barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE

Add Reply
New Poll

I solemnly swear I am up to no good, mostly fandoms! m//, f//, some mxf
impostersyndrome
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 04:32 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

hey there! i'm eve, 25, dog mom, current grad student looking to distract myself from the ever-growing piles of work and cups of coffee that will soon bury me. write with me!

i:

~have no limits. at all. surprise me, shock me. i don't fade to black and i prefer not to.

~do use proper capitalization in character. : ) my pending phd is in english, so i like to think i know how to use it.

~can write anything from a two- or three-liner (with enough content to respond to) to 1,800-ish words per reply. they both have their benefits and drawbacks. one-liners can not be descriptive enough and therefore less fun to reply to, 2k word posts take much longer and sometimes the length alone is a deterrent. pick your poison.

~can double with yooou.

~don't do mxf (with the exception of some fandoms) unless we're doubling with a m// or f// couple (sirius/remus and james/lily, anyone?)--in which case i'll happily play either. it's not my jam usually.

~tend not to prefer OCs in my fandoms--you might be able to convince me, but generally also not my jam.

~reply at least once a week for longer replies, more frequently/daily for shorter ones.

~am craving romance, drama, angst, humor, dark themes, etc. etc.

~like to taaaaaalk particularly if i'm super in to the roleplay or we're doing a fandom i love.

~have been roleplaying for close to fifteen years, oops. neopets alums you feel me?

~usually write third-person past tense? is that the sort of thing people are putting in their ads nowadays?

~am queer-friendly.

~am in EST.

you:

~are over 18, preferably over 21. seriously. i have been an adult for seven years and i am not writing mature content with someone who isn't, it creeps me out and is probably illegal.

~have no limits or will tell me what yours are!

~can reply at least once a week.

~are willing to talk to me because i'm human and we can plot together and whatnot.

~are looking for a longterm roleplay.

~are into what i'm into!

fandoms:

harry potter any era, including fantastic beasts; if you'll do sirius/remus with me i'll die happy, but whatever floats your boat
skins uk or something inspired by it
torchwood, always
life is strange
buffy
fruits basket inspired
american horror story first or third seasons-based
veronica mars first season-based
maybeeee game of thrones?
in the flesh
suggest? it's a small eclectic group, sorry!

other:

errrrr anything? i like dark and angsty, so throw an odd pairing at me or anything else. i've done some great seven deadly sins, angels and demons, whatever. try me!

email: kinnectfor@aim.com
aim: kinnectfor (but email me first to let me know you're contacting me, please!)
PMEmail
^
impostersyndrome
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:33 pm

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Still looking!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs