes it my favorite. I've owned it 10 years off and on - This time it has run so far for almost a year and I don't see an end in sight.
PMEmail
^
Poette
 Posted: Sep 24 2015, 09:02 AM

Awards:

May I just reiterate that when you see a reply for a good rp, it makes the day instantly better.
Share your love stories.

PM
^
Lar
 Posted: Sep 30 2015, 03:05 PM

viewing online list
Group: Moderator

Awards:

Who Hath Desired The Sea

me and bird.
lady knights.
punctuated by the best worldbuilding i've ever had the pleasure of doing and a cast of characters with their own varying motivations.

i literally have not had this much fun with an rp ever. we even made a stupid companion thread for maps/heraldry/doodles/etc.
PMEmailAIM
^
bird
 Posted: Sep 30 2015, 06:28 PM

number one dad

Awards:

QUOTE (Lar @ Sep 30 2015, 04:05 PM)
Who Hath Desired The Sea

me and bird.
lady knights.
punctuated by the best worldbuilding i've ever had the pleasure of doing and a cast of characters with their own varying motivations.

i literally have not had this much fun with an rp ever. we even made a stupid companion thread for maps/heraldry/doodles/etc.

I AM SO TOUCHED
<3 this roleplay is the best

stay tuned for:
- fights
- more fights
- giant cavalry battles
- witch-queens, barbarians, and things from the deep
- cool nautical stuff
- more licking of weaponry
- adventures
- throwing axes
- lesbians
- also more lesbians
- really let's be honest that's probably what you're tuning in for
- should i say lez be honest
- anyway
- i'm dumb but lar is great and this roleplay is great
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs