Guinevere doesn't have a custom title currently.
Location: No Information
Born: No Information
Website: No Information
Joined: 23-July 18
Last Seen: Aug 13 2018, 09:18 AM
Local Time: Aug 15 2018, 11:53 PM
0 posts ( per day)
( % of total forum posts )
Jul 23 2018, 04:11 PM
I'm a female in my twenties. I'm a student who stays busy between work and school but loves creating beautiful stories, so I'm looking for a couple parters willing to go on a long-term journey with me. Said partners would need to be willing to develop multiphasic plots with me and would have to be patient enough to wait a few days (maybe even a week or more) between replies. I'll do my best to communicate when I know I won't be able to respond for awhile, but feel free to give me a poke if you haven't heard from me in awhile. I will warn you, however, that I have a strong tendency to drop people who pester me endlessly. :s A little patience and understanding is all I ask for.
All of that being said, I've been known to pump out multiple responses in one day when I have enough time and inspiration, so it won't always be slow-going.
Anyway, let's break down a few things, shall we? I'm pretty picky when it comes to role play, so let's see if we're a good match!
1. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are important to me. Do I make mistakes? Yes. Do I try really hard not to? Also yes. I prefer partners who are very competent in writing and can craft responses I legitimately enjoy reading. I love detail, I love character development, I love reading through internal struggles. On the other hand, I'm not particularly fond of reading 50 pages of writing every time you send me a response, so I'd say the sweet spot for me is anywhere between 2 and 8 paragraphs for a normal post. For intros or particularly action-filled or juicy scenes, I'm known to go significantly longer.
2. Character sheets? I can do with or without them. You want skip them? Great. You want to do a bare minimum character sheet with just a name and picture? Cool. You want to do an extensive character profile with detailed descriptions of history, personality, family, and physical appearance? Fine by me! Any of these options or anywhere in between. Just let me know where you fall on that spectrum when you contact me.
3. If you're looking for a dark, edgy story with dark, edgy characters, I'm not the right partner for you. My role plays always include mature themes because I'm not completely trying to escape the real world, but there are certainly a few things I just don't have any desire to write about. Here are some items in particular I steer clear from: adultery, rape, slave/master dynamics, large age gaps, incest. Probably others I just can't think of. Also, our characters may at some point feel inclined to have sex, and that's fine - but I will always fade to black.
4. I only do male x female romantic pairings. At the moment, I'm actually craving opportunities to play the male as my main character. However, I also love having side characters - especially females who become BFFs with my partner's main character. Because girl power.
5. Speaking of romance, I pretty much require romance in my role plays. :D Purely platonic storylines and relationships just don't appeal to me. It doesn't have to be anything immediate, though; I'm always on board for a good, slow burn.
6. Please do NOT make assumptions about my characters or in any way control them. There may be opportunities for us to share side characters, but I've actually had partners alter physical characteristics I had already established for my characters or play out actions for them that I did not approve of. Don't do that. I shouldn't even have to say this, but it's happened to me a lot.
7. Let's maintain an open dialogue about the plot. Let's discuss ideas for the future. I love planning ahead and getting excited for what's to come! It also gives us something to look forward to and keep things moving.
8. I only role play over email.
9. I thoroughly enjoy character development - it's my favorite part of role playing! I love strong, flawed characters who endure hardships and come out even stronger. I love throwing two interesting people together and watching them fall in love, from tense meetings to awkward moments, witty banter, butterflies/early signs of attraction, to that dramatic moment of confessing feelings. <3
Okay! Ready for the good stuff?
I'm really only looking for medieval settings right now. You might persuade me to do other historical settings (like maybe Regency era, WWII, or American Revolution), but medieval will always be my favorite and it's what I'm craving currently! I have a few plot and pairing ideas, but I'd prefer to discuss those via PM or email. Here are a few keywords to let you know what I most enjoy!
adventure | combat | journeys
quests | sword fights | forbidden love
arranged marriage | knights | war
rebellion | espionage | lovers torn apart
strong women | lost princesses
Side note: I generally shy away from fantasy elements. I might be open to some light magic, but we would have to discuss it first.
Shoot me a PM if you're interested!