barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

spooktoberfest, all horror all the time
mellery
 Posted: Oct 6 2016, 02:58 PM

Group: Members

Awards:

woo halloween! im going to dump some recs then go into what im planning to consume this month!

film wise...tokyo gore police, tale of two sisters, pontypool, society, oni baba, battle royale

anime/manga wise...paranoia agent, ghost stories ( the dub - wink.gif ), drifting classroom, memories

book wise...the lottery, uhh............pass

game wise...corpse party, mad father (free game), the cat lady, steins; gate, higurashi, ben croshaw's x days a x series is free and fun (http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/games.htm)

i'm kicking off reading the shining girls, then moving onto 'songs of a dead dreamer and grimscribe'.

im going to watch some hellboy cartoons then move onto the wailing

and i'm going to be playing until dawn!

aside from that i'm going to some clubs and a herzog film night

for aesthetic stuff i got a blog that's gothy horror for a rp im workin on http://whenwegooutside.tumblr.com/

PMEmail
^
bird
 Posted: Oct 6 2016, 05:56 PM

number one dad

Awards:

it's almost halloween! my favourite goddamn holiday. it's here it's here it's heeeere

i mentioned it in the cbox already but i'm dressing up as snake plissken from escape from new york to an 80s/stranger things-themed party! i'm pretty stoked. i may also have a second halloween party to go to though so i'm trying to come up with a second easy costume fast. may seriously just buy that inflatable t-rex costume from amazon but i figure i can come up with something better. i am TAKING SUGGESTIONS. please note i am best suited to dressing as 80s bad guys. maybe on monday i'll go to my parents' place and hand out candy too?? someone stop me.

i am excited about ALL OF IT and also i second mel's recommendation of pontypool (which is doubly hilarious if you're an anglophone canadian btw)

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Poette
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 02:34 PM

Awards:

@[MELLERY]

Last month I played Until Dawn. I'll be brief in saying I enjoyed it, but in the way one enjoys the game that has caused one the most immense sense of tension in their life.

To preface this further, I'll admit that suspense and fright are really not my cup of tea. I was brought up with an enjoyment for zombie killing games and chilling, creepy horror (grotesque, macabre) that doesn't cause one to jump at every scare.

And yet my boyfriend bought Until Dawn for me because he thought I liked horror. His only advice upon starting was "try to keep everyone alive." How does one respond to that besides "?!?!" having known nothing of the game prior to starting?

Which meant that throughout the game I agonized my decisions as the voice beside me was egging me on to not result in anyone's death...

I'm not even sure what to add. That game left me pausing at points because I couldn't handle continuing without freaking out and trying to hand the controller to my boyfriend who refused to take it... which meant I continued while dying inside.

Overall I thought it was quite well-done, if not a bit exploitative of jump scares (to which are a notable weakness of mine and leave one with a sense of edge that doesn't dissipate). I do recommend it greatly.

However, I think I'll stick mostly to my zombie killing games when it comes to 'horror' for the most part...
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs