barbermonger: a one on one roleplay search forum

WELCOME TO BARBERMONGER
WHAT IS BARBERMONGER?

BARBERMONGER is a site designed to help roleplayers find other roleplayers, specifically one-on-one roleplayers, as opposed to larger roleplay games. Functioning like a pinboard, BARBERMONGER allows users to create advertisements, bump advertisements, and respond to other advertisements, without requiring them to register an account. However, registering an account will allow you to edit your posts, find your own topics, and use the private messaging system.

HELPFUL LINKS:

BARBERMONGER RULES
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS
MEMBERS
SEARCH WITH JCINK
SEARCH WITH GOOGLE
DONATE TO BARBERMONGER

Add Reply
New Poll

A Quick Search, Email, 18+, OCs only
Resoan
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 03:03 PM

Group: Members

Awards:
N/A

Hi there! I'm currently craving something set in a pseudo-historical and/or fantasy setting. I'm not really looking to play a large cast or to go into incredible detail insofar as world-building is concerned (though I'm not against it per se).

I'm looking to play a lady of high rank (a bastard daughter forced to take a throne alone, a widow queen, a tribal leader forced to make tough decisions, a court shamaness acting on behalf of a weak monarch, etc), and I'm really wanting to play her opposite a sort of taboo man? A religious figure supposedly to remain chaste, a mystic the court reviles but whom she takes into her confidence, a knight/man of lower rank she dallies with before being betrothed for an alliance, another of high rank though not intended for her/married already, etc. As you can see, I'm pretty open in terms of characters. Bonus points if the pair have grown up together/known each other for a long time. Super mega extra bonus points if pregnancy factors into things, especially in political turmoil and it's just a terrible time for it.

(I know it seems like I live for the angst, but fluff and smut and plot and all things soft are incredibly welcome as well!)

I want it set in a political atmosphere (a court, a council, a tribe, a palace, whatever) where things like appearance and reputation are just as important as actually meting out justice and receiving guests and ensuring borders and safety of the kingdom. Would prefer it not be based in a completely historical setting (I don't like having to google simple details to meet historical accuracy), though inspired by or something of an analog to it is completely fine. Also very interested in a loosely-Arthurian based idea? At least insofar as the setting is concerned (two religions trying to stamp each other out, magic v science, trying to rein in all the clans and tribes, etc).

I'm looking for an m/f pair where I'd play the lady, though I'm not opposed to doubling by any means -- and I'm completely open to any pairing dynamic on your end! I don't fade to black, so please do not ask. That said, my partner needs to be 18+. Limit-wise, I will not touch toiletplay, bestiality, pedophilia, feet, gore, or snuff. Kinks can be discussed.

I play only over email and I'm looking for a couple replies a week on the lengthier side (at least 3+ paragraphs per character, please). Face claims are nice but not strictly necessary. OOC over discord is fine, though if you don't have it, keeping things over email is great too.

Questions are fine, so long as they aren't asking things I've mentioned here already. If I've interested you at all, please feel free to contact me!

grimmsandhooks@gmail.com
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
Shadowplay Roleplay Gateway Fragile Things

skin created by they-go of RCR, CAUTION, they go and wombat designs